My husband and I just returned from our sixth trip to Myrtle Beach and first stay at the Sandy Beach Resort. We did our reasearch ahead of time and read other Trip Advisor reviews concerning this resort. We do agree that the Magnolia section (older part) of the hotel defintely does need some updating. The accommodation we had in Magnolia was an Oceanfront Efficiency which was generous in size and suited the two of us. Our biggest complaint would have to be the high pitched whistling type noise that seemed to be coming from the bathroom ceiling pipes. We did speak to the folks at reception; but, the problem wasn't fixed while we were there. The frig motor was quite loud and the microwave worked; but, defintely needs to be replaced. Some ceiling tiles were in rather bad shape and should be replaced as well. On the plus side the staff were always very pleasant. We always had a good supply of clean towels, shampoo, soap and tissue. Our tea towel and dish cloth were replaced daily, our bed was alway nicely made up, and garbage removed. I think the carpets could have been vacuumed more often. I did find a hairbrush and half a dried up sandwich under the bedroom dresser from a previous guest when I was looking for an item I had dropped.
We did make a point of checking out the same type of accommodation in the newer part of the resort and were much more impressed with everything from the layout to the stainless steel appliances that also included a dishwasher and the roomier bathroom with cupboard space. The new section also has more ample closet space.
We will definitely consider returning to the Sandy Beach resort -newer section for another autumn holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A New Modern Oceanfront Resort with one, two, and three bedroom units. Sandy Beach Resort now boasts a Children's Interactive Pool Area, Fitness Room, Meeting Room, and a comfortable Oceanfront Lobby. Come Stay at one of Myrtle Beach's newest and nicest Oceanfront Resorts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Myrtle