“Had a Great Stay”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #31 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a Great Stay.... Loved the pools and hot tubs.. The rooms were nice... The weather was fickle but the man behind the counter (Sean) always asked how we were doing and made us laugh. :) Sean also gave us great recommendations on where to go and what to see. We definitely will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank john b
Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Had to go to MB for a work trip & after looking at reviews online I decided on Sandy Beach. What a great place to stay! It is in an awesome location right on the beach. I requested a room with a great view and Dave from the front desk really delivered. The view from the room he put me in will have me returning there in the warmer months. The full kitchen was a pleasant delight to have. Everything was so clean and modern in the room too. Shower pressure was good as well. I hadn't been to Myrtle Beach in a long time so I asked Dave from the front desk on a few recommendations and I think I may have found my new favorite restaurant in Angelos! I actually went there twice during my stay (and left full both times!). All of the staff I interacted with at the hotel were very polite. They have security there so I felt very safe at all times. I talked with some other out of towners at a couple of the places I visited while down there and after talking with them I am confident I stayed at the best hotel. Some of these people were paying almost twice as much and weren't getting much for their money. Can't wait to return to this hotel in the summer when I come back with my family!!! Thanks Sandy Beach for a great time!

Room Tip: Get a high room, the views are great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Stacey I
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was happy to stay at this resort in January! As I walked in I was immediately greeted by Chris who was behind the desk. He was very helpful in getting me situated and was very informative and helpful as I stayed since I didn't know much about the area! I hope he doesn't think I was bothering him too much! I was very comfortable in my room. It is obvious that management does a good job to make sure things are in order! It was spacious clean and had a wonderful view! I loved looking out as I ate breakfast! I was very comfortable on my vacation to The Sandy Beach Resort. Relaxation, fun and cleanliness is what I was expecting and the staff and facilities went way beyond my expectation! I would definitely stay again!!!!

Room Tip: The view of the beach is wonderful!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank J K
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here last March and we are going back this March. This is our place to stay when we go to Myrtle Beach. Our room was spacious and very clean. The view was amazing! We were close to places to eat and close to some little shops. We get the 2 bedroom oceanfront suite in the Palmetto building and we sleep 5 people comfortably. The pools are nice and were not crowded at all when we were there. My children are 11 and 3 and both had a great time. We are excited to be returning very soon! I recommend this resort to anyone looking for a nice, clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay in Myrtle Beach.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Steven Carrie M
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This is by no means a great hotel but it met my expectations for a room with a total price of $62. The lobby was nice but the room was garbage. The paint was peeling off the cabinets. The sink had rust stains around it. I only call it decent because the beds were comfortable. I will never stay here again because if they miss the details you can see, they are also missing details you can't see.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank smfdawk
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel, the indoor pool was especially nice. Rooms were huge and it had an amazing view. I'll never stay anywhere else on my annual trip to the beach. Front Desk people were so nice, and manager Jim was very helpful with recommending a great place to eat. I will be back!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sharonda H
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I have been to this hotel on numerous ocassions and have always enjoyed our stay here. We were greeted by David at the front desk who was very courteous and provided excellent customer care. We have recommended this hotel to family and friends and will be returning with other family members in a couple of months!!!! Beautiful Rooms with all the comforts of home!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014