Let me start with the good. The housekeeping was very good. The housekeeper's name was Rose and she was exceptional and very friendly. Also, the rooms were in slightly better shape than the two other resort where I've stayed (Compass Cove and Coral Beach). The elevator situation was much better than others I've experienced in MB...more of them and seemed faster. The location was also very nice at the north end. A bit more quiet and the beach was not too crowded.
There were a few things that bothered me significantly and would likely keep me from returning. First, the smoking was HORRIBLE. There was one sign that said smoking wasn't allowed on the pool deck, but no one paid attention to it...neither the guests nor the staff. If it was a rule, it certainly wasn't enforced. And it was gross to the point of distraction. Many guests even smoked IN the pools and while going down the lazy river. I realize that it is a personal choice and that management cannot control who their guests are, but there just has to be a better system to keep smokers and non-smokers both happy. At Maryland resorts, they separate the outdoor areas for smoking and non-smoking.
The resort has banned smoking in the rooms but still allows it on the balconies. This meant that it was impossible to sit on your balcony and enjoy the view or the "fresh" air...particularly in the evening. We couldn't even leave our balcony door open to listen to the waves...the smoke was really that bad.
Also, there were numerous signs at the pool that said "chair saving" wasn't allowed. However, it also wasn't enforced. Many parties sent an early riser down to save chairs that they then didn't use...sometime all day. This caused a significant chair shortage. By 10am, I had difficulty finding 2 chairs together (and I was there this past week...hardly high season). Management needs to either buy more chairs, or enforce the no saving rule.
The pools are open until midnight. This meant that tweens and teens would come screaming down the hallways at 12:15am. And with the suites, the bedrooms are right on those hallways, making it difficult to sleep before they all settle in. Again, not the hotel's fault per se. However, a little more management presence might have quieted things down a bit. Or closing the pools a bit earlier might have made it a bit more bearable.
Given that there are so many resorts to choose from, I will likely not return to the Caribbean because of these two issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on ocean front, the Caribbean Resort & Villas is comprised of four separate buildings: the Dominican tower, the Cayman tower, the Chelsea Villas and the Jamaican building. Our Jamaican building is a four story structure that offers ocean view and ocean front rooms. Our Dominican tower features suites with two doubles or one king bed, an upgraded full kitchen, and living room with a comfortable sleeper sofa and a breathtaking ocean front view. Our Cayman tower offers two-three-and four bedroom condos with various bedding to suit your every need. Our Chelsea Villas our located across the street from the Cayman and Dominican towers. These villas feature two and three bedroom condos (Bedding varies in each unit.) Our guests will enjoy our spacious oceanfront pool deck with indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor lazy river, tiki bar, Jacuzzis and waterpark with an adult-size waterslide and silly submarine. During the summer children enjoy our supervised activity program where they can create crafts and take part in fun games. We are minutes from area golf courses, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Caribbean Resort And Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort And Villas Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Caribbean Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Carribean
- Caribbean Myrtle Beach