“Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms”

Beach House Golf & Racquet Club
Ranked #88 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We've stayed several times at the Beach House. They have one, two and three bedroom units. The Beach House also has a three "Penthouse" that is available for rent or exchange with RCI from time to time.

We've stayed in the one and two bedroom units and the Penthouse. The one bedroom units as a bit small but are OK for a couple. We've found the staff to be very helpful if one treats them with respect.

We like the location as a residential areas is directly to the south, so even in the peak summer, adequate beach area can be found in a short waking distance.

We've stayed at six other places in Myrtle Beach and this is our favorite - especially the larger units.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank AmishinNC
There are newer reviews for Beach House Golf & Racquet Club

Reviewed September 30, 2009

My wife and I have rented time shares on our vacations many times in fact we have had such great experiences that we bought one ourselves on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. We decided to rent this one because we had never been to Myrtle Beach. What a mistake. This palce was thw worst. It is old and in dire need of an upgrade. The place was very small and not well kept up. I knew we were in trouble when we checked in and there was a note on the elevator wall asking people who were staying there not to pile there garbage up in the outside hallways anymore because it was a health hazard. Great does that mean they were allowing that at some point.? Every other time share we have stayed in in the past had a washer and dryer in the apt. Not this place. It had a laundry room on the second floor. Make sure you bring plenty of quarters It cost a 1.00 To wash and a 1.00 to dry. This place is also the worst designed palce I have ever seen. You open the front door and you step right into the second bedroom. Very weird. It was like they added the bedroom after the fact. Also there wwas no closet in that bedroom. The master bedroom was large and roomy but no bathroom other then a toilet and a sink in the master bedroom. The main bathroom with the shower and the tube was off the kitchen so you had to walk through the living room to take a shower. The amin bathroom also had mold on the tile along the bottom of the walls and tub. The tub in general was one of those that filled up while you were showering. The kitchen appliances were used at one time by Fred Flinstone. The coffeemaker and toaster were the oldest I have ever seen. lastly I dont know where they got the name for this place since there is no golf course anywhere in the vicinity or a racquet club either. All and all the worst experience we have ever had. Avoid this dump at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sfgiant1227
Reviewed May 13, 2009

The Beach House Golf and Racquet Club was a super place to spend a vacation. The room was very clean and the staff extremely helpful. Excellect location right on the ocean! I am glad I bought a timeshare here.....I can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Firehawk5836
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Small,comfortable and clean.I'm a timeshare owner,so I didn't get any calls about attending any meetings.There was a list in the pprs we were given at check-in of other timeshares there for sale,as well as one put in our door that week (along with a freebie sample of tea),but I thought that was very subtle and did not have a problem with it.
As for turning in the towels,the times were listed on the pprs handed to me at check -in.I exchanged them at the proper times,and did not expect anyone to go out of their way for me.The times are also listed in the booklet that was on top of the tv,so it pays to read thru what you are given and what is there.I'm sure that much was reasonably expected of me.
As for lighting,the bulbs in the lamps were 3-way,and did switch to a higher power if you turn them up a notch or two.Lighting in the bath was bright;some ppl like that but I purposely unscrewed 2 of the bulbs while I was there.
All in all,Beach House is a decent place to stay;it is not a plush type of place,just a reasonable and clean,decent place right on the beach.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sc122
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We felt at home here immediately and the view of the ocean from our apartment was outstanding. Originally built in the late '60's as a hotel, our one bedroom apartment was not spacious in square footage, but the charming, bright and cheery decor more than compensated! On our second day the head of maintenance called to ask if anything was amiss. Within ten minutes a burnt out bulb above the bathroom sink was graciously replaced! Within four blocks are two outstanding opportunities to dine, a casual hamburger place at 7200 North Ocean Drive and Martin's superb continental cuisine in an Old World setting across the street from the hamburger place. We liked Martin's so much the first time we tried it, that we went there the next two nights! The Beach House is a perfect place to unwind with beach chairs in a grassy area between the beach and the apartment building. At low tide scores of sea birds gathered at the inlet next to The Beach House to dine--beautiful. The Beach House is located right next to a neighborhood of elegant homes so it's in a lovely quiet area of the northern part of Myrtle Beach, away from the honky tonk amusement park area. For the shopaholics, a Tanger outlet is only ten minutes away. Free WiFi was conveniently available in our apartment. Parking is limited to one space per one bedroom apartment and be sure to bring your beach towel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dutch45
Reviewed January 8, 2009

My family and I stayed here for the first time this year. The room faced the ocean in a master, hallway with kitchen and bath, living room (pull out sofa bed) and balcony. I agree with other reviews that there was a tropical theme, but the hotel really did not meet my expectations.

The "Indoor pool" is an outdoor pool with a temporary shelter over it in the winter months. During our stay, the heating element was broken, so the water was cold even with the shelter on.

Not sure where the golf and racquet club was. There was not golf course or tennis courts at the hotel. I just thought it was funny, but most of the hotels along the beach carry the same kind of name.

The entertainment/game room contains antiquated puzzles, games and books. The linen turn-in process was not very clear during our stay - in fact, we ran a little late (15 minutes) on the day of turn in and were told by the staff as much (saying that they would change out the towels just this once).

Lastly, I should mention that since I was not a timeshare property owner at the hotel, I had to deal with three separate phone calls concerning attending a special session about buying into the program. Each time, I told them no (passing up some cash prize in the process), but I have to say that it was frustrating because I was there to enjoy time with my family.

Aside from that, the grounds seemed nice with easy access to the beach. The hotel was located near plenty of night life and daytime activities and the overall the staff was friendly.

I would not recommend the hotel and would encourage you to consider more up to date accommodations along the beach.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank S_and_S_Baker
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My family and I just returned from the Beach House Golf and Racquet Club at Myrtle Beach. All rooms were directly on the ocean. It is located next to some really nice homes and is very quiet. The room we had was recently renovated, very nice tropical colors, granite countertops, new furniture but we slept on the pullout sofa, because of the hardness of the bed in bedroom, The property was a hotel at one time and had been renovated into condos. so it has a hotel room layout. I would highly recommend this property to anyone. We traveled with a 17 month old and the resort had a large grass area near the beach for him to run and play. The resort does have a couple of drawbacks, the rooms have no washer or dryer in unit ,also no DVD players in rooms.

Stayed: March 2008