“Pretty good”
Review of Capriz Italian Feast - CLOSED

Capriz Italian Feast
Cuisines: Brazilian, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Capriz features a casual family style Italian feast of unlimited offerings of pasta served tableside. Your meal also includes endless visits to our gourmet salad bar of over 20 items including pasta salads, imported cheese, cured meats & Italian side dishes.Enjoy our full-service bar & extensive wine collection plus Italian inspired desserts and gelato.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Pretty good”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This restaurant has a very unique setup. First, you can go to the salad bar as your appetizer. This has many choices. Second, the feast begins. This consists of around 7-8 workers strolling around offering their food to you. You are given a card and if you turn the card over to green, they will offer. If you turn it to red, they will not come. The food was unique but good. I cannot say that I enjoyed all of the selections but I would recommend the restaurant for the experience. It is moderately priced.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rob T
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Capriz Italian Feast, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and appreciate your feedback. We home you can join us again soon!

PA
“Really great place for large families, food was good”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I ate here early on a Saturday, around 5:00. There was not a wait, so we were seated right away. The premise of the restaurant is that of a Brazilian steakhouse where the meat and hot food is brought to your table, and there is a salad bar for cold foods (although there were some side items on the salad bar, such as red roasted potatoes).

The salad bar was great, plentiful options with something for everyone. I wish there had been something more to put on the fresh mozzarella and tomatoes-there was olive oil and balsamic vinegar, some basil would have been good. The red roasted potatoes were delicious, I went back for seconds on those.

The meat brought tableside was overall, pretty good. My husband loved the steak and the pork chop (one he had was moister than the other); I was disappointed that the chicken was just a leg and not a nice, moist chicken breast. The leg was dry and crunchy, not very good. However, all was corrected with the macaroni and cheese-that was the best mac & cheese I've ever had. It was creamy and hot, perfect.

The service at the restaurant was very good, they were always filling up water glasses and bringing over hot food once we let them know we were ready.

This restaurant is great for large groups, there were several with 10+ people dining while we were there. It's also nice for little kids b/c there isn't a wait for your food since you don't actually order anything.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank luf2travel
Thank you so much! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and dining experience with us. We hope you can make it back to Myrtle Beach again soon and see us at Capriz!
“Extremely hesitant BUT pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Well I was very hesitant to eat here at first as I really wanted nothing to do with a buffet unless it was Rioz but my sweetheart does not like a lot of meat. I truly believe if it wasn't for the waitress that greeted us at the front of the restaurant and encouraged us to take a look at the buffet we would have gone elsewhere. I guess I was thrilled to know I could enjoy many of the items that I really enjoy. Itailan meats and cheeses. Olives! Many salads and sausge and peppers. The shrimp were fantastic and I made two and a half visits to the buffet but then the pasta dishes and meats came like wow. There were five different pasta dishes that just rocked. Amazingly the mac and cheese was fantastic as well as the chicken pasta dish. And the meats to me just were fantastic also but then the Manger, I believe Larry made a comment that the best had yet to come. The service here was splendid. Our meal was just sent over the top when we ordered desserts. Yes not 1, not 2 but 3. I'm a chocolate lover and the chocolate mousse cake was heavenly. We shared a tiramisu which was deliscious. Both these desserts were made on location. We also had the lemon cake. Larry added a couple of canoli. I honestly felt like we were at my aunts 25 wedding celebration and feast. We canter wait to go again. What a surprise! Don't confuse it with a fine eloquent 5 star restaurant but as an Italian feast it gets 5 stars. Something else that made it special was the service and the managers actually interacting with us throughout the experience. Ate out a lot on our vacation and this was the only eatery where management actually inyeracted with.its patrons. Thanks for great feast.

2 Thank tazmtnbiker
Thank you so much! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope you can make it back to Capriz again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Different but good”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Wife and I ate here as part of a wedding rehearsal dinner. They have a unique style in how you are served, which takes getting used to a bit. All the food was excellent and you are offered a wider range of choices than most would expect.

Visited August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Capriz gives me ZZZs!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had high hopes for this restaurant. I had heard great things from a coworker. When I walked in I thought the decor was nice, however on a Friday night the restaurant was loud. On one side of our table we had a group of moms with kids who were allowed to be loud and jump around near our table, and on another side we had a group of about 10 college girls all out for a good time. Both situations are understandable but being seated near both made for a loud evening. I was greatly impressed by the salad bar which was by far the best feature of the restaurant. You could make a meal in itself just from what it had to offer. The disappointment came with the food served table side. I have to admit I am not much of a meat eater and my fiance did enjoy the meat. I do like chicken but found their baked chicken to be bland as well as the macaroni and cheese. Honestly Kraft or Velveeta is better than theirs. The spaghetti and meatballs were also bland and the meatballs definitely did not taste homemade. The bowtie pasta with mushrooms and cream sauce was average. The best pasta there was the crab and mushroom stuffed ravioli. It was excellent although very heavy. All in all if I want great steak I'm going to go to a steakhouse and if I want great Italian I'm going to an Italian restaurant. This restaurant which seems to specialize in both just can't get either right.

• Visited September 2012
LittleDogAgency, General Manager at Capriz Italian Feast, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Please accept my sincerest apologies for your recent Capriz experience. One of our main goals at Capriz is to make the best pasta in the world from scratch and serve it one small saute pan at a time. "Bland" and "average" is far from our intentions of exceeding every guest's expectations. We failed you during your visit and for that I am sorry. If you are willing to give us another chance, please email me at lbond@tbonz.com or give me a call at 843-712-1707. I would love the opportunity to reserve a private dining area for you and your guest so we can provide a dining experience that is unparalleled to anything you have ever had.

Larry Bond, Capriz/OP