“Great Home Away From Home”
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Ranked #43 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Ohio City, Ohio
“Great Home Away From Home”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have been staying here every summer since 1993 (only missing one year). Nancy and her staff have always made us feel so welcome. This is definitely a family oriented place to stay. Her staff is trustworthy, and honestly, I enjoy coming back every summer and seeing our favorite staff.... from the office staff, to the maids, and to the maintenance men. If you're looking for a hotel with water slides, restaurants, and gift shops, this is not where you want to stay. If you want a safe, clean, family oriented establishment, Waikiki Village is an excellent choice. Nancy Hall treats us as if we are a part of her family and we regard her as part of ours as well. We have been blessed to develop great friendships with other families from Kentucky and North Carolina (Massey and Redmon families) who were guests at the same time. We now plan our vacations together.

I honestly can say we love Waikiki Village. It is a place we come to relax. Our sons are now 23 and 24 years old and enjoy staying here as well. We all appreciate the personal relationships that we have developed over the years with Nancy and her Waikiki Village crew. When our boys were little, we enjoyed the first floor rooms. Now we enjoy the second floor and our view from room 232. It definitely has the best view!

If you are looking for a hidden gem, this is it! It is an older motel, hidden among many high rise hotels. If you travel down the strip and compare smaller motels like this one, you will come to the conclusion that Waikiki Village shines above the others. It is a clean establishment with shuffleboard, corn hole, back patio grilling, and a very nice pool, baby pool and hot tub. We appreciate the updates Nancy makes to the rooms each year (this year our shower was updated in our room and we had a flat screen tv).

We stayed 9 nights this year, from June 14th to the 23rd. We hope to stay 10 nights next year! There are weekly rates available all the time and we consider it quite a bargain to stay here.

Thank you Nancy (and my good friend Harry) for all of the wonderful memories you have given us. It's nice to come back every summer and feel the personal connection.

Wycinski Family.....Jeff (Art), Patty, Nate and Brett

Room Tip: Prefer the 2nd floor, main building, facing the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
To the Wycinski Family: Thank you for posting the positive review. It is wonderful to hear that your experiences with us have been so memorable. We do strive to provide all guests with a positive vacation experience. Your kind words will be shared with our staff. We are so happy to be part of your family's vacation memories. See you next year !!!

Many Thanks,
Nancy Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My Girlfriend and I stayed in Myrtle beach and found the greatest little motel..A rel gem hidden amongest the the big resorts. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A short walk to the beach great pool. this is a older well kept motel.We had the best vacation and plan to have many more here at our new home at the beach

Room Tip: Second floor facing blvd overlooking the pool with a view of the beach
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank charles w
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for selecting Waikiki Village for your vacation in Myrtle Beach. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope to see you here again in the near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach just a few weeks ago to celebrate our first anniversary. It was my first time there and I can honestly say I don't want to go back. The staff were friendly and the place looked clean although our tv was ancient but I understand everything is being replaced slowly. Our biggest problem was the air conditioner in our room wasn't working and the heat was horrible!!!! I tried to tell the elderly gentleman about it but while I was waiting for him to finish with another customer he gave me the vibe I definitely not welcome to talk, apparently my husband felt the same way since he made me let it go. It got so hot we had to leave a day early cause we couldn't take it. Overall this is a decent place to stay as long as you have cool air. The staff is nice though for the most part and its easy to get to the beach

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Zata_Kugi
localmyrtlebeach, General Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you had problems with your air conditioner. There is certainly no excuse for having a mal-functioning ac because we have several spare air conditioners to replace ones with problems. After checking the maintenance journal, I do not find any record of you telling the front desk about this problem. There must have been a communication problem. I do apologize and please note that your bill has been adjusted. Customer service is always our top priority.

Many Thanks,
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked another night!! I love Waikiki Village so much that i didnt want to leave. The owners and all the staff are so friendly. But unfortunately I have to go home to work to pay for my next visit. Thank you Nancy and staff to keeping everything perfect even during biker week. I'll see you all again in 96 days!!!

• Stayed May 2013
localmyrtlebeach, General Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Hill,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at Waikiki Village. I am very glad to hear that you find our staff to be friendly and helpful. I hope that you have a great summer and I look forward to seeing you here again in Sept. Many Thanks !!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2013

we came here and we had really fun there was good WiFi and they had putt putt shuffle board horseshoe jukuzzie and a big nice pool we had a really fun time with a good ocean view we had really fun I always will go there I stayed cool and had a really good comphy bead my whole family went we had a blast hopefuly I will go there next time because I would go there any time

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 54359Carriegrace
localmyrtlebeach, Owner at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your visit here. I hope to see you and your family here again very soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our parents started coming here for over 30 years ago.... now my sister and I have both been here on several occasions and hopefully next year we will bring our children and grandchildren.... great place very clean very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank irisheyes130
localmyrtlebeach, General Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and your patronage. "30 years of Loyalty".... we are certainly honored to be part of your family's vacation memories. We look forward to seeing you here again.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2013

this hotel may be old but very clean. I will try and reserve this same room again for my next trip coming up. I would recommend this hotel. I'ts not beach front but close enough. It has games to play outside, nice large pooooooooool, kiddy pool, patio area with grills and tables, very nice so you don't have to sit in the room all the time. Enjoying my stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rivahgal03
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for selecting Waikiki Village for your vacation. It is always a pleasure to hear that guests are enjoying their family time here and I am glad to hear that you have found our property to be very clean. We look forward to seeing you again. Many Thanks !!!!