“HAPPY”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #30 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Couldn't be happier with the location and price. I was concerned due to the price being so low. I stayed in the older tower..rooms were a little dated - but very clean! Room layout perfect for a family of 4. Location was perfect for pool and beach access. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,640)

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a beautiful property. We had a very nice 2 bedroom unit. Will definitely stay here again. Perfect location. Close to everything - dining, shopping and entertainment. Very close to the Boardwalk, was able to walk there in a few minutes.

2  Thank Janet J
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had a hard time finding a hotel/condo that met our needs. All I was looking for was a review for a myrtle beach property that didn't say it needed updated or a good cleaning. Sandy Beach Palmetto building fit that bill and did not disappoint. The Sandy Beach property as a whole is well maintained and our 1 bedroom unit was very nice. Try and get a room on the higher floors… The views are beautiful!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I recently stayed at the Sandy Beach Resort on vacation! From the time I checked in to the time I checked out I was very impressed! The view from my room was amazing. I left the door open every night so I could listen to the ocean! I wanted to talk to the guy at the front desk about what restaurants were in the area! I do have to admit that he was a very cute blonde that was dressed very nicely and had very sensitive eyes! I think the guys name was Chris? Everyone at the resort seemed to be a big happy family! I caught them joking with each other and it made for a very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere! The manager Jim was also very welcoming, he asked if there was anything he could help me with and really took interest in my stay! They were so very informative about the area and I found one of the best buffalo chicken sandwiches ever!

My second favorite part of the stay was the availability of the ocean and the pool! I was able to relax and put my feet in the sand, and within a short walk when it was colder at the end of the day, I sat in the hot tub before returning to my room and cooking in the personal kitchen! It was the perfect day! My only suggestion is to get some larger towels for the pool!

Overall the Sandy Beach Resort was a wonderful and relaxing stay! Although I got a little burnt in the sand, I would definitely be returning because of the friendly service, excellent amenities, and relaxing atmosphere! I would highly recommend for friends, family and business!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with an amazing view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank J K
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Really enjoyed my stay. The facilities in the hotel room was excellent. Kitchen area was great and matched the photos in Trip Advisor. Hotel was on the beach and is within walking distance to the boardwalk area. Room services were great as well. Only one issue is that I had no cell phone service within the hotel room and had to step out to the balcony area to make phone calls. It could be that I was on the 17th Floor, king suite ocean front area. However, the wi-fi was great. There is very limited wi-fi access in the bedroom though but can be used in the living room and kitchen area. Overall my stay was great and these two items are very minimal.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was our first time at Sandy Beach. We were not disappointed. We stayed in the Palmetto building. They were very clean and a great view. The staff was great especially Miraka and Chris. If you are looking for a place to stay I highly recommend Sandy Beach. I will definitely be going back. I also like the fact that there is no smoking on the property or in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dennis H
Reviewed April 6, 2014

It's clean and updated. I stayed in the oceanview/city view 2 br/ 2 ba. No problems with traffic sounds ( except the night some run happened and the sirens SLOWLY passed by). The drain in 1404 was slower then molasses and the 2nd br had some really weird suction problem with the air and the door would get stuck. AND there was some black scum in the jets of the tub that shot out when I turned it on ( GROSS!!!!!)
Check in and check out was a breeze. Parking wasn't a problem, elevators were fine, Prices are excellent and it is spacious.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends