First of all you should know this resort is part old part newer. The newer side was where we stayed. Those rooms are called "Palmetto" rooms. We reserved a one bedroom with a pull down in the living area. The kitchen was stocked enough for four people but is a mini in size. It did have a full size refrigerator and stove with a half-size dishwasher. It had granite counters and a high-end faucet. The bathroom had granite counters and a whirlpool. The shower head was HORRIBLE. It barely trickled and was hard to rinse thick hair with. The room was in decent shape but needed a bit of TLC where paint was concerned. Housekeeping staff were nice and provided whatever was needed. Checking in was simple and desk clerk was very nice. We did not use the pool area. It was filled with kids that were mostly unsupervised. We stayed on the beach which had close easy access. The resort supplies towels, dish towels, dish detergent and dishwasher tabs. There was a general store across the street that had reasonable prices. The resort is located about six blocks from the strand and is right next to the amusement and water parks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A New Modern Oceanfront Resort with one, two, and three bedroom units. Sandy Beach Resort now boasts a Children's Interactive Pool Area, Fitness Room, Meeting Room, and a comfortable Oceanfront Lobby. Come Stay at one of Myrtle Beach's newest and nicest Oceanfront Resorts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Myrtle