“Very Good except for Friday Nite” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caribbean Resort And Villas

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Caribbean Resort And Villas
Ranked #27 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Massillon, Ohio
“Very Good except for Friday Nite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed the week of May 12th.......overall Sunday through Thursday was very nice and a great experience, not many people and quiet.........however, Friday nite was very uncontrolled...........young people making a lot of noise and running around inside and outside.......More needs to be done to attempt to keep the noise down on weekends. The hotel needs to do more on Friday and Saturday nites to control things.

Also, for some reason the handicapped parking section (parking deck) was turned over to the biggest noisemakers in Myrtle our last couple of days---the Bikers with no baffles to muffle their sound........why on God's green earth are "bikers" given parking priority over the handicapped"?

Room Tip: Don't go on a weekend............and if you do, get a higher up room for less noise.
1 Thank rlw1141
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear rlw1141,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay with us at the Caribbean Resort! We truly do apologize that it was very loud during bike week here in Myrtle Beach. In order to keep the bikes controlled we need to contain them in one area. During this time we do have alternate parking for our handicap guests. We are so sorry that this was an issue for you. I also do apologize that you felt the noise level was not controlled by our security staff. I will absolutely be sure to address this issue. I would recommend coming to stay with us at a different time next year. Thank you very much for your review. We hope to see you back here soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My mom, sister, and I visited this hotel on Mother's Day weekend. I purchase our hotel stay from Groupon. Based on the photos, the hotel looked very nice. If you are staying at this hotel, please find out if you are staying in the main hotel or in the Jamaican "villas" before you visit. The Jamaican rooms ("villas") are in an old motel that is has been recently "renovated". While the room we stayed in was not terrible, it was not appealing either. The room smelled moldy and there were gnats flying around. Plus, it was hard to get a good night's sleep because of the noise outside. I will not stay here again.

3 Thank Hamil35
Dear Hamil35,

We truly do apologize that you felt the room was not up to your standards. While we did do renovations in the Jamaican Motor Inn about a year ago, it is still an older building. On the Caribbean Resort website we do not advertise the Jamaican Motor Inn as "Villas" but instead as standard hotel rooms. We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We do hope that you give us the opportunity to make your next stay wonderful. Please feel free to give us a call directly at the Resort in order to make sure you receive the correct accommodations. Thank you very much.
newcastle upon tyne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I just got off the phone with the front desk (May 18,2013) about our upcoming trip to Caribbean Resorts. I had a mix up with my reservations. Even though I realized I was calling at check in time and offered to call back at a better time, my mix up was taken care of with such ease and perfect customer service. Thank you to the front desk employee, Spike. Now I am even more excited for our vacation. This will be our second vacation at Caribbean Resorts.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kathryn509
Dear Kare24,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com! We are thrilled to hear that our front desk staff was able to assist you with your reservation. Thank you for mentioning the great customer service that Spike offered you. Spike has been with the Caribbean Resort for a while now and he sure is a valued employee. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Barboursville, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was on a golfing vacation with 38 of my friends. We stayed at this property in the Cayman tower. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The maid service was excellent. Next door is the Sea Captains Restaurant. The morning buffet is awesome. The price was included in our package, but anyone can eat there for only around $10. Free garage parking included. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient on check-in and check-out.

Room Tip: Stay in the Cayman Tower.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robert M
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Robert M,

We are so pleased to hear that you had a great golf vacation with us at the Caribbean Resort! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We hope to see you back here in the future!
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have stayed at the Caribbean Resort annually for 15 years. It was a very nice place in the early years of our stays and back then we rented efficiency rooms. Over the years the Caribbean has enlarged and just keeps improving. We have rented in the Dominican Tower for the last 12 years and love it! Housekeeping staff have always been great! Response to requests are timely by all staff. Outdoor decks and pools are the best of any resort in which we've stayed. Always music playing, pools are clean and area is well maintained. We now stay at least 2 weeks as we love being there. Captain's House cannot be beat and we've enjoyed many dinners there.

Room Tip: All Dominican rooms are oceanfront. We prefer above 5th floor for quiet and views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sebastian82618
Dear sebastian82618,

WOW! We are thrilled to hear that you have been staying with us at the Caribbean Resort for over 12 years! Thank you so much for being such a loyal guest. We truly do appreciate your business. Come back and see us soon!
Midland, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our first trip to Myrtle Beach. We were on the tenth floor of the Dominican Tower with a balcony facing the beach. There was a lot of noise and crazy people running around our floor in the middle of the night. Our safe was not attached to the wall, so despite obtaining a lock and key from the front desk, if someone wanted what was in the safe, they could just walk away with the entire thing. Our toilet had major issues flushing, and our tub didn't drain, so we were always standing in 2-3 inches of water in the shower. The bed and pillows weren't that comfortable, and the room could definitely use some detailed cleaning. Our TV in the bedroom was fuzzy. My husband tried to fix it and noticed the cord was broken. Our main requirement was a balcony on the beach, which we got, but I bet for a few more dollars, we could find a clean room with a working safe, television, and plumbing elsewhere on the beach.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mandalin10
Dear amandawilbur1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience on TripAdvisor. It seems that you encountered many issues during your past stay with us and for that I truly do apologize. All of the safes in the Dominican should be bolted to the floor and I am so sorry if that was not the case with your. I am not sure if you reported any of these issues but we would have been more then pleased to fix them. We absolutely would like you to stay with us again. I would consider staying in the Cayman tower next time because the building is fairly new. Once again I so apologize for these issues and I do hope you give us the opportunity to make your next stay wonderful.
ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Family gathering: in total abt 8 2-3 bedroom condos. When we arrived the place looked good from outside. The staff outdoors in parking lot very nice and helpful. We go to desk to check in and there is 1 person at the desk. Someone was getting checked in I was waiting behind someone and then 2 more families came in after me. Then Spike calked for help. One female Tiffany I believe came out no smile nor friendly. I ended up with spike who seemed smug def not a ppl person. Fast forward to the rooms as soon as I walked in the room had a horrible stench I don't know if its mildew or what. I call the front desk and they send the supervisor up with a bottle of spray O_o we had balconies that were infested with bugs when brought to their attn at the desk they said ohh there back!!The first nights sleep horrid. I was bitten all over my legs by bugs. I called the desk again and went and got some alcohol wipes the staff was so uncaring I was baffled. My brother found a bug in his bed also but keyword he found it prior to getting in the bed. My legs are awful. Red and itchy!!!!Oh and housekeeping was a joke. The pool areas in and out were a delight. The sea captain next door was awesome we had 2 breakfasts free a day and kids were 3.95 for buffet . Selection was great, and the omelette chefs were awesome. Actualky everyone at the sea captain was great. For a hotel review alone I would rate this place POOR but the location is good the outdoor area is great snd the sea captsin restaurant save this place. And when paying close to 800 for 3 nights service all around should be BE SUPERB AT ALL COSTS! Please revisit cleanliness and customer service the bugs and smell weren't the issue as much as when it was brought to there attn the couldnt care less. Sad service.mi enjoyed my family so I overlooked things not to cause a big stank but would have to look at other options due to service. Ps..don't pay balance in cash they will hold another 100 dollars..on your card don't ask me why, the dep was on a credit card so I didnt get that...

Room Tip: Ocean front, I had a angled room. Didnt care for location, it was on the front side of bldg with a...
1 Thank nat s
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear nat s,

We are truly sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with us at the Caribbean Resort. It troubles me to hear about the issues you encountered during your past stay. I would first like to address the customer service at the front desk. We pride ourselves on wonderful customer service throughout the resort so I am baffled to hear that our staff did not live up to these standards. I will absolutely be sure to address these issues immediately. I am not sure if there was a miscommunication between the front desk and housekeeping and that is why these issues were not taken care of but I can assure you that this will be addressed. I would really appreciate it if you could contact me at the Resort in order to get some more details on the matter. Once again I truly do apologize. Considering you do love our amenities, location and Sea Captain’s House Restaurant, I do hope you give us the opportunity to make your next stay great.