We love MB and have stayed in a lot of hotels there. The CRV was nice and clean. We were in Cayman which is the newer tower. The 3bdr was quite roomy and the beds slept great. No maintenance issues and the maids were great. Young kids will have a blast in the pools; we liked the North pool the best as it was the quietest!
Okay, now for some needed perks-- At $450 a night, most resorts would at least give a condo room a starter packet of coffee/creams and sugars, starter roll of paper towels, dish soap and laundry detergent. I was disappointed none of those things were offered (but we did get dishwasher packets) So bring all of those things with you, plus salt and pepper! . I just felt nickel and dimed by those omissions.
I also agree with another reviewer who commented about the 45-50 minute wait for a burger at the burger shack. That was unbelievable! I saw one person grilling maybe three burgers at a time. Now, this is a huge resort, with tons of people, and this shack is the only place to get something to eat! (unless you want to yank everyone out of the pool, get dry and dressed and go to Sea Captains next door. Unlikely, right?) So I asked the bartender why the wait was so long, and he said he had also asked his manager about this problem. So why hasn't the CRV management addressed this issue? The snack bar needs to be expanded and needs more staff to cook the food for the masses! Come on-- fix this! It's not as though you don't know how many people are in the 'resort' for the week. (Skip Sea Captains--yechh)
Last- we left a wallet in our room. The management did a great job finding it and getting it back to us--including the cash in the wallet! That speaks volumes! I would recommend this place and only hope the management will respond to my 'minor' issues!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on ocean front, the Caribbean Resort & Villas is comprised of four separate buildings: the Dominican tower, the Cayman tower, the Chelsea Villas and the Jamaican building. Our Jamaican building is a four story structure that offers ocean view and ocean front rooms. Our Dominican tower features suites with two doubles or one king bed, an upgraded full kitchen, and living room with a comfortable sleeper sofa and a breathtaking ocean front view. Our Cayman tower offers two-three-and four bedroom condos with various bedding to suit your every need. Our Chelsea Villas our located across the street from the Cayman and Dominican towers. These villas feature two and three bedroom condos (Bedding varies in each unit.) Our guests will enjoy our spacious oceanfront pool deck with indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor lazy river, tiki bar, Jacuzzis and waterpark with an adult-size waterslide and silly submarine. During the summer children enjoy our supervised activity program where they can create crafts and take part in fun games. We are minutes from area golf courses, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Caribbean Resort And Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort And Villas Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Caribbean Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Carribean
- Caribbean Myrtle Beach