“Great stay”

Caribbean Resort And Villas
Ranked #26 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Everything was great! The room was very clean and affordable. Ms. Fuller and her staff were very helpful and made our vacation comfortable.The indoor pools were very nice for cold or rainy weather.Most places were in walking distance. I honestly had a wonderful time and would recomend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Taiwain T
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Taiwain T,

We are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us! Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your past experience at the Caribbean Resort. I would definitely recommend coming back to stay with us in the summer when all the outdoor amenities are open as well. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and our children stayed at this hotel for 5 nights over the summer. Of course the view is amazing from the ocean front rooms and the price is comparable among the other resorts. They do have a lazy river and pools for the kids to enjoy as well as the ocean of course! The resort is like others in Myrtle beach and has a little wear and tear, but it was very clean and suited our needs, especially with the full kitchen and pull out couch. I would definitley return and look forward to spending another week there.

Room Tip: This resort does have a building across the street, but none of these rooms are oceanfront. We didn...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear MelissaP940,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Caribbean Resort and Villas! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all that we have to offer. I do agree that the ocean views are gorgeous from almost all the units here. We are currently in the process of doing some updates to the units because of the wear and tear over the years. Once again thank you for writing a great review! We will see you in the summer.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

He stayed at the Caribbean on February 23 for my husband's birthday. We didn't have a reservation and checked in around 6:30 pm. The young lady that helped us was very sweet and our rate was definitely not "dirt cheap", but was reasonable. We were on the top floor with an ocean view. Both the bed in the bedroom and the Murphy bed were very comfortable. Kitchen was clean and updated. Nice TVs. Excellent restaurant next door owned by the same family. Pool was cute and well maintained. I would have liked if they had coffee and tea in the lobby instead of having to make it in your room. One drawback is there are no convenience stores nearby.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the new building if you can. The older building has outside walkways which can be a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lynsey29732,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We recently updated the unit you stayed in so I am glad that it was comfortable for you. Sea Captain's is a wonderful restaurant and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed their food.

Thank you for mentioning the coffee and tea suggestion. I will absolutely be sure to take this into consideration for our guests. We hope to see you back here in the future!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had our February golf trip to Myrtle Beach and stayed at the Caribbean again. Without a doubt we will be back there again in 2014. The golf department people are fantastic to work with and put together a great trip for us. With 16 people who enjoy different things the Caribbean offers it all - exercise room, business center, pool, hot tub and excellent service. Stayed in the Caymen Towers and the condos are excellent for 4 people to come back from golf to relax or entertain.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tom T

Dear Tom T,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful golf vacation with us! I am so pleased that you will be back in 2014 as well! Our staff works very hard to make your vacation an enjoyable one so thank you for acknowledging that. I am glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities that the Caribbean Resort has to offer. We will see you next year!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Planning this year's Spring Break and disappointed to see that I didn't book in time! Stayed in an Oceanfront 3-bedroom unit last year April and LOVED it! Beautiful views of the ocean from the master bedroom and living room (often slept with the balcony door cracked to hear the waves), kids had nice rooms with TVs, washer and dryer was handy for sandy clothes and the kitchen was nicely equipped, as we often cooked breakfast in the morning. Unit was clean, up-to-date and the beds were comfy.

The indoor & outdoor pools were great too! Kids loved the water slides the most. We spent the majority of our day going from beach to pool and back to beach. Plenty of things to keep them busy without leaving the resort during the day.

Parking convenient (across the street) and the Caribbean is located on the "quieter" side, in my opinion, so it was easy to come and go when needed.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is worth the extra money. Request the main towers - Jamacian is across the street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank christibish

Dear Christibish,

It is very disappointing to hear that you did not book in time for spring break this year! Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your past experience with us at the Caribbean Resort. I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed all that the we have to offer. I do hope that a room will open up for you so that you can enjoy another great vacation with us. Once again thank you for writing such a great review! We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed in the "Jamaican" wing, 4th floor, which did offer ocean views, but was in need of updating (the fridge was disgusting) and is adjacent to the restaurant and not attached to main hirise building. There was a noisy generator in this old building which caused the room to vibrate at times ( DISCLOSURE: I did NOT ask to be moved, as I only stayed 2 nights, so I did not give the hotel the chance to correct the situation),
After doing some research, I must acknowledge that the Caribbean Resort is not the only hotel which practices what I am about to describe: In addition to the mandatory state and county taxes, CR imposes an additional $8.00 "service fee" to its room cost. For this charge, I received no service other than
that of being checked in at the front desk. This cash grab can inflate the cost of the room by as much as 12%. Other hotels have different charges, some more, and some less, and some none at all....even the "mandatory" taxes varied from hotel to hotel, some appearing to charge as much as 18%, some as little as 12%, I guess it is all about revenue flow.
The beach is pleasant, there is much to do, and the piers are enjoyable, but I found Myrtle Beach to be very commercialized, and I will not return.
I like full transparency.

Room Tip: The Jamaican wing is well-removed from the main building, but it does offer lovely ocean/beach views
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nigel G

Dear Nigel G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this informational review. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered in the Jamaican Building. I would like to inform you that within the past week we have updated the kitchens in these units. We truly do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

In regards to the resort service fee, you are correct that it does vary from hotel to hotel. Considering we have many amenities here we do charge a fee of $6.00 per day. The state of South Caroline also charges a 13% tax which brings this fee to $6.78 per day. The city of Myrtle Beach just added a $1.13 fee per night for every resort in the area as well. These fees total $7.91 per day at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. Depending on which amenities a hotel has to offer this resort service fee is subject to change. I do hope this clarifies the reasoning behind these charges.

Once again thank you for your review. I do hope we can better serve you in the future when you stay with us at the Caribbean Resort.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I planned a trip to Myrtle Beach for New Years and we were not disappointed. We stayed in the Jamaican villa. The room was clean and comfortable. The decor was pleasing and the view of the ocean from the balcony was picturesque. The staff provided great service. We are looking forward to our next visit and will definitely stay at the Caribbean resort and villas. When you visit be sure to have the breakfast buffet at the Captain's House.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trina B
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Trina B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Caribbean Resort and Villas! We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful vacation with us in the Jamaican Building. We have recently rennovated those units so I am very glad that you enjoyed the updates. We look forward to seeing you in the future!