Caribbean Resort And Villas
$256
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$313
$269
$229
$289
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$332
Official Site
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$287
$274
Grande Shores Ocean Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$259
$212
$179
The Caravelle Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$219
  • Pool
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$249
3,364 results
All reviewsdominican towerchelsea housesea captainacross the streetd'ann laddlazy riverocean frontgolf directorbedroom condomurphy bedgolf packagepool areagreat place to stayfull kitchenhot tubfamily vacationmain building
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed in the "Jamaican" wing, 4th floor, which did offer ocean views, but was in need of updating (the fridge was disgusting) and is adjacent to the restaurant and not attached to main hirise building. There was a noisy generator in this old building which caused the room to vibrate at times ( DISCLOSURE: I did NOT ask to be moved, as I only stayed 2 nights, so I did not give the hotel the chance to correct the situation),
After doing some research, I must acknowledge that the Caribbean Resort is not the only hotel which practices what I am about to describe: In addition to the mandatory state and county taxes, CR imposes an additional $8.00 "service fee" to its room cost. For this charge, I received no service other than
that of being checked in at the front desk. This cash grab can inflate the cost of the room by as much as 12%. Other hotels have different charges, some more, and some less, and some none at all....even the "mandatory" taxes varied from hotel to hotel, some appearing to charge as much as 18%, some as little as 12%, I guess it is all about revenue flow.
The beach is pleasant, there is much to do, and the piers are enjoyable, but I found Myrtle Beach to be very commercialized, and I will not return.
I like full transparency.

Room Tip: The Jamaican wing is well-removed from the main building, but it does offer lovely ocean/beach views
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nigel G
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Nigel G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this informational review. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered in the Jamaican Building. I would like to inform you that within the past week we have updated the kitchens in these units. We truly do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

In regards to the resort service fee, you are correct that it does vary from hotel to hotel. Considering we have many amenities here we do charge a fee of $6.00 per day. The state of South Caroline also charges a 13% tax which brings this fee to $6.78 per day. The city of Myrtle Beach just added a $1.13 fee per night for every resort in the area as well. These fees total $7.91 per day at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. Depending on which amenities a hotel has to offer this resort service fee is subject to change. I do hope this clarifies the reasoning behind these charges.

Once again thank you for your review. I do hope we can better serve you in the future when you stay with us at the Caribbean Resort.

Megan Mechanic

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I planned a trip to Myrtle Beach for New Years and we were not disappointed. We stayed in the Jamaican villa. The room was clean and comfortable. The decor was pleasing and the view of the ocean from the balcony was picturesque. The staff provided great service. We are looking forward to our next visit and will definitely stay at the Caribbean resort and villas. When you visit be sure to have the breakfast buffet at the Captain's House.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trina B
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Trina B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Caribbean Resort and Villas! We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful vacation with us in the Jamaican Building. We have recently rennovated those units so I am very glad that you enjoyed the updates. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We visited the Carribean Resort in October 2012 and have already booked another vacation in May 2013. We had a great visit and are looking forward to our next one! Fabulous views of the Atlantic and large well maintained rooms and a gorgeous property. The service was all around top rate with friendly and knowlegable staff from the front desk to the maid service. Great Southern Hospitality !! Love, love, love the breakfast buffet at Sea Captain.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Colleen V

Dear Colleen,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a great vacation with us at the Caribbean Resort. We are so pleased that our staff offered you great customer service during your stay! I love the breakfast at the Sea Captains as well! Thank you for writing this wonderful review! We will see you soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My children had a long weekend "winter break" from school at the beginning of February 2013. I was looking for a vacation package that would be fun and affordable. We hit the jackpot with Caribbean Resort. I know how busy the volume can get at the beach in the summer and many of the OTHER beach properties furnishings look worn and in some cases down right dirty. Not the case at the Caribbean! We had a 2 BR, angle ocean view that was spacious and well maintained. From the halls, the carpets, the bedding and the furniture were all in excellent condition! The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Always greeting you with a smile as you come and go. I and my children were impressed with the pools. The lazy river is nice and the other pools are great as well! The Sea Captains's house was great for meals too. We think we have found a new summer vacation spot!
Thanks!
Michelle

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Michelle L

Dear Michelle,

We are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful winter vacation with us! Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review. Our staff works very hard to make your vacation an enjoyable one so thank you very much for noticing that. I bet the children would love our water slide and kids club program that is open in the summer season. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just returned to the cold snowy northeast after spending one of the best vacations my wife and I have experienced! We spent the month of January, 2013 here.
We had a 3 bdrm OF unit on the 2nd floor that was ideal. Well appointed with maid service provided. Met wonderful people from all over the US.
Waking up to gorgeous sunrises and listening to waves crashing on beach is a delight. The indoor pool area is wonderful. This resort has an activity program that is very good. Long walks on beach and early morning swims in the indoor pools each day helped us keep physically fit.
The staff was superb! Friendly and always willng to help!
One suggestion we would have is to replace carpeting in the units and perhaps an upgrade of the chairs.
We hope to return to Myrtle Beach and The Caribbean Resort next January and possibly for the month of Feb. too!
Overall, a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: If one choose lower floors, you may have to contend with indoor pool noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cow3pie
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Cow3pie,

Thank you very much for such a great review! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful vacation with us and that you met wonderful people in the area. I believe we will be doing some more updates to these units next year so thank you very much for your suggestions. We look forward to seeing you in the future!