“Great Spot Reasonable Prices Good Service”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #27 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Once again reasonable prices and good services have brought us back to Sandy Beach. You can not find a better spot on the Beach than Sandy Beach. Staff are always anxious to help out in everyway and the computor station in the main area is a nice touch. Needed to print of some diner speacials and a computor and printer were available. Great place hope to visit again 2014. Can't old them accountable for weather but it was crappy this year.

Room Tip: Stay in the new part rooms and accesories are more up to date.
There are newer reviews for Sandy Beach Resort

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed 6 nights in a two bedroom angle ocean view room. This was our fourth time staying at SB, third time in type of unit. Everyone was very nice, check in was fast, room was clean with everything in good working order. We had no problems...pools and hot tubs were clean everyday while we were there, housekeeping was great, always had plenty of towels, etc. The only complaint I had was the wifi signal wasn't very strong most if the time, no big deal for me. We plan on staying here again next year.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Sandy Beach Resort 5 times in the past 4 years. Unfortunately, every subsequent stay seems to be less and less appealing. This past visit lasted from 05/04-05/07. It seems that the quality of guest staying at the SBR has gone down. Our room included: a hole in the lampshade, holes in walls, warped interior doors, half of the jacuzzi jets didn't function, peeling veneer off of the cabinets, and moulding separating from the floor/wall. I know that bad guests aren't entirely the fault of SBR, but fixing the issues brought on by bad guests is their responsibility. Additionally, the non-smoking policy is not adhered to at all. In the last 5 stays, I've smelled cigarette and/or marijuana smoke during our last 3 visits. I've called down to the front desk twice in the past 4 years to report violations and have even given room numbers of smoking neighbors in the past to no avail, so I no longer bother. Sandy Beach Resort used to be a hidden gem, but now I'm afraid that we'll have to stay somewhere else in the future.

1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at this resort July 2012 with my husband, sister-in-law, and my friend. We stayed in the Magnolia jacuzzi suite. It was very clean (although some of the housekeeping were a little rude), the beds were very soft, and my husband loved their exercise facility. My only problem with this resort is that no matter what time I went to the pool area, I could never get a lawn chair to lay out in, which is my favorite thing to do at the beach. There wouldn't even be anyone laying in the chairs, they would just place their belongings, such as their beach towels, in the chairs so nobody else will take them. They should have an employee go outside every hour, and if there are any beach towels lying in any lawn chairs, they should take them off and place them over the railing. They should also have a large sign letting others know that they cannot reserve lawn chairs as well. My husband and I are going to the beach alone this year, and we were planning on staying here again this June, but its too expensive to if you aren't splitting the price with someone else. It breaks my heart too, I really loved this resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Keshia W
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel and grounds were great. Rooms, complete with full kitchen were clean and huge. Balcony overlooking ocean and beach. Two pools and hot tubs. Good location.
Really enjoyed this place and the fees were very cheap.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Like other reviewers, I was initially skeptical of this property based on its incredibly low rates. Hubby and I decided to "splurge" on a 2-bedroom/2-bath street/side ocean view suite in the newer (Palmetto) section for a week in later April-early May, since the rates--booked directly through the hotel's website, and with an "early bird" booking discount--were crazy amazing, and "oceanfront" view for us was not a requirement. We could not have been happier with our selection.

The suite boasted two spacious bedrooms with "en suite" baths--one with a jetted tub!--laundry, a well-equipped kitchen with staineless/granite open to a breakfast bar/eating area and living room. The balcony off the living room provided a great "angled" ocean view looking to the northeast--perfect for sunrises and morning light--while the balcony off the "master" bedroom overlooked Ocean Boulevard and the Family Kingdom Amusement Park (a great sight at night). The suite was entirely floor-to-ceiling windows for amazing views looking inland/to the west, with abundant natural light, and great breezes when both balcony doors were open. The suite was exactly as shown on the hotel's website, no surprises. The beds and bedding were incredibly comfortable, not "hotel standard", with super soft duvets and pillow-top type mattresses.

The property is ideally situated, just one block south of the southern terminus of the newer Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and the 2nd Avenue Pier (great for breakfasts and cocktails!), and thus an easy walk to the center of town for nightlife/arcade amusements. It is also adjacent to the Family Kingdom park and waterslide park, which were not fully open when we stayed (so things were a bit quiet). It is right on the beach. Plenty of pool chairs and pools/spas themselves are large, plentiful, and clean (both outdoor and enclosed).

This is also an amazing smelling hotel, not something you experience too often! Whatever they are piping through their air ducts, it's lovely :o)

My only very minor complaints:
* With this much window space, more attention should be paid to keeping the windows clean. Even though sheers cover all windows, when we did want to open them for brighter views, lots of smudge marks and handprints at kid height.
* Beds were not made every day. We like to pull our covers up to "tidy up" before we leave the room for the morning, but we still thought housekeeping would make the beds up "tight". A call to front desk/housekeeping confirmed that, if made up, they did not touch the beds, until the fourth day when sheets get changed per policy. The rest of the suite was well cleaned and stocked.
* Pool area a bit untidy toward the end of the day, with dirty towels and rubbish left poolside, and no more clean beach towels to be had for the late-day swim. When I alerted the front desk clerk to the situtation, he said he'd have some towels sent down. They never came, and Hubby and I dripped our way back up to room. A look later in the evening showed the situation had not changed.

But overall, this was an amazing find. We will look forward to staying again!

Room Tip: * If sensitive to street noise, and staying in this sort of suite, ask for a high floor * Be sure t...
1  Thank ramblingsandroasts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just returned from Sandy Beach resort in Myrtle beach. Had a great time although the weather was not very cooperative. Hotel directly on the beach. Rooms very spacious and comfortable. Pool always clean and warm. Hot tubs working all the time. Hotel caters to the family atmosphere. The balcony was right on the beachfront. Rooms have washer and dryer which was handy as I came in wet from the rain on a few occasions. All in all a great palce to stay. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family