“Best service by Katie”

Ranked #137 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
quebec
“Best service by Katie”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

This young girl realy know what is the best service for customer. She was so helpfull and give us so good information about restaurent and things to do. She wonderful and i hope she will be at the same job our maybee a promotion for are next vaxation in 2010.

Thanks kathie and for all travelers, call at the Palms on the night shif and you will have great attention

Jean from Québec

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
GEORGIA
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed at this hotel after spending the night at a horrible hotel next door. We were so pleased with this hotel, that I have been telling all of my friends and family about it. The rates were great, the rooms were very modern with a full kitchen (including utensils, dishes, pots/pans, etc.), the room was very clean. The entire staff was very helpful. The pool areas and lazy river were clean, as well as the sunning area. The elevators were super fast. This hotel has a restaurant, bar, ice cream shop and fitness area. I was so happy that we switched from the rats nest that we stayed in the night before. (you can check out that horror story review that I wrote on Hotel Blue...more like Hotel Blaaaah)! I hope this review helps you and if you can, try to get an oceanfront room. The sideview room is what we stayed in, but you dont have much of a view, but it was still VERY nice! Enjoy your vacation...we sure did after staying there!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Abingdon, Va
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I was hesitant about Atlantic Palms after reading some reviews. I'm 18 and just graduated high school. My present from my mom was a trip to Myrtle Beach with my boyfriend, just the two of us. I was worried after reading reviews and the prices were cheap, but we went ahead and booked the room. This is one of the few hotels that will let you stay if you are under 21. So when we got there check-in was very easy and the front desk employees were very nice. They put us in room 223. I was so relieved when we got in there. Everything was very clean and smelled good. It was a beautiful room. Our stay there was also pleasant, but I'm not going to say there were no problems. The main problem, overall, is the other guests staying there. I am young, but my boyfriend and I did not come here to party, like ALL THE OTHER young people at the hotel. We just came to relax and have a good time. There were people being loud in the pool all night long. Teens drinking and cussing in the elevators. But you could only hear them if you were on the balcony, once you shut your door it was very quiet. We had an oceanfront room, and unless you don't care about your room view I would suggest this as well... because the hotel is jammed in between two other ones, one that is basically abandoned and maybe in the process of remoldeling. I imagine "Ocean View" would be terrible.... so I would get ocenfront. But overall our experience here was wondeful. The food in the resturant was very good, and they have free room service. They even bring ice cream to your room at 11:00 at night if you want! And they are very nice. I didn't encounter one rude employee there. The housekeeping came every day around 2:00 and did a good job. This was my first vacation without parents and we had a great time. I would absolutely stay here again! It's right in the heart of Myrtle Beach and lots of things are within walking distance. Also - The beds were WONDERFUL. Very comfy, the nicest bed I have ever slept on. We both slept like babies. Thanks Atlantic Palms!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
North Georgia
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I had to travel to Myrtle Beach for a few days for business, and decided to take my wife along with me and have a mini-vacation. The 3 Palms Ocean Front in Myrtle Beach fit our budget, and fit our minimal needs.

Yes, it is true, the property suffers from a long period of neglect, not to mention age, and wear and tear, but it is not a bad place. The front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable (when they tell you to go to Murrells Inlet for seafood, listen to them!). The people who run the cafe were accommodating and friendly. Even housekeeping - who, btw, DO speak English - was nice.

What the 3 Palms Ocean Front needs is a top down tune up. The rooms need to be "refreshed" with new paint, softer linens, and better furniture. The grounds could use a spruce up with some better landscaping, and access to the pool & beach would be better if you didn't have to first traverse the underground parking area.

They advertise free wi-fi in the hotel lobby, but I was also able to access the network of the building right next door from the room. Wi-fi connections are abundant, even on the beach!

I don't know that I'd go back there again. There are literally hundreds of ocean-front properties in Myrtle Beach, and most of them look newer and fresher, and have competitive rates, but if you do pick this hotel, you won't feel ripped off.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
NY State
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Booked a 1-bedroom oceant front room online. The next day we received a call from the "Resort" stating that the room was not available but a 2-bedroom ocean front was available at an additional cost. We booked the room and arrived on 4/12/2009. Entered the room and found it to be a filthy mess. Accumulations of dust and dirt, unmopped floors will evidence of fluid spills and the bed linens were stained, soiled and did not appeart to be changed since the previous occupant vacated. Furthermore the sliding glass door did not lock leaving the room unsecured.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
3palmsMyrtleBeach, sales manager with management firm at 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, May 9, 2009
Since your stay at Atlantic palms the hotel has changed ownership and has a new management company. We are very sorry you had such a bad experience at Atlantic Palms. Our company is committed to guest service and we strive for 100% guest satisfaction and have policies and procedures in place to ensure every guest enjoys their stay. Housekeeping is done on a daily basis with every room inspected by the executive housekeeper before being reported as clean to the front desk. The general manager does random room inspections on a daily basis to also ensure rooms are clean and completely ready to sell. Training of all hotel staff is done constantly, for example a morning meeting is held daily with entire staff to discuss any new issues or concerns with tasks assigned to correct them.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

spartanburg, sc
Reviewed October 6, 2008

Ok, so I had read the reviews on this resort after I had already booked my trip through HotelCorp.com. I was very worried after reading all of the negative comments. I am pleased to say that after arriving and staying at the Atlantic Palms Resort that my fears were unfounded. One thing I will advise is that you make sure to request an Ocean Front room vs. an Ocean view room. The Ocean View rooms leave a bit to be desired. Unfortunatley for us we had booked through Hotelcorp.com which is a discounted outfit that sets you up with tours of their resorts in order to get the dicounted rate. They were the ones who misrepresented the room we would have at the Atlantic Palms Resort. However, once I spoke to the wonderful staff at the APR, I was amazed at the level of customer service I received. On top of that, the rooms were very clean, the pool area was beautiful, the beach access is wonderful! I explained to the staff that we were told we were going to have an ocean front room and that it was our anniversary. They made every effort to make certain that we were moved and even went so far to make us a Happy Anniversary sign! We loved our stay here. We will make this an annual event and book with the Atlantic Palms Resort each time!

• Liked — The staff was awesome!
  • Disliked — The parking
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Oceanfront Studio Efficiency: Rooms were clean but very small and cramped. If one had a child and intended for them to sleep on the pull-out loveseat, access to the balcony would have been cut off and a table would have to be moved. Frankly, I don't think I've ever stayed in any room this small before.

Parking is provided in three unmarked, open lots across the street. If you happen to have a subcompact car, you *might* be able to fit it in the underground garage which holds about 20 cars.

It really wasn't a bad hotel, but there are so many nicer hotels than this in the same price range. If you are a regular visitor to Myrtle Beach this one will likely leave you disappointed.

*Note* If you are a smoker you should note that smoking is not permitted on your balcony. The notice in the lobby states that anyone discovered smoking on the property will be billed $200.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family