“Nice time”

Caribbean Resort And Villas
Ranked #27 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Nice time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2004

I just got back from the Caribbean Resort. We stayed there from Feb 26 to March 1. It was my husband, our three year old son and myself. We had the oceanfront two-room suite, with the king bed. It wa a older hotel and the funiture was staring to wear. But we had a nice stay. The only thing we did not like was that we had to walk out of our room to get to the pools and lazy river. It would not be bad in the summer but I would try some place else next time we went during the winter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2004

me and my soon to be husband went there for christmas and we had such a blast if u want to have fun with family and children this is the place for u and ur family should go they have nice place

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2003

In November, my family stayed here for the weekend. It was nice, clean, and sufficient for the time that we actually spent in the hotel. My only issue is that it is not an "indoor" hotel, meaning that if you go in the winter, you'll constantly be in cold, whether going to the front desk, to the indoor pool, arcade, or across the street to the parking lot. The staff was friendly and the view of the sunrise was awesome.
For first time visitors to Myrtle Beach, be aware that most beachfront hotels are old and a little dingy, so don't expect Hilton or Marriott sophistication.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
plains, pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2003

wonderful place, poolside bar is out of this world. Every evening our kids swim and my wife and i had drinks poolside and watched the kids swim, totally a family resort, and not to forget the lazy river that my 7 year old son dreams about every night. the staff is freindly and courtious, elevators do seem a little slow, i stayed here in 1999 in june and august 03, this evening i found this site cause i am reserving my room for the 1st and 2nd week of 04 , what a place for a family vacation, dont hesitate pack the car get the kids and join us there ill buy ya a margarita

2 Thank patveela
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2003

I will not be back to this hotel! I've been going to this hotel for years and slowly it has been getting worse. The accommodations are dirty, the maid staff is indifferent and the front desk was extremely rude! They talk to you like you're children! I thought this was supposed to be southern hospitality. If this is southern hospitality, I hate to see southern hostility. I can't imagine why a hotel would be so rude, there are literally tons of hotels on the beach, and new ones popping up all the time. I don't expect to be treated like a princess when I'm on vacation. However, I do expect simple kindness and consideration.I will not give the Caribbean another dime of my money.
I'm going to another hotel for my trip to Myrtle Beach in a few months!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2003

Escorted group of 48 from Virginia Nov. 18-20, 2003. Everyone pleased with accommodations at Caribbean Resort. Enjoyed 3 Christmas shows, good food and shopping. Tour sponsored by Brookneal Woman's Club and Shenandoah Tours. Betty Rogers

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Groton, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2003

We've been coming to Myrtle Beach for three years at spring break time.
We've tried a new hotel each year. This hotel was great for a family of five, it had a decent sleep space, a well stocked kitchen, and a decent sized ocean front balcony. The pool, lazy river, kids playground, and the hot tubs are all beachfront and all together, not like some hotels which split them up in different areas, so it was easy to keep an eye on my older and younger children. The pools were clean and the indoor pool was a good size as well. This hotel was situated on a decent stretch that was not too busy and was close to plenty of shops and restaurants. The price was about $15 a night more than other places we had stayed, but it was worth it to have all the outdoor activities in one area. A little bit of a pain to have our car across the street when retrieving items, and the parking area for check in was very tight, but all in all this is a good family hotel.

4 Thank NYJacki