“"Nice Surprise"”
Review of Capriz Italian Feast - CLOSED

Capriz Italian Feast
Cuisines: Brazilian, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Capriz features a casual family style Italian feast of unlimited offerings of pasta served tableside. Your meal also includes endless visits to our gourmet salad bar of over 20 items including pasta salads, imported cheese, cured meats & Italian side dishes.Enjoy our full-service bar & extensive wine collection plus Italian inspired desserts and gelato.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Have visited Myrtle Beach on several occasions for business and pleasure. I have eaten at many restaurants in the area, some good, some bad. I was near Broadway at The Beach earlier this week and decided to try Capriz. I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is large and nicely decorated. Was greeted by a friendly staff and seated promptly. I ordered a drink and the waitress asked me if I have ever dined here before. I hadn't and she began to explain what the menu was all about. I had no idea that the menu consisted of an all you can eat concept. Apparently, it is simular to the Brazilian Steakhouse, Rioz but focuses on Italian style food instead. If you are hungry this is the place to go. It is all you can eat and everything that I tried was very good. I especially enjoyed the pea and mint risotto, spinach gnocchi and the balsamic roasted garlic steak. They were excellent. From what I was told, they have a new Head Chef and the menu has been updated. I will definitely return here for another meal when I'm back in the area again.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Capriz Italian Feast, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you so much for dining with us at Capriz Italian Feast. We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I really enjoy the wide variety of Italian dishes, especially the ones that stepped away from the traditional red gravy we often associate with Italian food. The carbonara was sublime and the pizza was yumalicious. I like the idea of the "traveling buffett", knowing the food is fresh from the kitchen instead of sitting under heat lamps. Kudos for originality.

Thank you for visiting Capriz Italian Feast. We are so glad that you enjoyed our selection of Italian eats. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I went to capriz the other day with family on their 2 for $25 deal. Our server was excellent and very attentive. The atmosphere was very welcoming. The food was delicious. I loved having the food passed around. There's so much! Everything looked so good I had to try it all!! The have a cold bar with a variety of nice hearty salads that make your mouth water. Needless to say I will be returning there!

Thank you so much for dining with us at Capriz Italian Feast. We are so glad you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

1st time, last time. Restaurant was almost at capacity, but we were seated quickly. Also, drink refills were prompt. Those were the only bright spots of the experience. If I had known the concept of the store before going in, I never would have entered. Basically, they want you to gorge yourself at the salad bar so you fill up before they come to your table with the "entrees." Half of the salad bar options were empty pans anyway. Of the 20-something menu items the restaurant claims to offer, only 5 were being passed. We were never offered any kind of meat, be it steak, fish, or chicken, rather, a series of pastas. I was offered mac & cheese on 7 different occasions (there's only so much m&c you can eat). And the portion sizes they gave you were child-sized, ridiculously small. We asked 4 different servers if we could get some pizza, since it was obvious we weren't getting any meat. They all assured us it's on its way. 45 minutes later, it finally arrived. So, in essence, we paid $20 per person for salad and pasta. I can get lettuce and Kraft Mac & Cheese at Walmart for a quarter of the price. Don't waste your money here. If you're at Broadway and want italian, go across the boardwalk to Amici's. The prices are similar, but the entrees are out of this world! By far, Amici's was the best dining experience I've had in MB, and our server was fantastic.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Upon arriving we were told there was a 25 minute wait, but more than 50% of the tables were unoccupied. After waiting 30 minutes we were seated and began our dinner. If they served 20 different menu items only 5 were offered to us. We were served iced tea with no ice....asked for ice 2 times only to receive 1/2 of a glass for a party of 6. The service was poor and food was terrible. $160.00 not well spent. Never again even if it was free...my suggestion would be to try Olive Garden.