We just returned from 4 nights (2 adults & a 2 year old) staying in the Chelsea House condos. We were very happy with the rooms. We had a 2BR condo with a kitchen. The rooms are not sleek by any means, but everything was upgraded (granite counters, tile in bathroom, etc.). The carpet did look worn/replaced. The decor was beachy and cheery. It definitely feels like an older building, but that was fine with us. There was a musty odor at first but that went away quickly after we opened up the doors/windows. One of the bathrooms did not look 110% clean on check-in. I am a bit of a clean freak and went through the unit with Lysol, wiped everything down for my own comfort, and then felt okay about things, but I do this everywhere. I did not see any bugs at all inside (a previous reviewer had seen them, but I did not). Staff were courteous and friendly and upgrades to the exterior lighting were being made while we were there. It was well-maintained. We didn't mind being across the street from the ocean--the private pool and quiet were perfect for us.
We were in an end unit on a back building, away from the street noise but RIGHT next to--like 10 feet from--a shack next door. So, our view from the living room deck was awful. But, from the master bedroom we had a nice deck overlooking the pool, which was like an oasis. The pool was quiet, rarely populated with kids, and very relaxing. Water was freezing so we didn't get in, but it was nice to look at and sit next to. We enjoyed being able to park right outside the door to our condo and not have to worry about a parking garage and elevator. I could not believe how quiet the whole Chelsea complex was.
The location is unbeatable--Broadway on the Beach is a straight shot out of the parking lot. We ate the breakfast buffet at Sea Captain twice--the food was fine but the view of the ocean brought us back. We also walked over to Bennett's Calabash Seafood for an early buffet and that was fine. We walked to CA Ultimate Pizza, which was great pizza. There was a Rite Aid and a discount liquor store (amazing prices) in walking distance also. Our favorite dinner was Capriz at Broadway at the Beach.
Our week was a little chilly, and I was irritated that all the glass had been removed from the "indoor" pool area. Our 2 year old who loves to swim could not--it was just too cold/windy to keep her in the water long. We went for a couple of quick swims and then had to get her dressed. So, one of the main reasons we chose the hotel--the ability to swim no matter what the weather, was absent. We had to find other things to do to keep her busy, when we had counted on being able to swim a lot. The pools were busy, but not over-crowded, and people in the pools looked cold!
Overall, I would recommend this place for families and would not hesitate to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on ocean front, the Caribbean Resort & Villas is comprised of four separate buildings: the Dominican tower, the Cayman tower, the Chelsea Villas and the Jamaican building. Our Jamaican building is a four story structure that offers ocean view and ocean front rooms. Our Dominican tower features suites with two doubles or one king bed, an upgraded full kitchen, and living room with a comfortable sleeper sofa and a breathtaking ocean front view. Our Cayman tower offers two-three-and four bedroom condos with various bedding to suit your every need. Our Chelsea Villas our located across the street from the Cayman and Dominican towers. These villas feature two and three bedroom condos (Bedding varies in each unit.) Our guests will enjoy our spacious oceanfront pool deck with indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor lazy river, tiki bar, Jacuzzis and waterpark with an adult-size waterslide and silly submarine. During the summer children enjoy our supervised activity program where they can create crafts and take part in fun games. We are minutes from area golf courses, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Caribbean Resort And Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort And Villas Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Caribbean Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Carribean
- Caribbean Myrtle Beach