“ok when u are on a budget”

Viking Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #166 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place is not that bad..I recommend bringing some towels,comforters,pillows etc..some spray depending on he rooms. The staff is nice and the rooms were clean but could use some new carper,pillows and bed items..for the money its better than some.plus your sooo close to the beach..if your on a budget and just wanna get away for a weekend..I wold say this is ok sometimes.:-) not all the time. I did lik the seperate rooms..I recommend a tv in there but it a nice place that needs upgrades..there is no place like your place and I would stay again

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ksmith1804
povmgmt, General Manager at Viking Ocean Front Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor.. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We value our guest comments and we do take it seriously. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!

There are newer reviews for Viking Ocean Front Motel

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were treated very kindly when we checked in. We were able to inspect two rooms and choose between the two of them. BUTTTTTTTTT..... The linens and towels WERE disgusting. I dont know how they clean those, but the sheets had a "brownish" tint to them, they werent white by all means. Some of the towels we got were stained and had hair on them. They did clean the room every day, not sure clean sheets were put on each day. Some days we were only given one wash cloth for two of us. Had to go to office to get one. I was VERY disappointed with the pool. Never seen anyone clean out the pool the whole time we were there. Always loaded with bugs. I actually got the net to skim the top to get the dead bugs and other stuff floating around in there before getting in. I also noticed that the front sign has a lower price on it than what we were charged!!!! What a rip off. We decided that next time we vacation in Myrtle Beach,we will stay at the Best Western next door and have a better room for the same price we paid for that dump!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jan W
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My family and I just got in from a weekend at the viking and I said I had to warn people, do not stay there! The room smelled so bad we had to buy air freshener, used the whole can and it still smelled. When I got home I had to wash all of our clean clothes because they smelled just like the room. When I went to turn on the light that is in between the beds, I got shocked....twice!! The room had a nasty, moist feel to it,and the mattresses were covered in plastic, that was riped all up, the sheets kept coming off during the night, and was not comfortable at all. My 7 year old didn't even want to stay the second night because he didn't like it. The pool was very nice though but thats all I have nice to say. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: You will get shocked when you turn on the light that is in between the 2 beds in room 111 so beware...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank meandmyboy s
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I look at a hotel as simply a place to sleep and shower and usually go for something on the cheap side. With that said, the Viking still disappointed me. For starters, and probably the biggest complaint that I have, is that when I got there I was informed I had to pay around a 25 dollar booking fee. I had booked through Expedia (like I usually do) and have never encountered anything like this before. Anyway, paid the fee with no complaint and went on my way.

When I got to the room the smoke alarm was chirping every few minutes, so I had to disconnect it. There was a sopping wet spot in the room about 3 feet in diameter. When I left 3 days later it was still there and just as wet so I don't know what that was about. Also there was a condom wrapper that was laying by the bed. I can see how it might have been missed by housekeeping but still.... Another problem was getting towels. Had to go to the front desk everyday for new ones.

On the plus side, it is beach front and a great location. It's fairly inexpensive but after having to pay an extra $10 a day for having a third person in the room and the $25 booking fee, I have to think for around the $80 a night I spent that I could have found a better place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If cheap and clean is what you are looking for then the Viking is the place to stay. Kia was a very exceptional host when checking in she recommended places to eat and go while we was there . Now for the bad.....

The maid service was horrible to non existent The towels were so rough you couldn't dry off with them . But for what you have to pay what else do ya expect

I would recommend a stay here only I'd ya don't have anywhere else to stay

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Tim C
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel was the nastiest I have ever been in ! We went as a family and that consists of 4 kids one as a todler. It was so bad that you couldnt leave your stuff on the floor, or it changed colors with black spots. There were FLEES in the room ! NO im not joking, it was near impossible to sleep in the beds because of the itching. Two days into the vacation while showering we noticed a clump of hair in the shower hooked on the curtain below and that WASNT ours because not our hair color. The following day the todler was opening and closing the oven the teen walks in while mom was getting ready and asked if she had fixed buiscuits... there was a WHOLE pan of BUISCUITS in the oven ! The house keeping were friendly but quick in what they done and not very clean ! People staying at hotel very friendly but thats about it. Not good parking and pool was decent ; kids pool not so much. Cockroaches were every were on the grounds and crawling on balconies. Also, pets are aloud in the hotel and not in certain rooms but everywhere and anywhere. Yes this is nice to have BUT it requires more of an up keep and cleaning. One of the other biggest things that got to me was the fire extinglishers on the second floor were all rusted off and broken. That is not acceptable for me, in case something were to happen at this hotel we would not be safe & thats a HUGE problem. But like I said in the title I WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN A CARD BOARD BOX!!! Was absolutely AWFULL ! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brittany C
Reviewed August 26, 2012

here is some pic of the fight .a broken window one guy 2 black eyes another guy beat up
ok you think this is bad the beds had bugs and I got bit sorry I could not take pic of that.also lamps would not work floors were nasty carpet had flees YES flees .The attentent said the room had been treated but sorry you caan`t get rid of flees except you hire a pro .save you and your family a night mare don`t stay here.I wish they will close down .Mold was in the bathroom and the water ran with out stop .I plan on doing a stop payment on my credit card or a dispute .
August 24,25 and 26 .My battery was dead on my bike and my tank was empty .Had to push my harley off .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family