“YOU DON'T HAVE TO HUNT DOWN GOOD FOOD IN THE FOREST”

Tavern in the Forest
Ranked #391 of 905 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 16, 2013

On the way back from a medical appointment, the Bride and I decided to have dinner at Tavern in the Forest, which is at the end of Carolina Forest Boulevard. It was an easy decision, as we had to go past this location on our way home. It has been a long time since we had dinner there, and we will be going back often now. There are both a regular dinning area as well as a semi-outside dinning area that has plastic windows that can be rolled up in nice weather, and down when it rains. The Bride decided that she was in the mood for pizza, and ordered a small pizza with fresh garlic. I decided on the country fried steak, which was served with smashed potatoes and a small salad. I also ordered a couple of garlic knots (50 cents each). We both had soft drinks. The Bride was happy to see that they had peanut butter pie for dessert, and we shared one. Everything was served piping hot and was delicious. The Bride was very pleased with her pizza, as I was with my meal. The prices were reasonable and the portions large. We will not wait so long to return and enjoy ourselves.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a large tavern in the Carolina Forest part of Myrtle Beach, with both indoor and outdoor seating. There are lots of TV's for Sports viewing. There are lots of tables for dining as well as plenty of bar seats. The place can get noisy during popular sporting events but the crowd is generally very nice and friendly. The food is surprisingly good for a tavern. They make very good prime rib, sirloins and excellent Italian food. There are several good pasta dishes and they have great pizza, including "by the slice" options. The sandwiches and soups are very good as well. Scott, the main bartender is very personable and provides excellent service. If you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere and bar conversation, along with good food, I recommend this place.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've been here a few times and every time it has been a good experience. The food is amazing (try the bruschetta as an appetizer). The atmosphere is great and comfortable with TVs to watch games. The drinks here are good. Good service. The dessert is amazing and they actually bring out the dessert for you to pick from. Trivia night is fun also.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Originally from New York, we had an awful time trying to find decent pizza until we stumbled upon this place. Friendly, courteous staff and NY style pizza made Tavern in the Forest a regular on our dining out list. Friendly for kids too!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Typical sports bar with no compliants, service was good. The menu was more expansive than the usual pub fare and reasonably priced. I had the country fried steak and was not disappointed. If I was a local I would hang out there.

1  Thank Greg C