“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #22 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

If you're planning a trip to myrtle beach- this is the place to stay! The staff is so friendly and accommodating and the rooms are absolutely perfect. This is my second time here and the first time I stayed in the other part of the hotel and this time I'm staying in the newer part- both are incredible! I have 3 kids ages 1, 3, and 9 and there is something for everyone to do here. Love all the stuff around the hotel to walk to- especially the pier!

augusta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

this is my second time staying at this resort.my overall stay was pretty good,my only negatives would be that front desk was not overly friendly but they were just okay.also the pools were dirty.the person cleaning them did a terrible job both mornings.i also hate the fact that owners can bring their dogs but other guest cant. one person had two dogs yet I cant bring my pommeranian.doesnt seem quite fair to me.my positives would be that the rooms are clean and spacious..they have lots of pools..the location is excellent(I walked everywhere I went)plenty parking spaces and great oceanview..overall I would recommend this hotel to others.had to call maintenance on two separate occasions and they came within five minutes both times and fixed my minor concerns.the maintenance guy(tony brown) is very friendly and I would like to let the hotel management know that..i will be visiting myrtle beach again soon and definitely will be booking at sandy beach.

Room Tip: palmetto rooms best but magnolia are decent too
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Salyersville, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at Sandy Beach Resort and we had a great time! Everyone was super nice, the rooms were very comfortable and up to date. Location is really good especially if you have kids. The Family Kingdom Amusement Park is across the street and the water park is next door. There is a general store, an ice cream parlor and a couple of bars/nightclubs next door. There is a pier on the other side of the Resort and you can fish there, shop, get a meal at the restaurant and watch the fireworks that are shot for the pier on Wednesday nights. Also, you've gotta love Marvin from Myrtle Manor, who is security at the Resort! My only complaint is that the boardwalk doesn't come all the way down to Sandy Beach.

1 Thank jdsgirl1616
Elmira, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have stayed at Sandy Beach for the past five years and this year was so bad, we will not go back! The price was so expensive! The security was terrible. I could not send my daughter who is 19 to her room alone because there were always shady people hanging outside various rooms. The parking lot was so full that we had to park in a dangerous place. However, the majority of the cars had no parking passes. When we talked to the front desk about it, we got attitude. There were so many locals coming in off the street to swim in the pools that the guests couldn't swim. The hotel needs key swipes at all the pool entrances so that the locals can not use the pools. There were 2 spoons in the room, we had to buy our own frying pans, the air conditioners leaked all over, the toilets leaked so bad that the bathroom floors were always soaked. Overall, bad time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Pattiredder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I rated the cleanliness as a 1 only due to the pools. The room was great, very clean and nice place. The only draw back we had was the pools were not very clean. I have a pool at home so maybe I'm a little more critical than others. The filtration did not seem to be working at all with all the sunscreen and hair floating in them. I really did not want my kids swimming in them. It would be nice to have a bathroom close to the pools as I heard one Dad tell his son not to pee in the big pool, go squat in the kiddie pool. I know that isn't the fault of Sandy Beach but if restrooms were more convenient to the pool area may prevent it. The kiddie pool was also freezing cold, a little heat would be nice. Other than the pools and a few bad guests, it was a great stay at a nice resort!

Prestonsburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Lovely property with nice, clean, and beautifully decorated rooms! The beds are comfy and the bathrooms are spacious and nice. The hotel also has great pools both indoor and outdoor you can't go wrong stay here. I've stayed here a couple of times and I'm getting ready to stay here my third time and I can't wait! The only bad thing is the parking and loading and unloading your luggage but I can over look that for the value of this great hotel. I recommend getting a room in the newer building.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank baldridge-angela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Third year in a row. Can't beat the price or location. Rooms are very nice and clean. Never used the pool tho. Always went to the beach. Plan on going back next year. Staff very friendly. Walking distance from the boardwalk.

1 Thank Deaddog1