“Best Deal in Myrtle Beach this summer”

Caribbean Resort And Villas
Ranked #27 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, NC
“Best Deal in Myrtle Beach this summer”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Very clean. Got a great rate through AAA...$99 a night. Oceanfront room with 2 double beds in the bedroom. It had a small sitting room with loveseat and television and full kitchen with dishes, etc. Very pleasant trip! Can't wait to go back again. Great for families!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
United States
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We just returned from an 8 night stay at the Caribbean Resort. We traveled with our five young children, my parents and my sister and her two children. Yes, we had a large group! Let me say that this is our fourth trip to Myrtle Beach. We have previously stayed at the Sea Watch, Kingston Plantation and the Marriott.
This is the best place we have stayed so far for several reasons. 1) The location! We were very close to the Family Kingdom Amusement Park (took about 5-6 minutes to drive there.) We were also close to all of our favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach. In the past, we weren't as close to our favorite places, so this was great for us. 2) The service!
By far, this is the greatest service we have received. We had to call the front desk for a few things (extra towels, dishwashing liquid, etc.) They were prompt and friendly in responding to our needs! 3) The pools! By far, the pools were much nicer here than any other place we have stayed. They had several kiddie pools and our older kids LOVED the pool slide. They also have several hot tubs (nice sized as well.) I'm kind of a private person and I don't usually like getting in a hot tub if several people are in it, but there was always a not so busy hot tub to dip in whenever I wanted to get in. 4)The rooms! We had a four bedroom unit on the 16th floor of the Cayman Tower. Very spacious. The interenet does not do this place justice. Online, the rooms look much smaller. The rooms are very spacious. The beds are very comfy, too. I do have to say though, the rooms aren't perfect. The cooling is not evenly distributed. One of the bedrooms was very cold while the master bedroom stayed very warm. I'm not quite sure why this happened, but we kept the "cold" bedroom patio door open to allow some of the coldness to escape. This seemed to help. Also, with having four bedrooms, we wished that each had their own bathroom. Two of the bathrooms had tubs/shower and the third bathroom had shower (no tub.) The kitchen wasn't as equipped as we had expected. No salt and pepper shakers, etc. Very scanty!! When we come back next year, we will know to bring some of our own utensils. Overall though, the rooms are awesome!! Very beautifully decorated and spacious. Very comfortable. The maid service was spectacular.
The hotel also has great beach access. Some hotels we have stayed in the past, we had to walk a pretty good distance to get there. This was much closer.
The elevators were never a problem for us either. We never had to wait very long.
The tiki hut was nice and we got Pina Coladas every day. They were about $6 something (without alcohol.)
Since we are fitness buffs, we utilized the exercise room every day! My major complaint about the resort is the fitness center. Based on previous reviews I had read before booking, I knew they had some issues with the fitness room. I called ahead to see if all of the equipment was in working order. At the time I called, they said, yes, everything is working. Our first day at the exercise room, both treadmills were down. The two elipticals and two bikes were working, though. I called the front desk immediately (from the exercise room) and told them about the treadmills. They immediately sent someone up to fix them. So, the first day was the only time I wasn't able to do the treadmill. My husband and I ran on the beach instead. The other days of the week, we were able to use the treadmills. They also have some free weights and a universal gym. There is a TV with remote in there and nice, cool air conditioning. I really think the exercise equipment issue would be resolved if they had someone monitoring it. Each day we were in there, there were older kids (teenagers) goofing off and messing with the equipment (not utilizing it properly.) So, this is an area I definitely think the resort could improve on. I can't totally complain though, because they did fix the treadmills after I called.
Lastly, loading and unloading can be nerve racking. They have limited loading and unloading space. They have very narrow parking spaces with a 15 minute time limit to load/unload. It was especially difficult when leaving to come home on Sunday because MANY people were leaving that day. We had to make a couple trips across the street with our luggage cart to load some of our stuff (until a spot became available in front of the resort.) We are going to try to do some loading the night before when we come back next year.
All in all, we loved this place and it was perfect for our family. The kids loved it and we were very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and this place is extremely clean!!! I would recommend it in a heartbeat. We also loved the fact that it is a non-smoking resort!!

Charleston, WV
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Stayed the week in the Caymen tower, the rooms are very nice. We had a 3 bedroom/2bathroom condo. There was more than enough space. Our unit had a washer and dryer, which is a definite plus when traveling with young children . The balcony was a very nice size with a great view. The parking garage is across the street and it was never a problem to get a parking spot. The location is very good, close to everything. The pool area is very nice , but a little overcrowded which is to be expected for Myrtle Beach this time of year. Only downside is some of the staff can be kinda rude. There is an outdoor water slide which is a big enclosed tube and some of the staff wouldn't let my husband take my 3 year old down the slide, they said he would have to go by himself which he was scared to do . But other staff said it was OK. When we was leaving we pulled up to the front to load our luggage and security rudely told us we needed to move, even though he could see we was loading our car. All in all a very good stay and would stay again .

1 Thank love2travel212121
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My family and I stayed here for a week, during the 2nd week of July 2009.
The hotel was very nice. the pools are a definate plus to this hotel.
3 swimming pools (1 under cover), 3 very large Hot tubs (2 under cover), 2 lazy rivers (1 under cover), 2 childrens pools/play areas (1 under cover), and a giant enclosed pool slide. At of them were nice and very clean with ample amounts of lounge chairs. Even during July there were parking spaces available ( we had 2 cars both were free parking), luggauge carts. The main pool was a little crowded, but not uncomfortable, and there where two more to choose from. Only real downside, the WIFI was jammed packed and connection was very slow, and no landline to tap into. At night and early in the morning when activity was lower the speed improved dramatically. Overall everything was very nice and I think we would pick to stay here again.

Raleigh, N.C.
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Part of our family stayed at the Caribbean the week of July 4th, 2009. The kids ( 9, 10, 14) loved all of the water activities - slides, lazy river, pools, hot tubs, etc. And the location, being directly behind the Broadway at the Beach, is an extra plus.
The staff was polite and helpful. The strawberry daiquiris are great but the pizza is terrible.
Avoid renting a room with the internet router for the floor; if it goes down, service has to come into fix it. That can be an inconvenience.

We'll be back to the Caribbean, that's for sure.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
TN
Reviewed July 11, 2009

It was ok...we stayed at Caymon Tower room 209 3 BR Deluxe Oceanfront Condo. We have been staying at the Breakers for the past few years. When I found this I thought it would be better. It was ok...but not really better. The water park is bigger with more things for the kids, but it's spread out so wide that if the kids want to go back and forth, you have to get up and take all your stuff and move with them in order to keep an eye on them. The chairs are jammed right at the pools which are either under the hotel or jammed up against it. By 10:00 am they are all filled up, Not nearly enough chairs fro the amount of people needing them. There is very little out door space to enjoy, each chair is within inches of the next one, and there is no grassy space, just concrete or wooden decks. With that said, my kids (age 6 boy and 11 girl) Loved the water park areas. Also they had a "kids club" that was great, my kids did some of the activities and I felt very safe knowing they were inside on the 3rd floor with several adults doing crafts or having a movie night. The staff at the hotel was wonderful, we needed some things and they were very quick to accomodate. The maids were so nice and easy to talk to and work with us. The room was wonderful, except the only kitchen trash can was the size of a bathroom trash can, we overflowed it daily. The washer lid doesn't have a magnet to keep it open while u load, so it kept hitting your hand. THE WIRELESS INTERNET WAS AWLFUL...hardly worked at all...took forever to do anything on it. The room was clean, and the beds were comfy, and the unit was spaceous. The loading zone was way to small, but it worked out. The parking garage was ok, I've read bad things about it , but we have a Yukon LX and it fit just fine. Not many pots to use, very sparce stuff to use in the kitchen. Overall, I think the cramped space on the outside is what gave us a bad feeling about this place. It was always packed and you had no space to just sit and talk to friends without being right on top of those around you. Nice but next year it's back to the Breakers.

1 Thank MissKitchen
Asheville, NC
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We just returned from our trip to the Caribbean Resort. We were there July 6-10, 2009. We stayed in the Dominican Tower (room 532). It was myself, my husband, our 11 yr old son and his friend who is also 11 yrs old. When we arrived at the hotel around 4pm the check in went very quickly and there were staff out front helping us unload onto the luggage carts (someone else said in a review no one was out there, there were staff all over helping people unload when we arrived ). We got to our room and the room was spotless! For the great price we got I wasnt expecting what we got!! The room was in perfect order and it was very clean!! I am very picky and I was pleasantly surpised! It was too good to be true, great price, great hotel, great amenities!! It was all here! When we went to the grocery store to get food, when we pulled up in front of the hotel, a staff member came over and helped us get the groceries to the room! Housekeeping staff was excellent, when i called down for extra pillows and blankets, they were at our room within 10 minutes. Every morning at 7 am the crews were out cleaning and hosing down the decks/pools! Elevators were quick, you may wait a few minutes but nothing longer than that. I liked that they had pool towels at all the entrances. If you have kids this place is wonderful. My son and his buddy loved the place, especially the NEW orange twisty waterslide!! I like that everything is connected. You dont have to walk thru a parking lot, etc to get to the next pool, it's all connected by decking! VERY NICE!!! We had a pina colada by the pool and the kids loved the Ice Cream Hut by the pool, they ordered shaved icees and dippin' dots :) In the room it is nice b/c the master bdroom has a door and the living area has a door, so my son and his friend slept on the pull out couch and the murphy bed in the living area, and they had their own tv and AC and we could shut their door and they could talk, goof off and not bother us! Our master bdrm had its own TV and AC as well. I would say this hotel is excellent for kids! Not so "romantic" b/c there are kids all over! There are two outdoor pools (one has the water slide), one outdoor lazy river, one indoor lazy river, one indoor pool, an indoor kiddie area with dumping buckets,etc, an outdoor kids area by the waterslide pool that has the submarine and mushroom with water coming down, and there are four huge hottubs! I liked that the hot tubs were not the typical small round type and you are sitting next to someone strange. They are like mini pools with the jets all around, so there is plenty of room in them!

3 Thank nelson261