“So So hotel.....”

Myrtle Beach Atlantic Palms Oceanfront
Ranked #139 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This hotel was average..... i like the fact it was close too the beach and next to amusement park but other than that they need to improve on the staff they ran out of wash cloths our first night and i hate the fact they come so early to clean the room (9;00) I like to sleep on vacation a little come on man...... oh yeah parking across the strreet was no fun either my wife was timid about that

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
sherylkluge, General Manager at Myrtle Beach Atlantic Palms Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2010

Thank your for choosing the 3 Palms hotel to fuflll your recent accommodations. We strive to offer excellent service to each of our guest!

I do apologize for any inconvenience cause during your stay and I ask that when visitng Myrtle Beach, you please give us another chance.

Management

Reviewed June 6, 2010

I never used to think that the staff could make that much of a difference during a hotel stay, but after returning from a 4 night stay at the 3 Palms, I can say I was dead wrong. The staff is completely unprofessional from not greeting you when you come up to the front desk to not answering the phone at the front desk repeatedly after 30+ rings. First of all, do not book this hotel through a discount website, they will put you in a "side view" room, where your view is of either a new hotel being built or a parking garage. On our first night, we decided to go down to the hot tub to relax for a while before we went to bed. Imagine our surprise when the hotel manager (who was sitting in the hot tub with us) started talking about how he had 4 death threats the previous weekend and there were gun shots fired less than a block from the hotel. He also mentioned that he had to disarm someone of a gun at the front desk (an AK-47 that was in they guys back pocket, as if that's possible). The icing on the cake happened the next morning when we went to our car that we had to park in their lot across the street and someone had attempted to punch out the lock on the hatch of our SUV and then ruined the weather stripping on one of our side windows. They have a sign that states that they are not responsible, however when I went to the front desk to report the break-in, I didn't receive so much as an "I'm sorry" or a "That's terrible". They just dialed the police on the phone and told me to make a report. Finaly at this point I'd had enough and called the corporate offices who had the manager call me. After relaying the laundry list of things that had gone wrong, he seemed most interrested in making excuses and fixing a broken dresser drawer in our room. After a 20 minute conversation, I finally had to ask for a room upgrade. If we hadn't already paid in full for the room, we would absolutely have moved hotels. If you are wanting a true 3 star hotel, look elsewhere. This is a 2 star at best.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2009

My boyfriend and I had originally planned on checking into the Best Western Carolinian but they gave us the run around when it came to putting us in a room. I had been looking for a place to stay for months before our trip, but didn't find much on this particular hotel. After we were given the run around from Best Western we got into our car and got online to hopefully find a place for a good price that we could immediately check into. Once we found 3 Palms and went into the hotel, we knew that this was the place for us. Ray was very very helpful and showed us all of our room options without us even having to ask. We were more than happy with the service we received. We did a few issues that were immediately resolved : we had a shortage of silverware but the young man at the front desk helped us with that. Also at one point during our stay, our faucet for our bathtub was broken and wouldn't shut off (it was actually funny looking back on it) but maintance came up right away and put us in a new piece and it was great the rest of our stay. We will definately be back !!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

After reading all of the reviews I was not sure about this hotel. My wife and I made a last minute reservation for the Labor Day weekend so we did not have a lot of choices. We traveled with two young kids (1 & 3 years). To give you a frame of reference, we travel a fair amount for business and try to get two or three vacations in a year. This was our second trip to Myrtle in 2009. In terms of accommodations we own a timeshare and are accustom to fairly spacious villas which are usually not full service hotels. With that said I would say this facility is a bit quirky but the staff was pleasant, the villa was clean, and well stocked. There were a few items missing that I would have expected but nothing to keep me from staying there. Loading and unloading area is a bit small but we found it to be manageable. The parking lot is just across the street and we did not see this as an issue as all.

We had a two room villa which was not on park in terms of layout and space that you would expect in a two bed room villa. The pull out was like a twin so although a two family stay is feasible you better make sure you are really good friends! As for the pool area I thought is was more than adequate for this property. No there were not bands playing and kid friendly area but it was plenty of space and we had a good time there after the beach each day.

Outside of the beach access one of the best things for was the Family Kingdom Amusement park with was right down the street. For those with kids or adults who still wish they were kids this is a great value for the money. We had a great time there and the kids loved it.

In all, this is a safe place to stay, not luxury but not a hole in the wall. If I return it would not be the first place I call however I would stay again if that is all that was available (note: there are places that I would not stay in MB).

For a couple with no kids who just want a clean beach front property without loads of space and service bells & whistles this may be the perfect place. Don't take my recommendation of "No" to a friend in a bad light, its just that many of my friends have kids so outside of the amusement park down the street, there are better places to stay in Myrtle beach if you have kids.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2009

This young girl realy know what is the best service for customer. She was so helpfull and give us so good information about restaurent and things to do. She wonderful and i hope she will be at the same job our maybee a promotion for are next vaxation in 2010.

Thanks kathie and for all travelers, call at the Palms on the night shif and you will have great attention

Jean from Québec

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed at this hotel after spending the night at a horrible hotel next door. We were so pleased with this hotel, that I have been telling all of my friends and family about it. The rates were great, the rooms were very modern with a full kitchen (including utensils, dishes, pots/pans, etc.), the room was very clean. The entire staff was very helpful. The pool areas and lazy river were clean, as well as the sunning area. The elevators were super fast. This hotel has a restaurant, bar, ice cream shop and fitness area. I was so happy that we switched from the rats nest that we stayed in the night before. (you can check out that horror story review that I wrote on Hotel Blue...more like Hotel Blaaaah)! I hope this review helps you and if you can, try to get an oceanfront room. The sideview room is what we stayed in, but you dont have much of a view, but it was still VERY nice! Enjoy your vacation...we sure did after staying there!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I was hesitant about Atlantic Palms after reading some reviews. I'm 18 and just graduated high school. My present from my mom was a trip to Myrtle Beach with my boyfriend, just the two of us. I was worried after reading reviews and the prices were cheap, but we went ahead and booked the room. This is one of the few hotels that will let you stay if you are under 21. So when we got there check-in was very easy and the front desk employees were very nice. They put us in room 223. I was so relieved when we got in there. Everything was very clean and smelled good. It was a beautiful room. Our stay there was also pleasant, but I'm not going to say there were no problems. The main problem, overall, is the other guests staying there. I am young, but my boyfriend and I did not come here to party, like ALL THE OTHER young people at the hotel. We just came to relax and have a good time. There were people being loud in the pool all night long. Teens drinking and cussing in the elevators. But you could only hear them if you were on the balcony, once you shut your door it was very quiet. We had an oceanfront room, and unless you don't care about your room view I would suggest this as well... because the hotel is jammed in between two other ones, one that is basically abandoned and maybe in the process of remoldeling. I imagine "Ocean View" would be terrible.... so I would get ocenfront. But overall our experience here was wondeful. The food in the resturant was very good, and they have free room service. They even bring ice cream to your room at 11:00 at night if you want! And they are very nice. I didn't encounter one rude employee there. The housekeeping came every day around 2:00 and did a good job. This was my first vacation without parents and we had a great time. I would absolutely stay here again! It's right in the heart of Myrtle Beach and lots of things are within walking distance. Also - The beds were WONDERFUL. Very comfy, the nicest bed I have ever slept on. We both slept like babies. Thanks Atlantic Palms!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple