“Excellent value, good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #24 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Anderson, Indiana
“Excellent value, good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed the month of February, excellent price, good location, weather was in the 50's or higher every day. Good walking weather. I sleep great every night, the bed was a King size in my 1 bedroom angle room. I also had a washer and dryer in the room. Maid service did a great job. I will stay here the next time I go to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank meppipe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I am completely amazed at the beautiful room I stayed in! I stayed in an oceanfront suite that had 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a full kitchen, washer, dryer, a large living/dining room and a large balcony. The view was spectacular! The lady at the front desk, Lynn, was very helpful and even gave us directions to many places that we wanted to visit. There was nothing about our stay that I can complain about. I stayed at the Sheraton last visit to Myrtle Beach but I will now always stay at Sandy Beach Resort. I paid a lot less and loved the view!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ccouls01
Trenton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

This was our third trip to Myrtle Beach in the past four years, and our first stay at the Sandy Beach Resort. Our previous trips were spent at The Caribbean, which is a nice facility, but we had bad service experiences both times and were ready for something else. I am SO glad I chose the Sandy Beach!

Our party of four adults and one toddler stayed in a 3-bedroom, 2-bath condo in the newer Palmetto Tower. The room was amazing! We had everything we needed to enjoy our 6 night stay. They even gave us three tablets for the dishwasher and dishwashing soap - something The Caribbean made us supply on our own. The master bath had a jacuzzi tub, and that was nice to relax in on some of the cooler nights.

The service from the staff was amazing. The woman working at check-in was friendly, mentioned the note on my reservation for a pack-n-play and if it wasn't in the room, to call downstairs. It wasn't, I called the front desk, and we had a pack-n-play at our door in two minutes. The first one they gave us didn't work, so I called down, and he was back within 5 mins with a brand new one. I had to wait 45 mins for one roll of toilet paper at The Caribbean!

The pools and hot tubs were just fine for us. My only complaint would be that the children's splash pad area was ICE COLD. My 2-year-old wanted to play in it so badly, but he'd start shivering the minute he stepped foot in. Would be nice if they could heat it just a little - seemed like the two larger outdoor pools were heated, so I don't know why this one wasn't, especially since it was in the shade most of the day.

The location on the beach was great - only a few blocks from the 2nd Ave Pier and the start of the Boardwalk. Also, an amusement park is located across the street, waterpark next door, and the Ocean Watersports stand is located right by the hotel for those who want to jet ski, parasail, or take a banana boat ride.

Parking was not an issue for us. The loading zone was a little tight when we arrived at check-in time on a Saturday afternoon, but we made do. I can imagine it could get pretty hectic during the busy season though.

All in all, an excellent stay. Sandy Beach has become our new favorite in Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: Definitely spring the extra cash for the Palmetto Tower - it was built in 2008, and from what I'...
4 Thank ucas0
Elmira, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Clean, hotel-like and very family oriented. The condos were contemporary and very up to date. Every morning I had my coffee out on the balcony. The pools and lazy river were all warm and clean. The deck area was large and spacious with lots of loungers. The beach had a life guard with beach chairs to rent. The boardwalk was within walking distance. Everyone was sooo friendly and helpful. Very happy with this vacation! The kids loved it and I loved it! My husband got to golf, I got to relax by the ocean and the kids got to swim.

4 Thank Sniderette
Port Henry, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just got home sunday from sandy beach resort. We had a two bed room ocean front room in the new tower. The room was great, very clean, large enough for my two kids to run around. Beds were super comfortable. Loved having the washer and dryer when we got home we only had one load of wash to do instead of 6 or 7. Front desk was great, we got there about 2:30 check in is at 4, there was no issue getting into the room early. Parking is not nearly as bad as what people have said about the place, you park across the street but it is very well lit, and I felt very good about leaving my car over there.

My only issue was that the pools were in need of updating. I am sure it is hard due to the amount of guest when would you update them? But I would say it needs to be done with in a few years or the pools will be in very bad shape. also there is no bathroom down by the pool. You can use the bathroom in the lobby on the 2nd floor which has easy access from the pool just up the stairs.

I will stay here again, it was very nice location. 3 or 4 min walk to the 2nd ave peir, and about a 10 min walk to the downtown area. You have family kingdom right next door, and a store across the street was convient they sell just about everything from food to beach stuff.

Room Tip: If you want to save some money the older side is about half price, but they say doesn't have a w...
2 Thank Matthew B
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have stayed several times at Sandy Beach Resort. I just want to say that our stay was most enjoyable. The rooms are quite roomy. There is an excellent view of the ocean. The beds are comfortable. The overall atmosphere of the hotel is quite pleasant.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank 1marge
Andrews, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

LOVE this place. Rooms clean and comfortable and friendly staff. The pools are great ....we will stay here again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family