We travelled to Myrtle Beach for a Family Mother's Day Weekend... my only complaint was we did not stay longer!
Upon booking, I searched many hotels that provided a 4 bedroom condo, good location, great pool & activities for the kids. We were impressed with all!
Location: The Caribbean Resort is about 10-15 minutes from Myrtle Beach Airport (depending on traffic) and is located right next door to the Sea Captains House Restaurant on 29th Street. The Caribbean Resort is the last hotel in the "row" before some beautiful beach front homes... which is nice because it is less crowded. And if you are interested in "Broadway at the Beach", you just drive down 29th Street for a couple blocks and you have arrived. There is also many "beach" shops, restaurants & stores located within a block or two.
Resort: The lobby is small (but nice)... but who cares, you don't spend your time in the lobby anyway! We had a 4 bedroom condo on the 20th floor. I was nervous that we were going to be crowded as we had 10 adults and 2 children in 1 room. The unit was VERY ROOMY! Definitely larger than the pictures look. We easily had everyone in the living/dining area without anyone being crowded. The kitchen has new stainless steel appliances, and plenty of dishes, plenty of closet space and a large corner balcony. There's flat screen TV's in every room, a DVD player, 3 bathrooms & washer & dryer. The staff... was extremely friendly and kept the resort very clean! There was also a parking garage for the resort directly across the street, which is nice because a lot of the resorts just have small parking lots.
The pools were great! There's a lazy river and swimming pool & outside bar to the right. Inside is 2 hot tubs (more like pools they are so large), main pool, lazy river (decent size), and kiddie pool with obstacles. Outside to the left is a large swimming pool, twisting water slide, large hot tub and kiddie pool with submarine. All the pools were heated (except the inside lazy river was chilly), which was nice because the air was still cold. There are plenty of lounge chairs around as well.
I also want to note that the resort was very quiet... I don't know if that is because nobody was in any rooms around us, or if they just have great walls. Even within our unit, if you were in the bedrooms, you didn't hear others in the living areas.
I am not a huge Myrtle Beach fan, but I would go back to stay at the Caribbean Resort in a heartbeat! Our family had a wonderful time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on ocean front, the Caribbean Resort & Villas is comprised of four separate buildings: the Dominican tower, the Cayman tower, the Chelsea Villas and the Jamaican building. Our Jamaican building is a four story structure that offers ocean view and ocean front rooms. Our Dominican tower features suites with two doubles or one king bed, an upgraded full kitchen, and living room with a comfortable sleeper sofa and a breathtaking ocean front view. Our Cayman tower offers two-three-and four bedroom condos with various bedding to suit your every need. Our Chelsea Villas our located across the street from the Cayman and Dominican towers. These villas feature two and three bedroom condos (Bedding varies in each unit.) Our guests will enjoy our spacious oceanfront pool deck with indoor and outdoor pools, outdoor lazy river, tiki bar, Jacuzzis and waterpark with an adult-size waterslide and silly submarine. During the summer children enjoy our supervised activity program where they can create crafts and take part in fun games. We are minutes from area golf courses, restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Caribbean Resort And Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Resort And Villas Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Caribbean Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Carribean
- Caribbean Myrtle Beach