“Hidden gem in Myrtle Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
You added Waikiki Village to your Saves list
Ranked #38 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Hidden gem in Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

OK I LOVE this place, Im actually writing my review while Im still here and everything is fresh in my mind because I am so STOKED, this place is the the best kept secret of Myrtle Beach. Let me say for you hotel snobs that expect & want all modern luxuries, crazy expensive bedding, towels, room service, etc this isnt the place for you run away . Now, if you are looking for a fair priced CLEAN (cant stress this enough) place to stay that is in a great location with fantastic service, thats quiet and safe well this is the place for you. The Waikiki reminds me of a hotel of the 70's from the colors to the bedding you get basics of everything but for some reason the feel of this place makes it more than enough. I lalala LOVE this place!!!!! It is the last Mom n Pop place on the beach, I seriously hope it lasts forever and stays in the family. I am somewhat a local we live about 40 miles from the beach and we have decided to take once a month for ourselves and just get away for a night or two, that being said Im making next months reservation before we leave. There is something about the feel of this place it just draws you in, but seriously, clean is a huge thing with me and this sweet Mom n Pop place has stolen my heart not only for cleanliness, but also friendliness!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank thegirlbilly
localmyrtlebeach, Owner at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for witing a honest and fair review. We are a basic no frills motel and we try our best to offer clean rooms at a very fair price. We appreciate your patronage and your very kind words about our property. We look forward to having you here again next month. It is guest like yourself, that makes running a Mom and Pop Motel such a pleasure.

Nancy Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Wakki for 2 months because the other hotel GAZEBBO INN decided to put on a new roof while I was there. So I went to the Wakki---evidently they thought I was family because I was harrassed from the moment I walked in until I left. Xmas parties, lobby parties...I was trying to relax...the only asset was the housekeepers...kudos to them for putting up with the garbage...When I stay in a hotel, I do not want to be harrassed or bothered. If I need something I will ask, otherwise, LEAVE ME ALONE.....It is also a very cold place if the weather does not cooperate..cracks between the doors, fans/lights that do not work properly..maintenance did fix the fan but left a mess in the bathroom all over the towels, etc. The old geezer, owner, tried to tell me I had the best room in the house...I would hate to see the worst....blue walls, green bedspreads, bad paint job..he also has a leery eye.......stay there and suffer!!! Spend more money and go to Bluewater.........nice, nice P.S. Wakki has a drug infested hotel beside it..........

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Sue S
localmyrtlebeach, Owner at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Sue,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I regret to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. We have many snowbird monthly rentals in the winter months and they do have many activities. We invite all the monthly guest to attend these functions but this is certainly optional. I am sorry that you felt harrassed by being invited to all these activities. I am the owner and manager and I wish you had made me aware of that. I personally rented the room to you and you did not have advance reservations. You looked at two different rooms and selected the room you rented so you certainly saw the room decor before you paid. It is my policy that we want all guests to be happy so I wish that you had addressd your issues to me. If a guest is unhappy, we do give refunds so you could have checked out without any problems at all.I have just checked the room you rented and the lights and fan are working so I am happy that these were fixed for you. I was also concerned when you checked out so abruptly.You had asked to stay until April at check-in. You had been sick so I was concerned about your health. You left many personal items in the room and did not tell us you would be leaving. I will save these items for you for 2 months. Please call so we can privately discuss your issues. If I am out of the office, please leave a message/phone number with the front desk and I will call you.

Thanks,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am writing this review based on my trip about three four years back. ( yes I know it's been a while ) but I did enjoy it very much. The resort has treated the family well for many years my father whent there when he was a child and he also to me and I intend to take mine when I have some. The service GREAT the rooms were a little small but it's an older place so it's ok. It's also outdated but like I said its and older place. The pool perfect beautiful view nice people. I do think that in the future some renavations should be done I do believe it will help your amount of costomers increase

Would I come back ummmm possibly a yes. But I do know for one thing the Waikiki Sure has made some great memories.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Wilder2
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your Waikiki vacation experiences. We enjoy seeing our families return each year and hope that you will be back again very soon. We now offer wireless internet in each room which has many of our guests very happy. Vacations are all about making family memories and I am very happy to hear that we have been part of yours !!! Many thanks !!!!
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here in May 2012 for the Harley Bike Week..or what's left of Bike Week. This place was recommended to me by a friend of a friend. I really enjoyed the family feel of the motel. It is across the street from the ocean, but it was very enjoyable. Loved the pool although the hot tub was small and inside a glass shed where the chlorine was very strong, made my eyes burn like crazy - but at least you know it's clean! I had room 108 - it was spacious and I enjoyed my balcony overlooking the pool. I even had a small view of the ocean! There is lots of parking here and they also had grills in the back of you wanted to grill a steak or burger during your stay.

Room Tip: I don't think you can wrong with any of the rooms that overlook the pool side.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 01Sporty
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We keep our hot tub chlorine levels at the state required setting but if you have this issue again, please let us know ASAP. It helps a lot to open both doors of the hot tub building. I hope that we will be seeing you again very soon and remember that your feedback is important to us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Lets just be honest. If you are staying here its probably bc all the other places are full. As was the case when I stayed here. However, it wasn't too bad. It is old as dirt. This place has been around since David Hasselhoff was just a gleam in his daddy's eye. But despite its age it was somewhat clean. If you are looking for a Hilton, this ain't it! If you are looking for a motel 6 this is for you. Born and raised in Sc and coming to MB every summer for years. I've stayed at better, but I've stayed at much worse also! Good Times!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Moorhead3282
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
We appreciate hearing from all our guests and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We try very hard to offer clean accommdations at a dated property so if you are looking for new and shiny Waikiki is not what you want. Our web site show this and our prices as well. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you enjoyed your visit to Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach is a wonderful place to vacation.

Danville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in Room 136 for 7 days it was a Big room and very Clean.The owners are fabulous,the staff is very friendly. The only thing we didn't like about it was the Beds was Very Hard We did not sleep good at all but other then that we Loved it there and it is only a little walk to the beach but from our room you could see the Ocean and the Pool and Jacuzzi was Nice!! We will be back Next year

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Frances D
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for spending your vacation at Waikiki Village and for writing this review.We do appreciate hearing from our guests because we want to strive to do better. We regret that you were not satisfied with the beds in your room. Unfortunately for you, we do purchase firm mattresses. The next time you stay with us, please let us know if you are not happy with the mattresses. We will be more than happy to switch your bedding to ones less firm. We appreciate your kind comments about our clean property and staff. We hope to see you here soon !!!!

Nancy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Let me first off say that we decided three years ago that we would try this hotel because of all the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. Three years later and this is the ONLY place to stay in Myrtle Beach! We return every year several times a year and we always request a room in the little tiki hut. The owners are fabulous,the staff is very friendly, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Every time we stay here it always feels like coming home. My husband and I never have to decide where we will stay during our vacations at Myrtle, it is a given that we are going to the Waikiki!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Jmemory2010
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Just a note to say thank you for writing this review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoy staying in our Hawaiian style building. These rooms are very small but are very convenient because of the close parking. You are also very close to the beach !!!! We are definitely looking forward to seeing you here again. We do strive for customer satisfaction so please let us know if you need any assistance when you vacation with us.