“Love it!”
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Ranked #37 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
pilgrims knob
“Love it!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my two kids and husband for the night. The staff was wonderful, the man who checked us in was wonderful. Unlike most hotels this place was friendly and well worth the price paid. The room we stayed in was great and clean! We will be staying here again :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank teresa c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
A thousand miles from nowhere
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I have been staying at this motel for 16 years and each year we go down we are welcomed by a clean place to stay and a warming staff... Waikiki Village is our home away from home in Myrtle Beach, SC and we wouldn't changed a thing about it... The rooms are well equipped and clean. The bed are always comfy and the sheets are always clean..Whenever something is ever malfunctioning or broken, the mainteance here is right on the ball of getting it fixed.. This motel isn't anything fancy, but it is clean and affordable!! I recommend Waikiki Village to anyone who is planning a family trip to Myrtle Beach! After all is a five star motel in my eyes and heart!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Mo2540
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were there 4 years ago, and I am late in writing this review. I will summarize:
1. Very clean rooms, pool, premises
2. Extremely Friendly Staff
3. Great location across treet from beach.
4. Less crowded area than North Myrtle Areas
5. VERY AFFORDABLE. These people are realistic with their pricing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank PottedMeat999
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We recently stayed at Waikiki Village after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. I was truly impressed with this place. First, as all the reviews say, the place is spotless and the staff is super nice and hospitable. The reviews are spot on!!! I was shocked as usually I find some reviews inaccurate. The pool is awesome and the walk to the beach is easy. We even had a view of the ocean from our balcony. I would rate this motel 5 stars across the board. The only thing I wish they would improve is access to Internet. It seems the only way I got a signal was in the lobby. Hopefully by our next trip the whole place will have Internet signal available. Stay here, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Beachbum249
Maryland
Reviewed June 12, 2012

When my husband and I were looking to stay a night in Mrytle Beach we tried several hotels that were 199+ dollars, we did not want to spend that much, just wanted a nice clean room. At the Waikiki that is what we got, friendly owners and employees, a clean room that I felt comfortable walking around in my bare feet, a large refrigerator, grills outside if you wanted to cook, nice tv, clean towels. The place is not fancy, bare bones accomodations, but it is right across from the beach, has it's own swimming pool and good parking. If we go by again we will stay there price was 65 dollars, can't beat it. Tahnk you for being so nice to us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank catknap57
Stanley, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stayed in many different places in Myrtle Beach the past 30 years, but Waikiki Village has topped them all! From the very beginning of booking our stay...I was able to do it all by e-mail with Nancy..to checking in and out, this was by far the most peaceful place to stay at Myrtle Beach. Some of our arrangements had to be changed at the last minute last year, and Nancy was very nice to help us work it out. I came down recently with my parents and our rooms were just what we needed. From my mother sitting on the balcony watching people playing in the pool, to cooking on the grills, everything was rated a "10"...and did I mention the water pressure in the showers? Very nice! I don't know what you are looking for...but these were the cleanest rooms and facilities ever! The man cleaning the pool does an excellent job and was out there every morning scrubbing it. I would put Waikiki Village up next to the high rises any day...Waikiki is so much nicer! Even if their building are older as reported by other reviewers...they are very well kept! The flowers and grounds are well groomed, and we could not get over how nice EVERY EMPLOYEE that we saw was to us. Everyone, and I mean everyone that we met were quick to say hello..and when we asked for something like extra linens, we were given them right away. If we wanted to sleep a little bit later, the maid came back later! Even slept ok on the beds, and we never sleep good in hotels.And the maid changed our sheets after a couple of days! That is not done in even the larger hotels. I could go on an on...We checked out Waikiki online a few years ago when I googled, clean/inexpensive places to stay in Myrtle Beach based on reviews. We were already at the beach, and when we asked to see the rooms in person...we were shown one right away. The larger hotels get upset if you ask to see their rooms before renting. Waikiki rooms are so clean and you are treated like family. I am very particular where my family stays...so believe me when I say, you should give Waikiki a try...and you can't beat the prices. Give them a call or e-mail Nancy on their website. You won't be disappointed..We are going back again in July with more family. If we spent our money paying for a highrise hotel, we would not be able to go again this year. I met Larry and Harry at the front desk while there and they were very helpful...as were the cleaning staff. Give Waikiki a try...even walking across the street to the beach was not bad...took me longer to get an elevator in other hotels than it did to walk to the beach from Waikiki Village...and it is within walking distance to eating places and the Family Kingdom. You can keep your car parked. Can't wait to go back to Waikiki Village. I miss it already! Thanks Waikiki Village staff for treating us so well. I am telling everyone at church and all my friends about your motel! Loved it...I would give you 10 stars if I could!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in an "E" type room. It has 2 bathrooms and 2 TV's, full kitchen...works gre...