“Love this location”

Caribbean Resort And Villas
Ranked #26 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Aside of check-in taking awhile and the room not being ready until later afternoon, we always have a blast at this resort. The indoor and outdoor pools are perfect of you aren't an ocean person. The condo is a 4-bedroom with a nice kitchen and washer/dryer. Great location on the beach too.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Diamosd,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, and more importantly, for staying at the Caribbean Resort & Villas! Your feedback in regards to the check-in process is appreciated, as we are continuously trying to improve our guests experience. We take pride in our extensive beach access and central location and glad you were able to take full advantage of both! We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort!

Stephen Youngerman
Asst. Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Caribbean Resort And Villas

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was our third time here and we didn't even consider any other hotels when we booked the vacation. We always stay in the Dominican Tower and get a 1 bedroom king suite. I really like the oceanfront balcony, full kitchen, and the separate rooms so I can go to bed early while my husband stays up to watch football, and he can sleep in while I'm up early to watch the sunrise. This trip I had requested a high floor and room further down so the sunrise view isn't blocked by the balconies of the other tower, and was very happy that we got both of our requests. Free parking and wifi is nice. There's lots of pools, lazy rivers and hot tubs to choose from so none ever seem very busy, but we're always there in September so I'm not sure if it's much worse in the summer. We had friends come down for a few hours one day and I checked with the front desk to see if guests were allowed and if they needed passes, and they were very nice about it. Other places I've stayed at have said either no visitors or they charged a lot per visitor, but here they were only going to charge $2 per wristband so the kids could play in the pools and it would be refunded when the bracelet was returned. However, since they were out of bracelets for the season, that wasn't even needed which was great. The only slight problem this trip was that the room was VERY humid and had a weird smell. I don't remember this issue before, so it must just be something weird going on in that room. There was no vacancy the first night or two we were there, but if it was a problem I'm sure after that we could have moved to another room but it wasn't enough of a problem to warrant a move. Other than that everything was fantastic and we always recommend this place to friends who will be in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Sapphire226,

Thank you very much for giving this feedback about The Caribbean Resort and Villas. We take a lot of pleasure in knowing that our guests have a fantastic experience at the resort, and it is very humbling to read that you will not even consider another hotel for your vacations to Myrtle Beach.

In regards to the humidity/odor you had in your room, I must ask that you always let us know at the front desk. We want to resolve all issues for our guests, no matter how big or small.

On behalf of everyone at The Caribbean Resort, I would like to express our gratitude for this excellent review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Jamaican building. It was quiet with great views. I wish they had screen doors so I could have slept with the glass door open to hear the ocean, though. We really enjoyed this resort. We were right on the beach. They have 5 hot tubs, which was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear jeanmarie1973,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Jamaican building here at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. All suggestions are very appreciated, so we will keep yours in mind as we continue to adapt and grow in the future. Thank you so much for this review, and we hope you will come back to the resort soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my 7th time staying at the Caribbean over the last 20 years and it still is a great hotel. Everyone, and I mean everyone connected to the hotel are very nice and friendly. At check in they had me in a room on the 3rd floor and I asked if we could go higher for the view. With a smile I was moved to the 11th floor by reception. I do love the view from the balcony when your higher up. During our stay we had 2 minor issues for which we had to call housekeeping, and both times it was taken care of within 15 minutes. Then there are the pools which are kept so clean and the easy access to the beach. This was our first time in MB after labor day, and what a difference. Guessing about a third of the amount of people on the beach and in the restaurants. Don't think I will every go in August like I did previously. What else can I say but that it was like coming home after our day on the sand or after shopping and eating. In my opinon, the Caribbean helped make this another very enjoyable vacation.

Room Tip: The higher the better for great views of the ocean and the beach.
1  Thank dodgernut
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear dodgernut,

It is truly an honor to read that you feel so comfortable at our resort. We strive to deliver great service, across the board, to make each and every stay a happy one. Here at The Caribbean Resort we also try to fulfill every request we can. For that reason, I would like to recommend that you place a floor request next time you book, so that you will not have to worry about changing it at check-in. We appreciate that you took the time to provide this feedback, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is the second year we stayed in the Dominican Tower and enjoyed it as much, or even more, than last year. We love the layout of the suite, since I stay up late and my husband is an early riser, the doors shutting off the different areas work perfectly for us. The view of the sunrises and the full moon over the ocean from the 11th floor balcony is breath taking. The full kitchen makes it perfect when you don't want to go out to eat. We will definitely be back next year.

Dear em_0913,

Thank you so much for this sterling review of our resort. I am pleased to discover that the two of you were so satisfied with your accommodations in our Dominican Tower here at The Caribbean Resort and Villas. We are honored to know that you will be coming back again, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in a 3 bedroom oceanfront- It was very spacious and the housekeeping employees are very friendly. I would stay here again. They have an outside lazy river and an inside lazy river, a kiddie pool (2) one on inside and one on outside and a bigger slide for the kids. And they also have 4 hotpools and 3 regular pools.The only they about it is that there is a parking deck across the road that you have to park at

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Priscilla B,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything we have to offer here at The Caribbean Resort and Villas. I am go glad that your family had such a great time. It is always fulfilling to hear that our guests want to return to our resort again in the future. Thank you very much for writing this review, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our family of 5 was at the Caribbean resort the week of August 11. We stayed in a very clean 2 bedroom ocean front room. There was plenty of room for all of us and we used the full kitchen everyday. This hotel is at the intersection of Ocean Blvd and 30th avenue, you can walk to Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Rite-Aid and many many "beach" stores like Eagles, Whale and Pacific that all seem to sell the same stuff but all at different prices. The only minor complaints we had was the amount of vehicle traffic in the drop-off zone near the main entrance and trying to find a spot in the garage across the street was a challenge but we did always find a spot. Boardwalk at the beach is also very close, a 5 minute drive up 29th Ave. I recommend this location and look forward to coming back again.

Room Tip: Elevators can get very busy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear JOM_Dad,

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here at The Caribbean Resort. It seems that you thoroughly enjoyed all of our amenities, as well as our great location. I am sorry you experienced trouble in our registration parking lot. I can assure you that our recreation staff works very hard to maintain the smoothest possible traffic flow, but there are a few occasions when many people arrive/depart at the same time. Thank you so much for writing this review, and we hope to see you again soon!