“Parasailing”
Review of Ocean Watersports

Ocean Watersports
More attraction details
Owner description: Myrtle Beach's #1 Parasailing, Jet Ski Rentals, and Banana Boat rides launching from the beach at 3rd Ave, South, in front of Splashes Water Park at Family Kingdom. Call for reservations. Have fun!!
Baltimore, Maryland
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Parasailing”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a lot of fun. You get a banana boat ride, a boat ride, and parasailing all for the price of one. I would not recommend eating right before this excursion. Could get nauseous and light headed.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Tayuh3

Waterloo, IA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Parasailing adventure”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went parasailing with our 8- and 9-year old daughters. Instead of going two-and-two they let us all go together. What an incredible experience! The banana boat ride was fun, but be ready for a wait. We had an 11:00 am reservation, but waited on the beach for at least 30 minutes (we found sharks' teeth while we waited, so all was not lost.) Would recommend this company to anyone. Make sure to check out the photos they take from the boat!

1 Thank RandSonthebeach
Hurdle Mills, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I decided that I was going to go parasailing, finally, after years of wanting to do it. I looked up a few places that offered it, and by far, Ocean Watersports had the most reasonable prices. They have a great parking area, even though you do have to walk a little bit, it's free, which is a nice perk for that area of MB. The sign was a little confusing, though, and I called them just to make sure we wouldn't be towed.

Getting signed up was easy. Headed over to pick out a life jacket and hung out at the water's edge until it was our turn to go. It was 5 others in the group I was paired with. They typically take 6 on a trip at a time - 2 actually parasailing at a time. The banana boat (raft) ride to the boat and back was a thrill in itself! Felt like tubing on the lake. Transition from the raft to the boat was pretty easy. The boat ride was great too. The actual parasailing was unlike anything I've ever done - it was so beautiful and peaceful up there!

I was paired with a young girl - if you're reading this - look forward to seeing the pics!

I highly recommend this company. Do tip the boat captains, and do so when getting on the boat - I think it helped make our experience better :).

2 Thank Ashley F
Hillsborough, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The WOW factor!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I were at Myrtle Beach for the week and decided to go jet skiing. I had been to another local watersports company the previous summer, but we decided to go to Ocean Watersports due to convenience near our hotel. We must say it was a blast and we are glad we chose them.

Everyone who worked here was extremely friendly and easygoing. They made us feel at ease. There is no fee for a second rider, which is the first time I have heard of that.

It did take a little bit for us to get in the water since there was only one guy working the jet skis, but he was working extremely hard. They are keen on safety and make sure you know what you are doing before entering the water.

On our way out they told us to ride the jet ski like we stole it. haha. We paid for an hour, but they didn't ask us to come back in for about an hour and a half! Even asked if we wanted to go another loop around the course.

Overall we definitely recommend using them and next time we're in the area we will choose them for our watersport experience!

P.S. Most important rule in watersports: leave them a tip! :)

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Blast from Above”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My BFF & I had time & opportunity; so we decided to cross something off our bucket list! Ocean Watersports on the Grand Strand in Myrtle Beach does jet skis, banana boats, and Para-Sailing and we wanted to go up, up & away! It was a wonderful experience with polite & knowledgeable staff, not the least of which were the strapping fellows who secured our life lines! We both highly recommend viewing the earth from a colorful parachute and a strongly tied line!

1 Thank Cheryl B