Viking Ocean Front Motel
$207
$155
$258
$200
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$146
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
$111
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
$87
Official Site
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
$107
Official Site
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
$257
$224
Hampton.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My family and I just got in from a weekend at the viking and I said I had to warn people, do not stay there! The room smelled so bad we had to buy air freshener, used the whole can and it still smelled. When I got home I had to wash all of our clean clothes because they smelled just like the room. When I went to turn on the light that is in between the beds, I got shocked....twice!! The room had a nasty, moist feel to it,and the mattresses were covered in plastic, that was riped all up, the sheets kept coming off during the night, and was not comfortable at all. My 7 year old didn't even want to stay the second night because he didn't like it. The pool was very nice though but thats all I have nice to say. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: You will get shocked when you turn on the light that is in between the 2 beds in room 111 so beware!! It was a strong shock not just a static shock. My arm was sore later.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank meandmyboy s
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I look at a hotel as simply a place to sleep and shower and usually go for something on the cheap side. With that said, the Viking still disappointed me. For starters, and probably the biggest complaint that I have, is that when I got there I was informed I had to pay around a 25 dollar booking fee. I had booked through Expedia (like I usually do) and have never encountered anything like this before. Anyway, paid the fee with no complaint and went on my way.

When I got to the room the smoke alarm was chirping every few minutes, so I had to disconnect it. There was a sopping wet spot in the room about 3 feet in diameter. When I left 3 days later it was still there and just as wet so I don't know what that was about. Also there was a condom wrapper that was laying by the bed. I can see how it might have been missed by housekeeping but still.... Another problem was getting towels. Had to go to the front desk everyday for new ones.

On the plus side, it is beach front and a great location. It's fairly inexpensive but after having to pay an extra $10 a day for having a third person in the room and the $25 booking fee, I have to think for around the $80 a night I spent that I could have found a better place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If cheap and clean is what you are looking for then the Viking is the place to stay. Kia was a very exceptional host when checking in she recommended places to eat and go while we was there . Now for the bad.....

The maid service was horrible to non existent The towels were so rough you couldn't dry off with them . But for what you have to pay what else do ya expect

I would recommend a stay here only I'd ya don't have anywhere else to stay

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Tim C
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel was the nastiest I have ever been in ! We went as a family and that consists of 4 kids one as a todler. It was so bad that you couldnt leave your stuff on the floor, or it changed colors with black spots. There were FLEES in the room ! NO im not joking, it was near impossible to sleep in the beds because of the itching. Two days into the vacation while showering we noticed a clump of hair in the shower hooked on the curtain below and that WASNT ours because not our hair color. The following day the todler was opening and closing the oven the teen walks in while mom was getting ready and asked if she had fixed buiscuits... there was a WHOLE pan of BUISCUITS in the oven ! The house keeping were friendly but quick in what they done and not very clean ! People staying at hotel very friendly but thats about it. Not good parking and pool was decent ; kids pool not so much. Cockroaches were every were on the grounds and crawling on balconies. Also, pets are aloud in the hotel and not in certain rooms but everywhere and anywhere. Yes this is nice to have BUT it requires more of an up keep and cleaning. One of the other biggest things that got to me was the fire extinglishers on the second floor were all rusted off and broken. That is not acceptable for me, in case something were to happen at this hotel we would not be safe & thats a HUGE problem. But like I said in the title I WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN A CARD BOARD BOX!!! Was absolutely AWFULL ! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brittany C
Reviewed August 26, 2012

here is some pic of the fight .a broken window one guy 2 black eyes another guy beat up
ok you think this is bad the beds had bugs and I got bit sorry I could not take pic of that.also lamps would not work floors were nasty carpet had flees YES flees .The attentent said the room had been treated but sorry you caan`t get rid of flees except you hire a pro .save you and your family a night mare don`t stay here.I wish they will close down .Mold was in the bathroom and the water ran with out stop .I plan on doing a stop payment on my credit card or a dispute .
August 24,25 and 26 .My battery was dead on my bike and my tank was empty .Had to push my harley off .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family