Viking Ocean Front Motel
$219
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$158
Grande Shores Ocean Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$270
$192
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$303
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$198
$276
$236
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$225
Official Site
  • Pool
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$149
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel is old, Its a side view in South Myrtle Beach. But that being said, Its clean, Beds are fine and I have stayed here more than a few times. I have never seen a bug. Rates are the best in the beach for what you get. I came down for Bike Week with 2 other friends and we all agree the money was right and the staff were top notch. Parking is a issue, but if you just park across the street you will be fine. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Grant E
povmgmt, General Manager at Viking Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed 1 night on May 4, 2013. We had a 2 bedroom ocean front. Late Saturday night I pulled the covers down from the bedroom that had the 1 queen to find a napkin with lipstick kisses all over it between the sheets!!!! Obviously they did not change them, not sure how long the nasty napkin was there. My husband & I figured it was too late to have something done then. We checked out the next day, my husband took the napkin in a trash bag to the check out counter, ALL THEY DID WAS GIVE 10% OFF!! that was it. I will never stay there again. If you do I suggest you bring a change of bedding with you. Luckily for us, my husband told me to pack bedding just in case. Extremely disappointed and nasty.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your recent stay with us. It is not typical for housekeeping to be lacking in the services that you have mentioned in your complaint, however errors are made and I’m sorry if anything was overlooked during your visit. I will make sure these issues and concerns are brought to the attention of our director of housekeeping for further review so they can be addressed with individual employees. Thank you again for your valuable input. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not handicapped friendly. 14.00 charge per night for amenities - these include broken down washing machine in the 'laundry room' (a dirty corner of the building, not a room), a pool that was closed, a heater/ac that was attached to the wall at ceiling height - therefore unable to reach the settings. In addition the cover to this machine fell to the floor in the middle of the night. I had to call maintenance to come adjust the settings
because it could not be reached by the average person (he had to get on a chair). An empty vending machine for 2 days.
Everything was dated, minimally clean, broken, inaccessible by my handicapped companion (no ramps, no step in shower). I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: I saw two rooms and neither were acceptable
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay with us. I thank you for voicing your concerns and bringing these issues to our attention. I will make sure that your complaints are forwarded to the appropriate department heads for further review so that the issues can be taken care of. Thank you again for the valuable input. It truly is appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We traveled with our children for an overnight weekend stay, and were pleasantly surprised! The previews we read beforehand threw up red flags, and we weren't expecting a whole lot, but we were wrong! The room was clean and in order, and the children had plenty of room to roam inside. The bathroom had new flooring, the kitchen and refrigerator were clean and in good working order. We were able to walk directly to the ocean in about a minute ...didn't care too much for the across the street parking though. There are only about 10-15 spots available by the building. The only issue we had was one of the two TVs didn't work. We called the front desk, and had a replacement in no time! We will stay here again on our next Myrtle Beach trip!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Busymama5
povmgmt, General Manager at Viking Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. Unfortunately, the parking situation is not the best in Myrtle Beach. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were a bit apprehensive about booking this place after seeing some of the reviews but decided to take the chance to stay within our budget. For $39 bucks a night it turned out to be a great gamble. We are a family of four so the three beds and two TVs were perfect and oceanfront to boot. For the location it's a steal, sure it's outdated, could use wifi and more parking, but the room was clean, the balcony view spectacular and the staff was very courteous and friendly. Check in is supposed to be 4:30, we arrived at 11:30am and after a 16 hr drive we were allowed to check in early. We will definately recommend this place to anyone who wants a clean reasonable priced place to stay. It's certainly a big reason thatching year was another memorable March break in MB

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Scootereh

Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!