“I was not happy at all with my stay!!!!!We will never come back here EVER!!!!”

3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
Ranked #134 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Home
“I was not happy at all with my stay!!!!!We will never come back here EVER!!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We get to the hotel and get checked into our room that was previously booked and my first reaction to the room was wow this is beautiful but very very small. I was like I can deal with these arangements until I went to the balcony and our view was another hotel that was under construction!!!!! My husband then called front desk and they were not helpful at all!!!!! At this point I was very angry....I was suppose to get a oceanfront view but they said I paid for a no view room. I was like you got to be kidding me. The only way they were going to help me was to charge me more money for a upgrade. So therefore I didn't get what I wanted when I made the reservation!!!! Who in their right mind would ask for a room with no view at the beach? The pools were small but was kinda nice because they were not crowded because no one wants to stay at this place!!!! People are rude, the restaurant or bar was never open and the front desk told us the reason was because no came when they were open. All I know is we will NEVER stay here again nor will we refer anyone to this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank DarrHome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
kodak
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I was very upset with this hotel. I am in a wheelchair and the room was so little could not move around in it. No COFFEE in the room (this was a first time ever). My family were suppose to be side by side and was not. The room was not the cleanest that I would have wanted it to be. The elevators and hallways were nasty. Parking was crazy. For the price I paid, I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank connie44

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Overall, it was a very nice room with a cool-looking bathroom. The front desk people give different answers to questions - such as where to park. 'Bar area' is like a cafeteria (but they have DOUGHNUTS!), parking across the street..... and usually 1-2 blocks away. Tiny pools & lazy river and all close at 11 PM. Could see the beach when leaning out of the balcony. :)

Check-in parking area is tiny-so have to rush to get your luggage inside and move your car.

Room Tip: Try to get ocean view, but the hotel is horizontal to beach, so very few rooms are beach front.
2 Thank Stacy P
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2011

If you're traveling to Myrtle Beach and are looking for a quiet place to stay...keep on looking! This place is prime for partiers and located right on the strip. Hotel photos are deceiving...the furniture and bedding are cheap and old. Pillows and linens had fuzz balls on them. Hotel quality should be ranked closer to a 2 star instead of a 3. This place makes Holiday Inn Express look like a 5 star hotel. They advertise free wi-fi but the service is horrible. Don't waste your time!!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We drove for 10 hours to get to Myrtle Beach and We were so happy to see the beach. I knew THAT check-in time was not till 4pm, but all WE wanted to do is see if we could store our bags find out about parking and see if there was any local breakfast that they would want to talk about. Upon arrival we notice a lady standing outside smoking and she seem upset that we pulled up, but we paid her no attention and walked in. The lady rolled her eyes, and blow out air as if she was pissed off. This lady turns out to be the front desk worker. WOW.... She was one of the rudest, hateful, un helpfull, just flat out worthless type of person I have every seen working in a customer service job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ask to speak to the front desk manger and it to an act of congress to get him to talk to us, and all he could say was that he never ever had this issue with her before... what a standard comment to make........ he even said he will review the tape and see for his-self and GET BACK WITH ME! I told him to go right ahead because you will be in for a shock. The manger never got back with me and and we were there from wed- sunday The whole time we were talking he never seem interested in anything we had to tell him. If I was not so far away from my home town I would have LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not want any money back or anything free I just want to inform the manger about his hotel staff!!! We had to keep coming to the front desk for towels and other items and the put us right next to the housekeeping storage!! WILL NEVER RETURN EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenniferj990
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I little nervous after reading reviews,however, I really enjoyed my stay! Front desk was helpful, cleaning service was on point, the room was small but my husband and I barely stayed in the room. I PERSONALLY WOULD STAY AGAIN.

1 Thank MrsCKnight
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The overall quality of this hotel was terrible. Here are my general comments:
1). The pictures of the hotel on the Internet were very deceiving. We were looking for a suite to accommodate five people and at best it slept four with a twin sleeper sofa that was terrible to sleep in; it was old, filthy and the mattress was flimsy as paper so you were essentially sleeping on the spring.
2.). The hotel general manager did try to accommodate us the following morning by upgrading us to the presidential suite. That was great customer service.
3). The new room had a horrible odor.
4). Both rooms were filthy.
5), Housekeeping did a horrible job of cleaning the rooms. They did not clean the kitchen sink, make the beds on all the days, did not vacuum the floors or sweep the bathroom floors.
6). The lock on the door to the adjoining room did not work so the people in the other room (not with our party) could come into our suite. Staff responded by coming up and placed a board over the door and screwed it in so they could not get in. Very tacky.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family