“Disappointing to say the least...ugh!”

3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
Ranked #127 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charleston, West Virginia
“Disappointing to say the least...ugh!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

After a thorough review online, we were pleased to find this hotel --- until we got there. The pictures online were NOTHING like the room we got - I'd LOVE to know where those rooms are! I paid for a double suite (which we NEEDED) and requested a good sofa bed, but inexplicably got a king suite with a terrible, broken-down sofa bed, which was never explained, even though I asked why at check-in. They replaced the sofa-bed after I called about it, but the new one was not much better - stains on the couch cushions and mattress provided --- yuck. Also, it appeared that housekeeping Never swept the floor or changed any sheets for our 3-night stay and kept shorting us on toilet paper and bathtowels, resulting in our constant calls for enough towels just to have one bathtowel and washcloth per person each day. The "restaurant" downstairs appeared to be open, but no one would take our order. LONG check-in and check-out lines and we got ants in our car from the off-site parking. Loading area is a ridiculous cluster area and almost impossible to navigate. Only one room key ever worked. Only Pros --- Kitchen was nice, Beach was right outside the back of the hotel, and the consierge was friendly and helpful. However, we wish we'd stayed somewhere else and next time we are in Myrtle Beach, we definitely WILL.

Room Tip: If a sofa-bed is needed, be sure to ask for a "good one". Apparently, this is a guest res...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FlashandWW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was excited to get such a good rate for 2 weekend nights at an oceanfront hotel for my friend's bachelorrette party weekend. Once I got there I could definitely see why the rate was so good. Off site parking was frustrating, especially at night when we all arrived. They let you pull up front to unload but there were so many cars arriving at the same time it ended up just being one big cluster of cars (a complete mess!). The elevators were TERRIBLE! You press one floor and it would stop at every floor between you and that floor even if no one was at the floor it would stop on. This happened EVERY time. The room was much smaller than imagined- the king size bed took up the entire room and there was barely enough room for the pull out sofa (twin size) to pull out. I will say the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. 2 out of the 3 staff members I dealt with were nice, one was fairly short with us. The lazy river isn't really a "river", you have to propel yourself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cat I
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 31, 2012

It began with the unfriendly and ever so long service we encountered at check-in by Sean Mone. He was unfriendly, unhelpful and so slow. It took almost 20 minutes to check us in, and in the end, all he did was hand us our keys and the sheet of paper, which I later realized was our receipt. I was quite taken back by the fact that I was charged upfront for my room. I guess that is an assumption on the hotel’s part that we will not enjoy our stay and not want to stay longer. I have never checked into a hotel and had to pay upfront! I was floored by this. The only positive side to your hotel is Becky at the Concierge desk!

Throughout our stay, we encountered an abundance of rude maids. They appeared to hate their jobs so much. Definitely not a friendly encounter when your customers are trying to enjoy a pleasant vacation. On the Wednesday of my trip, as I opened the door, the maid was in the hall and said, “What do you need?” I said, “New towels please and our room cleaned. We have sand on the floor that needs to be vacuumed.” As I returned to my room, I noticed that my towels were on the kitchen counter draping onto the stove! Not in the bathroom, and the room was how we left it! No cleaning had been done!!!

In addition, we ran out of toilet paper because the maids did not clean and replenish our amenities! Our toilet leaked the entire time which caused water to always be all over in the bathroom so we had to use towels to soak it up. I let the front desk know immediately when we saw this happening and it was never fixed.

In addition, our fridge did not close properly and we had to prop it to stay closed. I also let the front desk know about this and it was never fixed.

I attempted to speak with the manager on the day of check-out, but was told that he was busy and unable to be disturbed. Wow!

I will never return! Run - don't walk to another hotel!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank A T

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Indiana
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My week vacation that I paid over $2000 for at this hotel was great, until day 6 when I got a knock on my door from the rent-a-cop downstairs, at 12:30 in the morning while I was sleeping, telling me that there was marijuana smoke/smell coming from underneath my door. He claimed that we covered the smell up with axe after he entered our room. I have never smoked marijuana in my life and was appalled by this accusation. They also had already charged my credit card immediately without inspecting this first. I will never stay here again. The desk staff is rude and the manager never followed up with us. I wish I had more room to write more bad things.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alyssia C
Alexandria, VA 22304
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Other than the small room (604) with 2 beds and a sofa bed, we really got a good rate and should not complain. Room had a "side view" of the ocean, but all we used the small balcony for was to dry out our swim suits and towels. No big deal. Room was equipped with a refrigerator, stove, sink, microwave, with cooking utensils, dishes, glasses, and plates. Only problem, whenever we used the toaster or fried meat the fire alarm went off. Hotel has small indoor parking garage, and we managed to find a spot every day. Otherwise, there is a large space across the street. Pool area, indoor and outdoor was adequate. Short walk to beach with lifeguards. On weekends the huge hotel next door had a DJ playing very loud music all weekend that carried over to the beach. There are grocery stores and an ice cream shop short walking distance from hotel. Restaurants are mostly located some distance away from hotel. All things considered, we enjoyed the hotel and our stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FSO66
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were on 7 the floor. Room
Was clean,AC was great. The only set back was the view. We were promise oceanview instead we had the view under construction of some Condo gone soar
We were told that construction had stopped 2 years ago due to money
So do not accept rooms on the left side
We were in room 707..

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Muneca1951
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I just returned home from staying at 3 Palms on Saturday. I was very impressed! The beds were soo comfortable!! The room was very nice and clean. We had a side-double. I didn't expect to have a view of the ocean but to my suprise we actually did have a side view of the ocean. The kitchen was prefect. Someone in another review commented that the cook wear was unuseable, however ours was fine. There was also something said about trash being in the hall or elevator (idk) I never saw any trash anywhere. The pool are was nice and clean, and the front desk will provide you with towels to take to the pool upon request. The pools are a little small but, with a 6 year old it was perfect because I could keep my eyes on him very easily. The parking is across the street however, if you check you might possibly find a space under the hotel. It is limited but, I stayed 3 nights and only had to park across the street one time for a few hours. All the staff that I we encountered was very nice, professional, and helpful. I am a pretty picky person when it comes to hotel's and I only have one minor complaint. When we first arrived, the hall to our room smelled a little wet, musty. But, I know this is from people coming in wet walking up and down the hall, and the actually seemed to get better. There was a housekeeper spraying the carpet one evening as we came in. All in all this was a great place to stay at a great price! And we will be returning to the 3 Palms in the future!

Thanks 3 Palms for a great vacation experience!!

Room Tip: Room 616 side double, great ocean view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family