“Older hotel needs upgrading”

3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
Ranked #137 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Older hotel needs upgrading”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My stay at the hotel wasn't as expected. The room was small and had to upgrade to a suite. I stayed for 10 days and this hotel. The blankets on the bed wasn't a blanket it was a sheet I had to ask for another blanket to keep warm. Pillows flat like like they have been used much. When I asked to get newer fluffy pillows the man at the desk said he couldn't get fluffier ones just more. These pillows were flat too. The restaurant in the hotel was open 2 days out the week. I couldn't even get room service or order from it because it wasn't open. Maid service was moderate they didn't clean the room for the first 2 days of my stay. I even told the front desk to make sure it was clean when I came back to the room nothing was done. I had to ask for clean towels at 10 at night. The front desk told me they didn't have a maid service to bring them to me at night time. I had to walk to get them. On top of having these problems during my stay I had to evacuate the building on morning at 9am because the fire alarm went off. There was a fire on the first floor due to a dryer overheating. I had to stay outside for 45 minutes until firefighters took the fire out. I won't be staying in this hotel again and will find myself a more functional undated hotel in my future stay in myrtle beach.

• Stayed April 2014
Nicole M, Director of Sales at 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. This property was completely upgraded 2 years ago from the lobby to all of the decor in rooms. Housekeeping does service rooms daily. Of course you would be evacuated during a fire for your safety. This was not a normal occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Room was decent but wasn't all that clean. I found a long blond hair on the bed when we arrived. Had to ask them to Change the sheets the second night.. Other than that, good value. No roaches or other pests in sight

• Stayed March 2014
Nicole M, Director of Sales at 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your review of the 3 Palms Oceanfront. We hope that you enjoyed your stay. If there were any issues with housekeeping, those would have been addressed if you contacted the front desk. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We rented a studio with a king size bed. It's a very clean, stylish little room with a mini kitchen and small bathroom. It's a decent price for a place to stay right on the beach. You literally walk out to the pool area, which has a normal sized pool, kiddie pool, lazy river, and hot tub, and you can walk right down to the beach. The only complaint is the noise volume at times. Some nights were quiet and others not so much. The staff would carry their walkie talkies and have them on full volume and they'd be responding - more like yelling - back with no consideration to their guests who were sleeping at 7 AM. It was like they were right on the side of our bed talking loudly to each other. It woke us up several times. Aside from that though, it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole M, Director of Sales at 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback on 3 Palms. We pride ourselves in large guest rooms appointed with all of the comforts of home. We hope that you will return and stay with us again soon!
Rockingham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I started at the palms when we came to Myrtle7-5 years ago and loved it. They were the only decent place that would rent to younger people (under 25) we recently thought we would go back after not going in so long. BAD IDEA. No where to park had to park two blocks away and carry our luggage. When we get to the door the security guard says "Oh do you need a cart?" There was long black hairs in the towels, 3 hairs under the covers along with a spider who crawled out from under the pillow once we started investigating the room a little more. The air conditioner wouldn't work unless it was on 60 degrees. My wife and I honestly are not picky people. It was bad enough that we left at 12 o'clock at night and found somewhere else to stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mgoodwin25
Thank you for your review of 3 Palms Oceanfront. We hope that you would have contacted the front desk or management with any issues and not just left in the middle of the night. We would have be happy to correct them. As far as carrying your luggage, we offer parking below the main lobby with overflow parking across the street. You are always able to pull right up to the front door to unload and use a luggage cart.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Let's start with the good, the location is very good, beach access right by the pools is great. The room was modern with granite counter tops and modern furniture. However, the rooms seem to have paper thin walls, even the cleaning staff I'm the mornings tell back and forth to each other as they clean, like they are here to socialize. The modern furniture is badly worn and not well kept. Every room door slams shut, the stove had rust and the bathtub and toilet show their age with nicks and dents. The refrigerator sounded like it was making laffy taffy and the bed was incredible hard. The ceiling tiles by the pool were in awful condition.

I try to see the good I'm everything, but I felt the need to "tell it like it is" from this experience. This was a price line express deal and it definitely wasn't worth the cheapness. I have never stayed in a hotel such as this through priceline.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your review of the 3 Palms. We hope you enjoyed the large guest rooms that are equipped with all the amenities for a fabulous vacation. We will be sure to address your feedback on the minor issues you experienced. We hope that you would return as a guest again soon.
Queens, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The location was good and the rooms were very nice and clean. The best part about the hotel was the beach access through the pool/spa area. The parking was only a minor inconvenience. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela D
Dahlonega, Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay here on a weekend trip just so we could get out of town for a while. When we got to the hotel there is limited space to unload and there is only a 15 minute load/unload time. This wasn't a huge issue for us though. We grabbed our stuff put it in our room and went and parked across the street at the overflow parking. The overflow parking is right across the street from the hotel and is not bad. Upon coming in the room, it was clean and nice. The rooms are small I guess but it was fine for my wife and myself. The bed was comfortable and we had fresh towels both days. My only complaint would be the apathetic folks at the front counter. They weren't rude just seemed to have a "I am here only because I am getting paid" attitude. The cleaning lady also entered our room at 9:00 in the morning our last day there. It was a good thing we were both dressed and not asleep. The paper int he room says that cleaning will be from 11-4 so I have no idea why the cleaning lady ever thought it was a good idea to enter our room without even knocking. All in all I would return to the hotel. It was probably the best experience we had at myrtle beach. The strip is loud, there were a ton of bikers, too many people, and the whole town seems run down and trashy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple