Of the numerous locations to stay on the beach in Myrtle Beach, this is an excellent location as it is far enough from the main strip that you avoid all the traffic and rowdy crowds. And it is close enough to numerous places to walk, eat and shop. Given that it is the last sizable property the beach offers plenty of room and space to play, relax and swim.
The facility is well maintained and clean. We stayed in a 2-bedroom angled room facing north. Huge living area and spectacular views, especially the sunrise.
We have twin 15-month old twins and the staff was accommodating providing us with two pack-n-plays. The indoor heated baby pool was perfect for them to play in.
As a "resort" we did expect a few more traditional and common services that were woefully lacking and disappointing:
1) No bell staff to help unload or load luggage. We never did find a self-service luggage cart when we arrived and unloaded, even after waiting 30 minutes. During our entire stay we never saw more than two carts available. It's a major hassle to unload as there are 6 places to park your car up front and the driveway is tight. A major hassle to unload and load, especially for a family.
2) Lack of food on site. Aside from the Tiki Bar food (more on that next), there is nothing on the property to eat other than heading to the more upscale restaurant next door or Starbucks across the street. We never ventured into the Yogurt place as we never saw any customers in it and it looked sterile and uninviting. For those times when you don't want to take a drive or long walk to eat, cook in your room or order pizza delivery, there are no other options.
3) The Tiki Bar is woefully lacking. It's basically an uninspired covered area at the far end of the pool (nothing "Tiki" about it other than in name only) with a very limited food and drink menu, long lines to order, long wait times to get your food. No poolside service of any type is available . The food is just above being non-eatable. How a menu on only a hot dog or hamburger could be that bad at a "resort" is beyond our comprehension. It would be so easy for them to upgrade the food and drink menu and significantly enhance the experience (and their profits).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on ocean front, the Caribbean Resort & Villas is comprised of four separate buildings: the Dominican tower, the Cayman tower, the Chelsea Villas and the Jamaican building. Our Jamaican building is a four story structure that offers ocean view and ocean front rooms. Our Dominican tower features suites with two doubles or one king bed, an upgraded full kitchen, and living room with a comfortable sleeper sofa and a breathtaking ocean front view. Our Cayman tower offers two-three-and four bedroom condos with various bedding to suit your every need. Our Chelsea Villas our located across the street from the Cayman and Dominican towers. These villas feature two and three bedroom condos (Bedding varies in each unit.) Our guests will enjoy our spacious oceanfront pool deck with indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor lazy river, tiki bar, Jacuzzis and waterpark with an adult-size waterslide and silly submarine. During the summer children enjoy our supervised activity program where they can create crafts and take part in fun games. We are minutes from area golf courses, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caribbean Resort And Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort And Villas Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Caribbean Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Carribean
- Caribbean Myrtle Beach