“Loved Atlantic Palms! Would visit again!”

3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
Ranked #128 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Newark, DE
“Loved Atlantic Palms! Would visit again!”
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I found out about Atlantic Palms when my boyfriend and I came down to stay at the hotel next door, Hotel Blue. We absolutely hated Hotel Blue and immediately decided to find another place to stay. We decided to check out Atlantic Palms and the staff was extremely helpful in getting us a room to stay in for the rest of the week. They told us they were always getting guests who hated Hotel Blue and ended up needing another place to stay. The staff at Atlantic Palms allowed us to look at our hotel room before we checked in, and it was beautiful! The kitchen, the bedroom and the bathroom were all really clean. The bed was pretty comfortable. The room was pretty warm when we first got there, but it cooled off in no time when we turned the AC on. We ended up with an oceanfront room that gave us a great view of the beach and the pool. I was able to enjoy every minute of my vacation once I booked a room here...and it was cheaper than the room we had at Hotel Blue! The only minor setbacks were the fact that parking was limited in the garage. We had to park across the street (directly across from Hotel Blue, which is right next door), so it really wasn't bad at all. There were also two times where we had to ask the maids for towels because they forgot them when they cleaned our room, but they were always there to help us right away. The entire staff was friendly and very helpful. There was one night where we had a problem with the lock on our door. When we closed the door behind us, we were able to open it without the key! That's a pretty big problem! But, as soon as I contacted the front desk, they had someone up to our room in less than 5 minutes to fix the lock. The guy fixed our lock in a matter of seconds and we were okay for the rest of our stay. I would definitely stay here again when I visit Myrtle Beach in the future!

• Liked — The view of the beach
  • Disliked — Elevators too slow
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New Jersey
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I attended a family reunion and the hotel decided upon by my cousin was Atlantic Palms. I did read some of the reviews before booking but felt obligated to stay there since family would be doing so. I hoped the reviews I read were wrong but no, they weren't. Unloading is a challenge since there is a very small drive-up area in front of the hotel. Also there is a very very small garage under the hotel. Did I mention it is very very small??? There are enough parking spots across a busy street but you may have difficulty crossing safely. The rooms are not as described--much smaller.You have to hunt for workers to clean your room. A cleaned room does not mean you will have fresh towels. That is an additional challenge. You have to store up towels when you see a cart with them or go down to the laundry room when they are freshly done. Rooms are cleaned all the way up to 10PM--I am not exaggeratong. Don't forget to check and make sure you have sufficient linen because if you call the front desk too late, they will send it up the next day. The pool is a large tub so not for true swimmers. The staff was friendly but they seemed to be doing their tasks for the first or second time--not trained but maybe friends helping out. The best part of the hotel is the ocean view from the balcony. Next to this, the other best part is leaving the hotel on your last day. I would not stay there ever again. I hope you pay attention to all I wrote. Unfortunately it is all true.

Stayed July 2008

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2008

After being allowed to check in 1/2 hour late, our room for four had a king size bed and a single pull out couch. We had a very nice kitchenette however only three drink glasses and no hot pads, dish cloths or towels. Our whole trip there were signs up telling us they were sorry for a towel shortage. After taking four towels out in the morning, only 2 towels were left, no washcloths or hand towels. However the signs said we had to turn in towels to get towels!?! I'm not sure how this was to work. Could they not buy more towels or have more machines to wash the towels?

The convenience to the beach was awesome, and the pools and lazy river were ok.

The hotel was always clean and the staff was polite.

• Liked — location to the beach
  • Disliked — not enough towels and parking across the street
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
oxford
Reviewed July 8, 2008

No parking, had to park across street one block down, which wasn't terrible...but a hassle.
The staff was horrible, not friendly at all. One girl took break about 15 times a day..she would be outside on her cell phone each time we saw her which is probably why the phone rang about 50 times before someone picked up when you called the front desk. There were no clean towels, they said they had a shortage and had to take our old ones but would bring us new ones. One day I asked for clean towels 3 or 4 times. Elevator was slow, rooms were small. After we waited for the slow elevator & we FINALLY got to our room our keys wouldn't work. we would have to go back to the front desk to get them to fix our keys. BIGGEST thing during our stay had to be the fire alarms going off. Everyone ran out of their rooms, down the fire exits & got outside to the front of the hotel, where we weren't told anything. After about 20 minutes, everyone started going back in. Still don't know what happened there, but their staff was so lazy they wouldn't get out from behind the desk long enough to tell us what was going on. best thing about it was the pool, that's it!!! Don't stay here.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Our room smelled of cat urine and the ceiling leaked from the tub above completely soaking our carpet. When I talked with the owner/manager about this, his reply was, "If you don't like the room, check out." No apology. No, "We'll fix it or find you another room..." I was amazed!! Forutnately, Expedia got me a full refund and booked me at another hotel down the road. The hotel, in general, is in decay. The three star rating is 2 stars too many. While checking out, I heard the head of house keeping asked for more "Do Not Disturb" signs to be ordered (several rooms on my floor had hand printed signs.) The reply from the manager was no! Amazing, again.... Just avoid avoid avoid!!!

• Liked — Ocean view
  • Disliked — Room, management, overall attitude of EE's... Booking through Expedia = 3rd class guest
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2005

We spent 4 nights in this horrible excuse for a hotel! We booked our stay over the internet and therefore had prepaid our entire stay... Otherwise we would never had stayed for even one night. When checking in, a roach crawled across the counter. Then the parking area below the hotel was piled with trash and old furniture. We then step on the death trap of an elevator. It was rickity and slow, and the ceiling was torn up. Later in the trip the thing got stuck with people on it. The hallway stinks and the paint on the doors is chipped and missing in places. The lighting in the hallway was bad. Some fixtures did not even have covers on them. Then we get into our room and it was the worst. It stunk. The wallpaper was falling down in one corner. The shower curtin had mold and mildew all over the bottom of it. The beds were horrible. The maid did not change our sheets 1 time while we were there! And forget getting extra towels. We like to shower before the beach and before going out. You would think we were asking for their firstborn!
This was the most horrible experience of our lives. Never, never, never stay here!

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 19, 2005

We booked this hotel for several families traveling for a softball tournament. The rooms were smelly & dirty. They did not clean the room while we were there, even after we complained at the front desk. We had requested a wake-up call, and did not get it. Parking was terrible. Do NOT stay here !!

• Stayed July 2005