“This place is amazing”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #31 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here with my friend for a 3 night get away. It is clean it has a great view. The pools were clean and wonderful. Plenty of places to sit in the sun. In the fall I stayed at a chain resort and was so unhappy. This place is so great I will be back with my family this fall. I can't think of a bad thing to say about this place. It was that good.

• Stayed: April 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. I had no complaints for my stay. I definitely will be returning. It was a peaceful & romantic getaway, very private. The beds were very comfortable. The full kitchen had nice stainless steel appliances. We also fell in love with the oversized bathroom which had a whirlpool jets in the bathtub but also had a shower. We had our own washer & dryer. Great amenities.

Room Tip: Great views from all rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Once again reasonable prices and good services have brought us back to Sandy Beach. You can not find a better spot on the Beach than Sandy Beach. Staff are always anxious to help out in everyway and the computor station in the main area is a nice touch. Needed to print of some diner speacials and a computor and printer were available. Great place hope to visit again 2014. Can't old them accountable for weather but it was crappy this year.

Room Tip: Stay in the new part rooms and accesories are more up to date.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed 6 nights in a two bedroom angle ocean view room. This was our fourth time staying at SB, third time in type of unit. Everyone was very nice, check in was fast, room was clean with everything in good working order. We had no problems...pools and hot tubs were clean everyday while we were there, housekeeping was great, always had plenty of towels, etc. The only complaint I had was the wifi signal wasn't very strong most if the time, no big deal for me. We plan on staying here again next year.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Sandy Beach Resort 5 times in the past 4 years. Unfortunately, every subsequent stay seems to be less and less appealing. This past visit lasted from 05/04-05/07. It seems that the quality of guest staying at the SBR has gone down. Our room included: a hole in the lampshade, holes in walls, warped interior doors, half of the jacuzzi jets didn't function, peeling veneer off of the cabinets, and moulding separating from the floor/wall. I know that bad guests aren't entirely the fault of SBR, but fixing the issues brought on by bad guests is their responsibility. Additionally, the non-smoking policy is not adhered to at all. In the last 5 stays, I've smelled cigarette and/or marijuana smoke during our last 3 visits. I've called down to the front desk twice in the past 4 years to report violations and have even given room numbers of smoking neighbors in the past to no avail, so I no longer bother. Sandy Beach Resort used to be a hidden gem, but now I'm afraid that we'll have to stay somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at this resort July 2012 with my husband, sister-in-law, and my friend. We stayed in the Magnolia jacuzzi suite. It was very clean (although some of the housekeeping were a little rude), the beds were very soft, and my husband loved their exercise facility. My only problem with this resort is that no matter what time I went to the pool area, I could never get a lawn chair to lay out in, which is my favorite thing to do at the beach. There wouldn't even be anyone laying in the chairs, they would just place their belongings, such as their beach towels, in the chairs so nobody else will take them. They should have an employee go outside every hour, and if there are any beach towels lying in any lawn chairs, they should take them off and place them over the railing. They should also have a large sign letting others know that they cannot reserve lawn chairs as well. My husband and I are going to the beach alone this year, and we were planning on staying here again this June, but its too expensive to if you aren't splitting the price with someone else. It breaks my heart too, I really loved this resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Keshia W
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel and grounds were great. Rooms, complete with full kitchen were clean and huge. Balcony overlooking ocean and beach. Two pools and hot tubs. Good location.
Really enjoyed this place and the fees were very cheap.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family