“Reasonable rates on the beach”

3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
Ranked #137 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Swanton, Ohio
“Reasonable rates on the beach”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place had the basics covered. Needs a few maintenance issues fixed. In particular the key swiper to enter the building from the pool area needs to be fixed. We also had a shower bar that was loose. Pools were nice and there was easy access to the ocean. Walking distance to the amusement park and water park. People there were friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole M, Director of Sales at 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thanks for the great review of 3 Palms, we take pride in providing guests an affordable and comfortable stay on the oceanfront in Myrtle Beach. Please come stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The 3 Palms overall was a pretty decent hotel, it is a very small hotel I would not suggest a family stay at this hotel though they do not have any type of attractions for children. If you are looking for a little quiet get away by yourself or with a significant other then this is a good place to stay. If you are someone who does not like a dark room this hotel is not for you, in the room that I stayed in there minimal lighting which was fine with me. The housekeeping at the hotel was horrible, on the days that I wanted housekeeping to come back because I was still in the room they never came back, I had to ask for towels, and when I ask for my sheets to be changed housekeeping just brought the sheets to my door and I had to change the sheets. Other than the house keeping my stay was great loved my room it was like a little one bedroom apt with full kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. All of the kitchen appliances were stainless steel, bathroom had a modern bowl sing, flat screen TVA in both the living room and bedroom, all furniture was modern. The pool are in this hotel needs to be upgraded I did not get in the pool at all while I stayed there.

1 Thank Classyphee
Upper Marlboro, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have to admit some of these postings had me a little nervous of staying at 3 Palms. I contemplated on cancelling my reservations several times. I'm so glad we did not cancel the reservation. The hotel and people working at the hotel were not bad as others have posted. Well, not the people we interacted with for 4 days.

We had an oceanfront room with kitchen. The king size bed was comfortable, but a foot stool would help someone short like me to get in the bed. The front desk folks were very friendly at check in and check out. No matter if we had a question they always greeted us with a smile. We did not use the pool, but our room overlooked the pools. The pools looked clean and always had a bunch of people in it. Housekeepers did an ok job of cleaning.

We walked the Grand Strand every night because of so much traffic. It was just easier to walk. This hotel is exactly 1.4 miles from the Skywheel. The walk was great, especially during the nights.

Overall, happy with hotel. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Monica H
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel...The rooms have an unpleasant odor.. on one of the days we stayed, we had to wait for wash cloths to be washed to get more in which housekeeping never brought back...parking isnt great, we had to park across the street where our car got infested with ants!!! To make a long story short, you get what you pay for..

4 Thank MsDev517

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Chester, South Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We got to MB, for a quick 2 day, spontaneous trip at about 10AM.... WAY before check in. But the hotel, said we could use the pool since we were technically checked in, just waiting on our room to be ready. Check in was at 4, but they said they would call us when the room was ready. There were 6 in or party, 4 adults and 2 children under 3. My father who was with us is handicapped/disabled. After 2 we went to the desk to check and see if our room was ready, since we kept seeing housekeeping leaving for the day.. Our room was ready finally at 3:30. But when we got in it, there was sand and trash all over the floor. INCLUDING a prescription pill which my 3 year old found. My mom got it from him just before he put it in his mouth.
The bed in my mom and dads room got wet, so my mom took the sheets and mattress pad off, to request new ones, and there was paper and trash underneath the mattress pad.. how long had it been there? when was it changed? if the sheets look clean, do they even change them?? I mean, apparently the floor had not been swept, so maybe other things had been left undone as well. We had asked if the rooms were handicap accessible, and were told they were, but a glass top table, and a 2 1/2 foot tall soaker tub as well as very high beds DO NOT make a handicap accessible room!!! or even kid friendly to bathe my children I had to get into the tub with them. I enjoyed the soaker tub.. but it isn't practical for kids or disable people. The chairs in the room were "art deco, or modern or contemporary" or something, nice to look at, but NOT comfortable or functional! My son, fell through the hole in the back of one chair, where the back meets the seat. He wasn't playing around, or anything, they just weren't safe!! The room would have been fine for a couple on their honey moon, or very active people that only are in the hotel long enough to sleep and shower. Everything was nice to look at but not comfortable or functional. There were no "extras" in the room, no paper towels, and the like... We wont' be staying there again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mags1085
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was a little nervous about staying here after reading some of the reviews. Upon arrival, the lady at the concierge desk was very polite and greeted us in a friendly and helpful manner. Check in was a breeze and we went up to our room on the 3rd floor. I will admit there was a foul smell around the hallways of the hotel, but nothing you couldn't expect from any hotel along the strip. Our room was very clean and housekeeping always made an effort everyday to see if we needed anything. Is this a five star hotel??? No! But if you wanting to stay at a Ritz Carlton be prepared to spend a lot more!! This hotel was definitely worth the price and we would stay here again. Yes but parking situation is bad, but is walking across the street really going to kill you??? 3 palms is awesome!

Forney, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Pros: Pizza at the little lobby bar is pretty good, location is excellent
Cons: Side-view rooms are VERY small - no walking room
Underground parking is practically nonexistent
Parking across the street under the trees - our car got infested with ants
Not sure what the $10 per day resort fee is all about - nothing resorty about the place
A couple of rooms near our room on the 5th floor had toilets overflow
Skeleton of a hotel under construction on the left side - property looks abandoned
There are 2 small pools underneath the building, tiny lazy river and a hot tub

Room Tip: Pool hop next door to Hotel Blue with the swim-up bar and the DJ music.