“Great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Watersports

Ocean Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: Myrtle Beach's #1 Parasailing, Jet Boat Rides, Jet Ski Rentals, and Banana Boat rides launching from the beach at 3rd Ave, South, in front of Splashes Water Park at Family Kingdom. Call for reservations. Have fun!!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The entire experience was exciting, and I am glad I did it! Definitely make sure to tip your captain; I think that helped make our experience more enjoyable than the other couple on our boat who did not tip! (Could be completely unrelated, but I'm not so sure). I will also say that the banana boat ride to get to the parasail boat was quite intense. I am very sore today ( the next day), from using every muscle I have to stay on. Could be a sign I need to workout more :) My only real complaint is the cost of pictures. They do not email them anymore, and one picture is $21.50. I wish I would have taken my own camera in a baggie. The employees were great, and I would go again!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank PKirkham

Baltimore, Maryland
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Parasailing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a lot of fun. You get a banana boat ride, a boat ride, and parasailing all for the price of one. I would not recommend eating right before this excursion. Could get nauseous and light headed.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Tayuh3
Waterloo, IA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Parasailing adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went parasailing with our 8- and 9-year old daughters. Instead of going two-and-two they let us all go together. What an incredible experience! The banana boat ride was fun, but be ready for a wait. We had an 11:00 am reservation, but waited on the beach for at least 30 minutes (we found sharks' teeth while we waited, so all was not lost.) Would recommend this company to anyone. Make sure to check out the photos they take from the boat!

1 Thank RandSonthebeach
Hurdle Mills, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I decided that I was going to go parasailing, finally, after years of wanting to do it. I looked up a few places that offered it, and by far, Ocean Watersports had the most reasonable prices. They have a great parking area, even though you do have to walk a little bit, it's free, which is a nice perk for that area of MB. The sign was a little confusing, though, and I called them just to make sure we wouldn't be towed.

Getting signed up was easy. Headed over to pick out a life jacket and hung out at the water's edge until it was our turn to go. It was 5 others in the group I was paired with. They typically take 6 on a trip at a time - 2 actually parasailing at a time. The banana boat (raft) ride to the boat and back was a thrill in itself! Felt like tubing on the lake. Transition from the raft to the boat was pretty easy. The boat ride was great too. The actual parasailing was unlike anything I've ever done - it was so beautiful and peaceful up there!

I was paired with a young girl - if you're reading this - look forward to seeing the pics!

I highly recommend this company. Do tip the boat captains, and do so when getting on the boat - I think it helped make our experience better :).

2 Thank Ashley F
Hillsborough, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The WOW factor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I were at Myrtle Beach for the week and decided to go jet skiing. I had been to another local watersports company the previous summer, but we decided to go to Ocean Watersports due to convenience near our hotel. We must say it was a blast and we are glad we chose them.

Everyone who worked here was extremely friendly and easygoing. They made us feel at ease. There is no fee for a second rider, which is the first time I have heard of that.

It did take a little bit for us to get in the water since there was only one guy working the jet skis, but he was working extremely hard. They are keen on safety and make sure you know what you are doing before entering the water.

On our way out they told us to ride the jet ski like we stole it. haha. We paid for an hour, but they didn't ask us to come back in for about an hour and a half! Even asked if we wanted to go another loop around the course.

Overall we definitely recommend using them and next time we're in the area we will choose them for our watersport experience!

P.S. Most important rule in watersports: leave them a tip! :)