“Wonderful location for family vacation!”
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Ranked #41 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This summer will be my 42nd year of staying at Waikiki Village while vacationing in Myrtle Beach. First and foremost, if you require 4-star amenities then this is not the place for you; however, if your family enjoys clean rooms, a great pool, friendly staff, and a wonderful calm quiet family atmosphere then Waikiki Village is just the spot. Each year there are so many returning guests that it is like catching up with distant family and friends. 1500 S. Ocean Blvd. is an ideal location that is convenient to popular attractions but not in the middle of the hustle and bustle of more crowded areas of the beach. Because of the age and design of the building, 2nd floor guests should be considerate of the guests in rooms below them; and, of course, there are small issues to be expected when staying in an older place; but I can assure you that I would not be a return visitor after all these years if Waikiki Village did not meet my standards for a good vacation. No matter where my family chooses to visit, it's just not "vacation" if we haven't had our week at Waikiki Village in Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Susan F

Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival, memories of my childhood flooded. Among the things I love are...
- retro - true 1960's environment
-pleasant staff
- apparent desire from staff for guest to be comfortable
- no pets -- although we love animals, my husband is highly allergic
- family friendly
- attendance to the little things ie. plenty of towels, comfortable beds, fantastic shower, most of all... Not only coffee but perculator, as well!
- immaculate
- pool and hot tub -
Maybe not for everyone but if you want to know what Myrtle was 50 years ago, this is it! I can't wait to go back!
Caution: this is not for the wild crowd!

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Gigijan
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stopped in at the Waikiki a couple weeks ago to break up a long drive from Vermont to Orlando, Fl. Most would consider that a little out of the way, however, after vacationing in Myrlte last summer we knew we wanted to revisit and had picked out the Waikiki as a destination to try before we book a full week. Without a doubt, it was a smart choice. Not only did we make it our stop on our way home, as well, but we will be returning in the near future and it is where we will stay!!!
The rooms are spacious, giving plenty of privacy and room to a family of
five. When you have three teenagers that can be necessary! However, in the same tone it has a very homey feel allowing a family all the comfort of such to reconnect. The balcony was very large, the rooms very clean and the staff warm and welcoming. The pool area made me feel safe to allow my teenagers travel on ahead of us. (something I would allow nowhere else)
If you get a chance to meet Nancy, the owner, she is true southern charm and hospitality. My kids, my husband, and I all look forward to visiting them all again soon!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jenijunebug
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This hotel is wonderful. The staff Nancy, Larry and my housekeeper Wendy were 2nd to none on the WHOLE Grand Strand. It's not a new property but kept like one. There is not a dirty spot on the whole place. The pool is huge and they have a hot tub that is clean as a whistle. There is wireless internet, cable and a short walk to the beach. If you want a FAMILY run place and to be TREATED like family, you will stay here. I will be back very soon !!

Thanks Nancy

Room Tip: I stayed in the rear of the hotel and had a beach view and no traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank mbscbum
Reviewed March 28, 2012

what a great place to stay for mature adults and couples
My wife and I just came back from a ten day visit and are making plans to return next year for a longer stay.
Everyone was great from Nancy the owner to Larry on the front desk, all the guests we met and the wonderful lady that cleaned our room.
Waikiki Village is a older type motel- just a great place to "kick back" and relax. You can't go wrong if you want a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: there are quite a few room types get in touch with motel for info.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frostysr
Reviewed March 12, 2012

we have been coming here for years!!! Love this place!!! Have made lots of great friends who come year after year! My daughter and her family are now coming!! Very friendly staff!!! Look forward to this trip every year!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank udaytonmom
Reviewed February 26, 2012

No doubt the owners are very nice, but make no mistake about it, this place is a bit of a dump. On the plus side it was clean, but so old, the bedding was stained from so many years of use. And oh my god, the beds were so old they squeaked and groaned every time we moved on them - every time we rolled over one of us would wake up. The toilet needed to be flushed 2X to work and the bathroom door wouldn't shut. We were willing to deal with all that, because it was cheap and we figured we go what we paid for, but when they started to do roof construction and we had to listen to that we had enough. Although Nancy was apologetic, she really should have let us know when we arrived or at the very least on the day it was going to start. We had enough after 2 days of noise and were given a refund so we could move to a quieter hotel. For $20.00 more we had a beautiful clean suite with a king bed right on the ocean, just up the road.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan R
localmyrtlebeach, Owner at Waikiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Waikiki Village. We always appreciate hearing about both positive and negetative comments. We want all of our guests to be happy and enjoy their stay. When you complained to me about the roof repair, I apologized. You asked why you not told about these repairs and I expalined that we did not expect the repair to start this week due to heavy rain. Since you were upset, I offered you are refund which you failed to mention in your post. We want all guests to be happy and to return again.
As for your other complaints, these were never mentioned during your brief stay. After reading your review, maintenance took care of all your issues. It took about 30 minutes to change the door knob and to repair the toliet. The mattress has been changed. These problems should have been told to us so we could have corrected them for you ASAP.
Once again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us but unfortunately repairs have to be done. I do understand that everyone wants to enjoy their vacation.

Nancy Hall