“Wasn't worth $2”
Review of Budget Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Budget Inn
Ranked #151 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I honestly can't believe that this hotel charged over $200 when it wasn't worth $2. The lock on the door didn't work, there was no phone, the mini refrigerator was dirty and rusty, the floor was disgusting, the bathroom wasn't clean, and there was feces on the shower curtain and comforter. I was shocked to see how disgusting that room was. There wasn't even any toilet paper nor a toilet paper holder. We had to keep our flops on when we walked on the floor and when we took a shower. The bathroom was so dirty and smelled awful. Imagine the shock we had when we pulled back to comforter and saw feces on it after already finding feces at eye level on the shower curtain. The clerk even mentioned that she didn't work there usually and she was getting complaints all day. I don't understand why this place is still standing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever been in, where do I begin. We pay $499 for 3 night on a one bed room. In the shower there was a used towel and a use soap. And the shower is a 2ft by 2ft space. There was a dead roach all the time we where there. No one came in to clean the room while we stay there, I went an ask for someone to clean my room since the second day an no one ever came. I don't know how they can say they have a kitchen, the kitchen is probably 3ft long and so dirty. My cooler and chair got stollen from the parking lot and I ask if I could see the video to see if some one from the same hotel had taking it and they say it was someone walking by who toked. And the worst part it was when my sons toy felt between the bed and the wall I moved the bed an there was a used condom. Horrible experience.

Room Tip: Too much money for that nasty hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yesica A
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This motel should be shut down.We were caught in myrtle beach on the weekend with no reservations and after checking every available motel on the strip we came to this eye sore.The only choice between here and sleeping in the car , but after staying, would much rather have slept in the car. only double beds, so small the door almost hits the bed when you come in. You had to turn sideways to get between the bed and the antique tv. The bathroom, or half of it anyway appeared to be in the closet, so small you didn't have room to think. sink was over in the corner outside the closet which again you had to turn sideways to avoid bumping the bed. absolutely filthy. head board and night stand had not seen a dust cloth in years. If you run into this place.....keep on going.

Room Tip: have reservations before going to myrtle beach.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandstar29
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I've been around the world, and I must say this is actually the worst room I've ever stayed in, even worse than rooms I've gotten in Bangkok and the Philippines. It was very cramped, decrepit, and full of mosquitoes (until we turned on the air conditioner and they disappeared, hiding from the cold -- we smashed the stragglers). There was even a HUGE mystery stain on the box spring of the bed. Not sure if it was blood, puke, or whatever, but that's why you're supposed to bring your own sheets when staying at a cheap motel. That being said, the name of the place IS "The Budget Inn" and for $50 a night for a room right by the beach and walking distance from downtown in a major tourist area, it's not a bad deal. I once stayed in a much nicer room in Myrtle Beach for $50 but on this particular visit that same motel was charging $100 a night for some reason, so we drove around and found this place for half the price. If all you need is a place to sleep for a night without a reservation, no other place is available, and you're able to lower your standards in order to save $50 (other rooms in the area were $100+), then this might be good enough. Just bring your own sheets and pillows.

Room Tip: Take a thorough look at the room before you decide to stay, so you know what you're getting into...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed here on a February weekend, during the off-season when rates are very low along the strip, and many of the money-gouging policies, like minimum 3-nights stay, are not in effect. This motel is very conveniently located to the downtown area, within walking distance. That, unfortunately, is part of the problem- this motel appears to be a spring break "party" hotel, and is in the horrible shape that you would expect of such an establishment. Even in the off-season, little appears to be done to fix or improve these rooms.

I think this is the first motel I've ever stayed, where I had to pay a $5 deposit for the TV remote, which was given to me at the office along with the room key. The room was shabby; it was tile floor only with no carpet. It smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, there was a empty Marlboro pack in the nightstand (no alarm clock on it). I didn't use or even look in the microwave oven nor the mini-fridge, although there was a nice pile of cigarette ashes under the microwave when I moved it. There was also no desk nor chairs to use the computer, so I had to "borrow" one of the plastic chairs outside.

The room could have used a good cleaning- there was black mold in the shower, stains on the walls and fixtures, and the towels and sheets were all badly stained. There was a used shampoo bottle and hairs in the stand-up shower stall (no tub), so clearly it hasn't been cleaned thoroughly. The water in the shower took a good 10 minutes to get warm enough to be usable for a quick shower.

The TV did work well- there was a fairly large flat-screen locked to the wall, and their Internet connection was fairly fast and easy to connect, so I have to give them credit for that.

The bed was reasonably comfortable and fortunately I didn't experience any bedbugs or other biting insects that other people mentioned. However, the noise is definitely a problem- there wasn't the cars/music normally on the boulevard during the summer, but there was no shortage of idiots in the street screaming and screeching at each other at all hours of the night.

If your goal is to stay during the season, get plastered drunk with all your friends and sit on the balcony yelling obscenities to people cruising the boulevard, this is your place. Otherwise, pass this one- there are plenty of motels not far along the boulevard that are significantly better, and for the same price. Don't get sucked-in by the cheap advertised price on this one (which, by the way, is not the price you will have to pay).

Room Tip: The best room here is one in another motel. This is for spring-break parties only.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank htomc42
Reviewed June 20, 2011

LORD HAVE MERCY! I feel like I just spent my family vacation in hell!
I have traveled all over the country, and stayed in some pretty shabby places before , but this ! this place the worst ! Well where do I begin? First of all, they want you to do a three day stay so once you pay you are STUCK unless you just have all kinds of money to throw around and the ones of us who have to stay there have to put up with the junk.
It was senior week so I knew it would be loud, but I didn't think it would be that bad !
The room had been cleaned somewhat, but it could have been cleaned better.
I never saw roaches, but I am not too sure about bedbugs. Something bit me last night.
Don't expect to get any sleep while in this place. The people who run it let the young people raise hell all night long. I did NOT leave anything in the room when I was not there because of the riff raff hanging around that motel. I saw people all night long coming and going, and I am pretty sure they were not renting a room there. When I told the personnel that worked there , they just brushed it off. I have seen prison riots on TV that were not as loud and destructive as what I heard going on all night long the first night. I was ready to just jump in my car and go sleep in a parking lot some place else. If I had been alone I would have ! The owners only care for the money you give them. That's it. They don't want to fix the rooms up, they don't want to clean the pool. that pool was filthy. Cigarettes floating around in it. A black man revved his car ALL NIGHT LONG!
There were fights going on between the blacks , and there was no way a person could sleep there. I would advise you to go some place else to stay if you are going to Myrtle Beach. Wal-mart parking lot would be safer . Trust me !

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
15  Thank unsatisfied_11
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I accompanied a friend to Myrtle Beach for Bike week, he choose this hotel, i was disguested upon seeing the hotel, and when i saw the room i wanted to go back n sleep in the truck. I was greated by a water bug upon entering the room, the towels that i assume was suppose to be white was gray with stains, the room smell like nothing i can discribe. I was affraid to touch the microwave and the bathroom was a hot mess. There was stains on the wall and the color of the carpet was unknowed. I was affraid i will get bed bugs by the look of the bed. This is by far the worst place i have ever had to spend a night. The next day i called a friend who lived in the SC area and ask her to come get me, i left him there in that roach motel. I still cant believe he choose such a place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends