“Amazing... to say the least...Best stay ever”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #31 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Wow, where to start? First of all if you're considering this resort from pictures you saw on the website or the virtual tours, DON'T doubt what you see!! It is exactly like the pictures only better! Sorry that I'm gonna write a book but there's too much to leave anything out!
We arrived really early, about 1:30pm and check-in isn't until 4:00. We figured we'd take the risk since worst case we could just go do some sightseeing or grocery shopping until our room was ready. Well as the front desk put it, we got the lottery ticket of the day! Our reserved room happened to be ready to check in! (Which was a huge blessing considering we had some very dirty laundry that needed immediate attention...2 or our 3 kids got car sick a couple hours before arriving:( Thank goodness for the washer and dryer!) The security guard was super helpful and friendly.
We had booked a 2 bedroom deluxe in the palmetto tower earlier this year. The 'deluxe' is placed on the upper floors of the building on the south corner and has an extra wall of windows in the living room area for extra views. It was amazing! We could see the ocean and the city from our oceanfront room at the same time! The windows overlooked the family kingdom waterpark so that was fun for the kids to look down and watch. The suite was immaculately clean, very modern, and had the perfect layout. The living room and the balcony were both larger than I expected. The washer and dryer being in the kitchen was a little strange to me at first but ended up being perfect. That way the noise was far from the bedrooms at night and I could fold while the kids sat across from me at the barstools eating lunch!
Housekeeping did a great job keeping up with things and stocking us very well with towels. They did come different times each day kind of unpredictabley but they did their job nevertheless. One day my 3 year old son got sick and lost his lunch all over the bathroom...he 'missed' to say the least!! It was a disaster but I cleaned up what I could with paper towels and my husband called the front desk to request some cleaning supplies and a mop. When I answered the door, a very nice gentleman was there ready to clean up the mess. I assured him we did NOT expect him to have to clean that up and begged him to let us do it but he insisted that it wasn't a problem and had no problem cleaning it up. He make us feel like it was no big deal, told us not to worry about anything, and had the bathroom looking better than new again in a very short time! We never felt like a burden to anyone on the staff here. Instead, we felt like they were there to do nothing but make our stay the best it could be!
The views from our balcony, our windows and even the windows in the hall by the elevator were so breathtaking and in a great location. The kitchen was stocked with plenty of things we needed for cooking and serving food, the appliances were super clean and very new. I pulled back the sheets on the beds when we arrived and the mattresses looked like new. The 3 TVs in the suite were flatscreens and had any hookups needed for us to connect our dvd player. I did have some issues with the wireless internet that could be improved but hey, it's called vacation for a reason!! With the views off of our balcony I didn't have much desire to stare at a computer for long anyway!! I had read a review before about somone saying the noise from the hallway by the elevators kept them up and I can see their point. Our room was pretty close to the elevators and we could hear the hallway noise pretty clearly but it honestly wasn't a problem for us during our stay. We might have just been lucky with quiet neighbors but I do understand the point.
Elevators were never really a problem for us (besides being on the 18th floor and having to make a few extra stops on our way down lol) Parking is across the street but isn't nearly as inconvienent as it sounds. I've had to park farther away from WalMart than that distance before and the walk is quite scenic, lots going on right around the area. Very close to lots of entertainment, we walked to Family Kingdom and the 2nd Ave Pier and Boardwalk with 3 kids. The access to the beach is like no other place we've stayed. When you open the gate from the pool deck, you're literally stepping right into the sand. The pools were fantasic, lots of different areas to spread everyone out. The kids pool area was great and our kids loved it! The water was pretty warm the first eveing we got there which was nice (in the past our kids couldn't even enjoy the kiddie pool at a different resort because the water was so extremely cold and in the shade)
As you can tell we definitely loved Sandy Beach and plan to return!! Don't hesitate on this one, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: The earlier you book, the more you save.
8  Thank mamaofboys_3

Reviewed June 18, 2011

We stayed in the Palmetto Bldg 1 Bedroom. It was nice having a kitchen & washer/dryer in the room. The cleanliness of the room could have been better, but was tolerable. The fixtures were dusty and there was a big hair on the bathroom door when we arrived. Some the supplied dishes in cabinet were dirty, but I re-washed them in the dishwasher. The staff was unwilling to bend on their strict 4 p.m. check in time even though we had a special needs child that needed to nap before this time. Kiddie pool was dirty after I saw staff cleaning the area. The hotel is in need of minor repairs. The beach/adult pools were fine. Nice location in Myrtle Beach. Beds in bedroom were lumpy and uncomfortable though. For what we paid, the hotel met most expectations.

2  Thank HSNCFamily
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We have vacationed hundreds of times in Myrtle Beach and once we stayed at the Sandy Beach we were hooked. Rooms are clean, prices are reasonable and great amenities. I highly recommend to Sandy Beach!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rettas_angel7
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed at the Sandy Beach Resort from June 9-12. Our flight arrived at noon and the front desk staff were very rude about an early arrival. We did not expect our room to be ready, but they did not suggest any restaurants for lunch or offer any other helpful suggestions. Then as soon as we headed to the beach, they called us to say that our room was ready. That was an interesting coincidence after being told there was no way that our room would be available early. In addition, the housekeeping services were non-existent. Despite requesting service during the 5 hours we were at the beach, the housekeepers waited until we returned to try to service the room. Obviously, that was too intrusive to pull people out of the showers so we were left with replacement towels and sandy floors. We can't think of a past experience that was this disappointing. The beach was nice and the room was nice. However, as a result of the serious lack of common courtesy, we will not return!

1  Thank Pdk3h
Reviewed June 15, 2011

First of all, If you are worried about staying here, "DON"T BE". It was great.My family and I always come to Myrtle Beach for our vactions. We noticed the Sandy Beach Resort by walking the strip the last time we were there. It is a beautiful hotel. We booked a 2 bedroom condo and was given a room on the 18th floor. Wow, the view was WOW!! That's all I can say. The bedrooms was great. One had a King bed and the other had 2 queens. The decor was modern and nice. the kitchen had all the comforts of home and the living room was big enough to not feel that huddled up feeling you get in some others I have stayed at. There were enough pools for everyone to find their favorite. I loved the sprayer to clean of after comming from the beach. The front desk staff was friendly and gracious to us. We will stay again and again.

5  Thank BigOrangegirl
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel. We was very pleased with the room. We stayed in a 1br deluxe suite (palmetto). Usually, hotel carpet at the beach feel wet and dirty. The floors felt great. The bed was nice and comfortable. The furniture in the room was the same exact furniture I saw on the internet. The pictures online was how the room actually looked. Flat screen TVs in the living room and bedroom. Most hotels have not caught up with the modern times of flat screen tvs. The only down side, which was tolerable, was the hallway noises can be heard while inside the bedroom. We will be back again soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HGfilled
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family and i had a great time and can't wait until next years vacation.
The rooms were very clean and updated.
The employees were very nice and helpfull.
The location of this hotel is perfect, walking distance from just about one of everything.
This is the second year in a row we are staying here and will be staying here next year for sure, god willing.
The pools and hot tubs were awsome.

Room Tip: You definetly want ocean view, it is breathtaking.
2  Thank strebber