“Nice hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Thomasville, North Carolina
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here with my family on one of our vacations. The rooms were clean and the view was excellent. The breakfast was more than I expected and that was definitely a bonus. Staff are friendly and helpful. The only negative thing is parking, and thats only because of the parking deck. It's not really designed well for larger vehicles.

Room Tip: If you have a larger vehicle (van, truck, suv), parking will be a challenge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AshelyAldridge, Front Office Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Monterey Bay Suites. Thank you for the nice comments. Yes, at first the parking deck can be somewhat of a challenge. Our apologies if you encountered a problem. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Wayne, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was our first stay at the Monteray Bay, we stayed there for 4 days 3/1/13 to 3/5/13. Although the weather was unseasonably cold, we had a very nice and relaxing time. Condo we stayed at was on the 11th floor and had ocean view. Everything is very clean, accommodations are updated and modern, with stainless steel kitchen appliances and flat screen TVs in both the leaving area and the bedroom.
Pools and jacuzzies were cleaned daily, maintenance was making sure that everything is spotless. This complex has a pool and jacuzzi on the 10th floor, we didn't need to go far. This property also serves hot breakfast, that was pretty good, nothing fancy but filling and gives you a good start for the day. Walk on a beach was great. A lot of good places to eat in the area. We especially enjoyed the dinner in Croissant, food and especially the deserts are "out of this world". We will definitely sty there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lgeber
AshelyAldridge, Front Office Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with Monterey Bay Suites. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I loved the hotel until my ipod was stolen. We were rushing on the day we were due to check out so we left the hotel which is located on the 70th ave N. Myrtle beach we stopped at a store on the 23rd ave when asked me did I grab my ipod out the drawer and I said no. I called the hotel to let them know the and management acted like I was lying. Needless to say my ipod is gone. My trust in hotel has been lost I will never stay there again. Someone in the staff knows what happened to it I pray it was worth it to whoever who stole it.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We are sadden to hear you lost your Ipod. As soon as we spoke, I went to the unit you stayed in and searched the room. Including the area you said you left it in. No one else had been in the room from the time you checked out and I went into the room.

We wish you great enjoyment on your future stays in Myrtle Beach.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed numerous times at Monterey Bay Suites and it is still my favorite place to stay at Myrtle Beach. The rooms are clean, 3 swimming pools and hot tubs, and an excellent breakfast is included. The staff have always been very friendly and helpful. Monterey Bay continues to set the bar high for making it's customers enjoy Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AshelyAldridge, Front Office Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Appomattox
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I haqve been vacationing at Monterey Bay for the past 5 years. We have always experience excellent service. The location and prices are ideal. Parking is within the motel which makes it very accomodating during inclement weather. The morning we checked out I left my electric razor in the bathroom. When we arrived home some 8 hours later I received a call from the motel desk clerk advising me of the razor I had left. It is reassuring to know that Monterey Bay has a honest room cleaning staff. A similiar incident occurred several years ago in a motel out west. Their cleaning staff denied recovering the article and I was advised that it was my word against theirs. Their assertion was correct however my wife I knew they had a dishonest person in their employment.

Room Tip: My wife and I enjoy higher floors. We feel like we more privancy on the balcony. We love leaving t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AshelyAldridge, Front Office Manager at Monterey Bay Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Monterey Bay Suites. Thank you for choosing our hotel for you stay in Myrtle Beach. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your return.
Aldie, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I visited this Monterey bay back in 2008 and had a great stay. My parents have been going to myrtle beach for over 25 years and I have been to just about every resort along the grand stand. I'm not saying this it the best place I have ever been but for the price it is great. To sum it all up we stayed in 2008 then my family had a trip there was 8 adults and 6 kids and not one person had any issues with Monterey bay. The trip was in sept. 2012. To sum it all up great place for the $$$$ hope this helps.

Room Tip: Great views from the higher floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Islandvacationers
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Monterey Bay Suites and appreciate your return visit. Thank you for your comments and your continued patronage.
Fitchburg MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We rented a 1 bedroom and the rooms were clean, but small, but enough space for two. The pools and location were perfect. The parking is tight but not for a car. The breakfast is not that good and very crowded.

Room Tip: Oceanfront only is the best.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alan Q
We regert you did not enjoy the "Free" hot breakfast provided daily. Our goal is to provide something for everyone which works well considering how crowded the lobby is at breakfast time.