We spent our summer vacation at Sandy Beach Resort. We drove down from the Toronto area and gave ourselves 2 full days to get there but we were still anxious to get checked in once we arrived. As other people have mentioned, the area where you can pull in to unload and get into the elevators, can get crowded, however I never thought it was an issue. Certainly not worth worrying about. In fact, we were always able to get a good parking spot in the lot right across the street and had no problem carrying our bags from there. Most of the time you are going in and out from the parking lot which is very easy to get around in. The location was great for kids. We had the amusement park right across the street and could easily walk down the boardwalk to get to the ferris wheel and other "touristy" attractions if we wanted to. The hotel is right on the beach so you can go out the door anytime and have your toes in the sand. We got an oceanfront, 2 bedroom suite and it was great. We could look out over the beach and ocean and watch the tides come in and out. The room was spacious and clean. The first night, we had some noisy neighbours but the hotel can't be faulted for that. The rest of the stay was quiet considering it was the middle of summer and the hotel was very busy. We also had a great view of the fireworks that go off from the pier every Wednesday night. We were on the 12th floor in room 1212 and it was right across from the elevator which was good. The kitchen is great but how much cooking do you do on vacation? for us, not much. It was more about snacks and breakfast food and was great for that. The laundry was great too. I loved coming home with all the clothes already cleaned. My daughters loved the lazy river and the kids play area so they were definitely kept busy with that and there are lots of things to do in the area. You can't throw a golf ball without hitting at least 3 mini golf places which my girls loved. Overall this is a great place to stay which gives you a great location and great value. I am very picky about hotels and this one is a winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A New Modern Oceanfront Resort with one, two, and three bedroom units. Sandy Beach Resort now boasts a Children's Interactive Pool Area, Fitness Room, Meeting Room, and a comfortable Oceanfront Lobby. Come Stay at one of Myrtle Beach's newest and nicest Oceanfront Resorts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Myrtle