WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Best hotel! Very clean!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Ranked #30 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Best hotel! Very clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I stayed here July 20-22. We had an awesome time! When I found this hotel online, I read all the reviews! The negative reviews do not apply! This is the best hotel to stay in!! Very CLEAN!!! Highly recommend!! We have stayed at the more expensive hotels and they have nothing on this hotel! Bigger is not always better! Very close to the pavilion and shopping and walking distance to the beach! Very convenient location! My two kids (2&6) enjoyed the pool, and putt-putt! Very quiet! Our room had a full sized kitchen and private balcony with rocking chairs, that came in handy for rocking my 2 yr old to sleep! We have found our home away from home!!! We are definitely going repeat customers!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank HgHoover
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. We loved having you here and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look foward to welcoming you here again .

Nancy Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family & I stayed at Waikiki Village over the week of July 4th & it was great! We travel to Myrtle Beach every year for vacation but this was our first time at Waikiki. Yes, I was a little skeptical at first to make reservations, but after much research & reading of reviews, I decided to give it a try. The outside is outdated but the rooms were probably the cleanest of ANY hotels we have stayed in. Housekeeping does an excellent job! We decided to stay another night & Nancy was super nice & helpful in making arrangements to accommodate us. The beach is right across the street & anywhere you need to go is within a short distance. I highly recommend Waikiki Village & plan on returning next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jllpat
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay with us. There are many choices of lodging in the Myrtle Beach area and we are please that you selected us. We pride ourselves in offering the best possible experience at a dated property. We will share your comments with our housekeepers about the rooms being very clean.. We hope to see you here again soon !!
Dublin, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My first time to Myrtle Beach - Room was clean - might use a little less bleach. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had 3 seniors and had room with the sofa sleeper. Enjoyed the 2 TV's. Price was reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mu4512
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you very much for selecting Waikiki Village for your first stay in Myrtle Beach. We are also happy that you found our prices reasonable and the room setup comfortable. Please try us again and mention to staff that you prefer less cleaning chemicals used in your room. Customer service is always very important to us. Again, many thanks and we hope to see you here again soon.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for a week in June. Outside the hotel is quite outdated but the room is very nice and clean. Our room has a flat screen TV. Beach is only 5 minutes from the hotel. We enjoyed staying at Waikiki. We will definitely stay there again next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Siriratt R
localmyrtlebeach, General Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for selecting Waikiki Village for your June vacation. We are a small, simple and dated property but we offer clean and comfortable room selections with a fair price tag. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed being only 300 feet from the ocean and the new televisions that are in many of our rooms. Please come to see us soon !!!!

North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

When my wife and I first found Waikiki Village, we spent a great deal of time reading reviews and searching for a lower price. Ignore the naysayers who have given poor reviews. We have stayed at Waikiki Village a few times now and the rooms and the staff have always been amazing. The prices are great whether you are staying in season or in the off season, which we tend to do. I recommend Waikiki Village to everyone who mentions Myrtle Beach and I will continue to stay there in the years to come.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KRGordon
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Many thanks for your kind words. We have a lot of repeat customers and I am so glad that you have become one as well. We look forward to being part of your relaxing vacation memories for many years to come. Customer service is important to us and we try hard to offer this along with clean, affordable lodging at a dated property.

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have to say I was a little apprehensive when I first walked in back in 2007 as this place is quite dated. However when I went into the room, my son at the time (6 months old and crawling), I got down and inspected the room from his point of view, as I am a bit of a clean freak. I can tell you the place is spotless! Even the baseboards were dust free. I was amazed because I have stayed at big chains and have been so disappointed. The staff are friendly (all of them, the grounds, housekeeping and front desk). We have come back every year since 2007 and this year my little guy is 6! The way the rooms are set up are so great with little ones. They can take a nap in the room and know that they are safe when you sit out on your patio (if you are lucky enough to get a ground room) or have a few drinks in the evening after you put them to bed. The location is amazing. So close to the beach and central to many of the local attractions. This is the place to stay if you are looking for safe, clean and value for your money!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MapleLeafErin
localmyrtlebeach, Owner at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you sharing your comments for future guests to see. We are happy to hear that you were pleased and look forward to seeing you here again very soon.

Mills River, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have found my new Myrtle Beach 2nd home @ Waikiki Village. We visited for the first time 06/24-28/13 and were elated to find such a warm and friendly establishment.
Have stayed at the Landmark over the past 39 years on occasion and had settled in at the old Cherry Tree Inn at North Myrtle Beach for the a number of years and also The Beach Colony Resort alongside The Cherry Tree.
However, the Cherry Tree has changed hands and quadrupled their rates and the Beach Colony is just too blamed expensive.
Stayed at Landmark in April and discovered Waikiki right across the street (and even Landmark's parking deck is right behind Waikiki).
So now instead of parking behind Waikiki (Landmark) and making the long trip on foot carrying no telling what to the Landmark and ending up on the 11th, 12th etc floor...AND..everytime you go to the Atlantic or shopping or dinner having to ride the elevators up & down, over & over...........
at Waikiki you simply step out of your room and cross the street to access the beach. It's actually much closer to the beach than the Landmark when you put all the foot travel together.
The front office staff is nice, friendly, courteous, kind....(must've been Boy Scouts) and Housekeeping is fantastic. We wanted for nothing.
The rates are much, much better than the "regular" hotels and, although you might be able to find a little better rate elsewhere.....you will not find the atmosphere. We are returning the week of August 19-24 where we are taking advantage of one of the Waikiki's STAY FOUR, GET #5 FREE deals that they offer throughout the year. That's really saving 20%. We'll finish up the year October 21-25 where the room rates are an unbelievable $39 per night. That'll get us into the Holiday spirit of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
AND THEN.......we'll have to struggle through what sometimes are rough, rough winters in the wonderful & beautiful (but cold) Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina and patiently wait for April or May 2014 and HERE WE COME AGAIN! (Where we will take advantage of one of the 5 for 4'ers.
Thanks Nancy @ Waikiki Village for providing us a 2nd home in fabulous Myrtle Beach, South Carolina that we can afford.....damn, it's nice to be retired.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JULIAN M
Thank you for this review. I am please to hear that we were able to make your stay pleasant and that you found our staff to be very helpful. Our housekeeping staff are truly an asset to our property. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. I will certainly pass your kind words to them.
Many thanks and I am happy to hear that we will be seeing you again.