“We have stayed here several times, and Monterey Bay is our favorite place in Myrtle Beach!!”

Monterey Bay Suites
Ranked #89 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
Reviewed December 18, 2009

We recently stayed at Monterey Bay to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. We have stayed there several times with and without the children. When the kids were young, we all enjoyed the indoor lazy river and the indoor jacuzzi. Now that the kids have grown, we take advantage of the roof top jacuzzi and heated pool. We like to stay in the off season, because the rates are wonderful and there are less crowds at the beach. Every room we have stayed in has been spacious and clean and fully equipped. The staff are so nice and helpful. We also take advantage of the free hot breakfasts they have each morning. I would recommend anyone that needs to get away...and bubble your cares away, to stay at Monterey Bay. We have NEVER come away dissapointed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
NC
Reviewed December 17, 2009

Wife and I were in the middle of making love on the bed at 9am. Right in the middle of it a maintenance worker for the hotel unlocked and opened up our room door and saw us!! The top latch was locked so thankfully they did not enter totally but the door still can open more than 4 inches before catching the latch.. the angle of the door and were the bed is at gave the worker a full view only 5ft away of us nude making love. My wife screamed in shock and horror, it was frightening. I jumped up and had to slam the door shut since they still had not closed it!! They did not knock first which is universal for any hotel to knock in case there is someone in there even when you think there shouldnt be.
I called the front desk and told them what happened and what the worker saw us doing in the nude. A manager called me back later to apologize, and thats all. Said they thought we checked out already? Checkout was not till 11am, and it was only 9am. Either way since mistakes like that can happen at the front desk that is why maintenance should ALWAYS KNOCK FIRST!
Really the apology would do if it wasnt a business were I spent money on an oceanfront suite were we should feel safe and our privacy respected. Since there was no offer I had to actually ask if there would be any kind of adjustment on the room but it was shot down. The best they could do is give me a 30 percent discount on another stay! How insulting!! At least give us one of the nights free from our current stay since that is the stay that needed addressing and some kind of forgiveness shown for our invasion of privacy and total embarrasment. If you want to try to get us to come back try giving us a night free on the house for a future stay... not a percent off a room if we come back... like I say IF we come back! Definetly NOT! They would give the 30% most anytime with a discount like AAA or military, senior or part of a package deal. Again how insulting to try to rope us in for more money later rather than resolve the matter at hand when they could make ammends now for our current stay. And again, they did not knock first which is universal for any hotel to knock in case there is someone in there even when you think there shouldnt be.
Also the free wifi never did work during our stay. They said it was working fine must be my equipment. My equipment was fine since I ended up using the wifi from the hotel next door signal.
Other than that the hotel was nice and clean, recently updated so new looking. About the strongest shower water pressure I have felt in my life! Pool and lazy river nicely heated. Free hot breakfast that comes with the room was a nice perk and tasted good.

1 Thank rootleaf

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Clover, SC
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We stayed this past weekend for a little getaway. The Monterey Bay was great! We stayed in the oceanfront end room. The room was exactly as described on the website. Nice size room , very clean and the ocean view was spectacular. The staff was very courteous and friendly. We were greeted by everybody and always asked if we were enjoying our stay. Check in and out was very quick and easy. The indoor pools were warm and great to be able to use in December! And the free breakfast was a nice luxury to have. We will definitely be staying here again.

Ontario
Reviewed December 7, 2009

All of the staff were very friendly and helpfull. All of the areas of the hotel were clean and well maintained. The pool area was excellent especially the hot tubs ( they were actually hot, compared to some other hotels). The breakfast in the morning was very good. items changed every day. There were 3 of us (3 guys on a golf vacation) and there was lots of room for us in our suite. The suite was very clean and comfortable. The parking garage is a bit tight but manageable. I drive a 2007 Saturn Vue suv and with a little care had no problem. All in all our stay at monterey Bay Suites was great.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Petrolia
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Since the year 2000 until now our family has come down from Canada to vacation at Monterey Bay Suites on 7 different occasions. We especially take pleasure in walking the beach and relaxing around one of your pools. I personally enjoy the theatrical entertainment while the women in the family can't wait to hit the shopping centers nearby. Who says that you need to be a golfer if you're going to Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
north carolina
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Our stay at Monteray Bay was wonderful! I had 2 teenagers with me and we never had a boring moment! We enjoyed all of the water amenties. The pools were well heated. I especially enjoyed the outdoor, heated pool and jacuzzi on the 10th floor. It was very relaxing. The location is a plus. It's very quiet and more reserved. The breakfast was delicious! I enjoyed the company and kind words of the gentleman that was there every morning. We stayed in room 1639.(E- Angle Oceanfront with 2 balconies) Our room was well cleaned and maintained. I like the layout of the room. It included a kitchenette with all of your cook wear. The furniture was nice also. Its more like an apartment than a hotel room. The view from the balconies were breath taking! We could see the ocean and street from both. Housekeeping was good also. Brought everything we asked for. Didnt have to wait. Also, pools were cleaned every morning. We will be returning!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2009

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very clean, courteous staff -- only problem was sometimes the parking garage was full.

Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple