Sandy Beach Resort
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$179
$207
$155
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$145
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$87
Official Site
$257
$224
Hampton.com
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
$107
Official Site
$259
$200
Travelocity
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$111
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$111
  • Pool
1,670 results
All reviewsacross the streetmagnolia towerlazy riverfamily kingdomamusement parkliving roomwasher and dryerpalmetto buildingthe security guardfull kitchenpool areastainless steel appliancesjacuzzi tubgeneral storenon smokingmurphy bedbike week
Reviewed May 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Sandy Beach from April 23rd - April 30th. We have never been to Myrtle Beach and normally take vacations out of the country so we werent sure what to expect. We LOVED it! The resort was very nice and clean. Make sure you stay in the Palmetto suite since this is the new building. Nice rooms, nice appliances, nice view. We were in an Angle suite so the ocean is off to the side. Next time I would spend a little more money and get the full oceanview room. The resort is in a pretty good location...very south of North Myrtle Beach and not too far from Surfside Beach. There are a ton of things to do in the area but still wasnt overly crowded. We drove through NMB a couple times and were very happy we didnt stay in that area. We had an issue with the air conditioning and when we told the front desk they immediately sent a maintenance guy to repair it. The parking is across the street but it is very well-lit and we didnt have any concerns about safety/theft/vandalism. We plan to make this an annual vacation!!!

Some other recommendations:
La Belle Amie winery
Dirty Don's
Nibil's (awesome breakfast!)
Gulfstream Cafe (amazing sunset)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Absolutely everything about the Sandy Beach Resort was fantastic. Its a very clean and spacious room, with a magnificent oceanfront view. The location was great because it is located right across the street from The Family Kingdom Amusement Park. You would never go wrong choosing to stay here. Wether its a romantic getaway or a family vacation, everyone will enjoy there stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We stayed here from May 13-17 in a 2 bedroom angle oceanview unit. It was absolutely wonderful. This is the favorite place that we have stayed at the beach. The location was great. The rooms and view were absolutely wonderful. I cant say enough good things about this place. If you are going to myrtle beach, I would highly recommend that you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank DRWHOFAN08
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I booked Sandy Beach Resort based on other reviews posted in TripAdvisor - and it lived up to my expectations and then some. I stayed in the older section (if you wish to call it that), but it was far from old. Nicely appointed rooms, tv in both the living area and the bedroom, wonderful view of the ocean from our balcony, and was always kept clean.
The elevators were very fast, although at checkout time were a bit slower due to the amount of people waiting until the last minute to check out!
The parking was across the street, but was a minor inconvience to walk to.
I got up every morning to watch the sun rise over the pier - and at 6 a.m. they were already out cleaning the pools and hot tubs.
I went out shelling every day (I actually found a large conch shell - all my time I'd been down to Florida I had never found one in tact like i found on Myrtle Beach).
It had 3 jacuzzis, one inside and two outside, which me and my b/f enjoyed every night!
I also found a wonderful little restaurant with excellent crab cakes about a 3 -4 blocks from the hotel on Kings Hwy. called the Noizy Oyster. There is no lack of places to eat if you walk up to Kings Hwy.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GreatLakesLady
Reviewed May 15, 2009

Found the resort through Trip Advisor. Due to its high ranking, I wasn't worried about any of the finite details. Sandy Beach had a great price and the value was amazing! The photos on Trip Advisor and the website are spot on. Modern appliances, plenty of cookware and utensils and excellent customer service. Our kids are 4 & 2, respectively, and they had a blast with the views... my wife and I had a blast w/ the quick walk to the pool and beach. The hotel is still working on Wifi throughout, but w/ an ethernet cable, you're all set (You can check one out, for free, at the front desk.)

The fitness center left something to be desired, but I've yet to find a hotel or resort with anything meeting my expectations.

For those with young children, I will warn you about the balcony doors... we closed the curtains and placed chairs in front of them. I didn't ask the front desk for dowels, so I don't know if they carry them.

Definitely a great visit and look forward to staying at this resort again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family