“Frequent guests”

Caribbean Resort And Villas
Ranked #26 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Caribbean several times and always enjoy it. This was our first year renting a condo from a private owner so we had no daily maid service. Although all the housekeeping staff and all staff in general were very friendly and courteous. We love the location (very close to Broadway). The pools are spread out which helps a lot during prime season. We highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank MUfan1279
Write a ReviewReviews (3,228)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We came to Myrtle Beach for the first time last year and stop here to grab some info and one other hotel for next time looking at the outside and lobby appearances. When I went to book a room for this year I researched hte reviews and 'stars'. Unfortunatley, we had a BAD excperience. First, I booked what was suppose to be an Ocean Front room and wasn't. Our room over looked a shabby motel or store/resturant. If you stand on the balcony and look over the side then you can see our "Ocean View". Second, our room was all the way at the end of the hotel's ground in the 'Jamacan'. This end looks entirely different then the rest of the hotel, it's poorly lit, people hagging out all over, paint peeling, and the eleavator was digusting, it might have been cleaned last year? When we get to our floor it smelled of moldy carpet and stale salt water. When we get in to the room the a/c wasn't working and the room smelled like the hallway! Once we looked outside at our "view" that was it! We left and went to another hotel, that was absolutely amazing! When I called to tell them we were leaving and we wanted a refund, the Manager asked me what the problem was. So I told him all the above. He turned around asked me if I could see the ocean off the balcony, I said kind of. He said well that what you paid for, that is our ocean view. I said no I paid to the ocean right outside so I could look at it sitting on the balcony. He told me no ma'am that is a different room, that is an 'ocean front' room! Are you kidding me!!! I was even willing to switch rooms so we wouldn't have to try hunting down another hotel at about 11pm. He told me he was unable to switch me anything. after hanging up and finding our room I called the manager back and asked to have our money refunded since we have found another room with an actual OCEAN VIEW (facing full on) and will not be staying there, the 1st manger (more like assistant) said he is not refunding anything, so I asked who is over him, which would be the night manager... he stayed out 'walking the grounds' until his shift ended. So we obviously didn't get our money back! We did end up having a wonderful time at Island Vista Resort.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see what hotel building you are in and if be clear on what view you are booking. Ocean...
4  Thank s3rngurl
CaribbeanManagment, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear s3rngurl,

I would like to first thank you for taking a moment of your time to write this review about our resort. One of the best ways our resort can grow is by learning from our mistakes. I apologize that you did not receive the room location that you were expecting. In regards to our manager never addressing your situation when brought to their attention I can assure you that the managers here do not shirk their responsibilities, and I can assure you that the management team we currently have in place are very reasonable people who do all they can to ensure our guests have the vacation they anticipate. Again, my apologies for a less than satisfactory stay. Please contact me so that we may further discuss your concerns.

Jennifer Stahler,
Resort Manager
jennifer.stahler@caribbeanresort.com

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed 7 nights. Checked in on a thursday and checked out the following thursday.

The Good-
Check in on a thursday afternoon was a piece of cake with no lines at all. Staff was very friendly, especially to our kids. In my opinion the location of this hotel is perfect. Its at the end of a chain of hotels so when the beach gets crowded you can walk north alittle bit and have tons of room. Traffic on Ocean Blvd is not as bad here either. Hotel is on the same road (29th) as Broadway at the Beach and you can be there in 5mins. We stayed in the Dominican tower which is the older of the 2 towers and you can tell it. I was alittle bit disappointed at first when we saw our room because of it being older, but once we got settled in, the room turned out to be very comfy and fit all we needed. Lots of pools, hot tube, lazy rivers and kiddie pools all which were clean.

Alittle Bad-
Try to avoid checking in on a saturday or sunday afternoon! It was absolute nuts during this time. Cars were jamed in the small parking lot and also lined out in the street. People were running crazy dodging each other and trying cram into the elevators with the luggage carts. It would not a good way to start out your vacation by getting into this mess. The only real complaint I have is that there is absolutely no supervision or lifeguard at all at any of the pools. This really needs to be changed. There are several staff workers that walk around and pick up towells but they pay no attention to how people are acting in pools. On friday and saturday the pool area was very crowded and very chaotic. Most all parents/adults were drinking beer after beer while standing in the pools. I even saw adults eating pizza in the pool. All the time while their kids run around like crazy plowing into people. They slam into you as they chase one another in the lazy river. I even saw several kids doing cannonballs into the hot tubs. We actually left the hotel that afternoon and went and did something else to avoid the out of control crowd in the pool area.
However, after sunday it was like night and day difference for monday tuesday wednesday and thursday. Very nice and peaceful during this time with adults and kids in complete control of themselves. So I don't know if its just a weekend thing or that all the weekend warriors checked out on sunday or what? but it was a vast improvement and made the hotel 100% more enjoyable.

1  Thank T H
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Went on a family vacation in July 2012 and decided to stay at the Caribbean after reading reviews from this site. We were not disappointed. We arrived on Sunday and I walked into the lobby to find a long line, which we are used to at the beach. However it only took 30 minutes to check in, people behind the desk were very quick and helpful. There were plenty of baggage carts and employees in the parking lot helping people out of their cars. Very coureous. The room was VERY clean. Stayed in a 2 bedroom and it was immaculate. Beds were firm but not rock hard, couch was very comfortable. No HBO which was disappointing but nothing to get in a huff over. The pools were very nice and open until midnight. The pool bar was very refreshing and had very good food. Oh and they are a member of the Dunes Beach and Golf club, a private course. Played there and it was VERY nice. This was the first hotel/condo the family wanted to stay in again and we've been to more than a few over the years. We wont stay at any other play from now on.

2  Thank bmsozzy
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Some gals and I booked a room for a girls trip back in May. We began reading some reviews over the next following weeks..and I have to say I was a little worried. Upon arriving, we checked in smoothly on a Thrusday afternoon, and were greeted by wonderful employees all around! Special shout out to the bell hop Will who was so helpful! The room was exactly what we expected (the Dominican). There was an issue with the sliding glass door not openening and closing very easy, so we called maintainance. Some one came within minutes and took care of it!! Overall very pleased and will definetly be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sarah H
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Went on a Buisness Trip, Nice Hotel. Good for Buiness Trips, quiet, except the Beach there was a lot of noise.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shaw7002
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Moved here in desperation escaping from the Seamist. What a wonderful experience. This place is all about customer service and the accommodations are awesome. What a great experience.