“Great place for novice golfers”

Cane Patch Driving Range
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My son and I have played here three times. As beginners, there's a lot we don't know about golf, but we always enjoy Cane Patch-- the course is well cared for, the people are nice, and we've never been 'hurried along'. The greens aren't exactly pristine but for a Par 3 at the beach the conditions are fine. The yellow course (9 holes) is older than the blue course. While it has a more scenic look (including a nice water hazard), the blue course offers nicer decking at the holes and nice shady spots to rest.

1  Thank PrivateIdaheaux

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Took my son to Cane Patch today to hit a bucket of balls. I read some of the reviews about having old range balls, but ours were brand new strata...didn't see an old range ball in sight as a matter of fact.

Anyway, the hitting mats were in good shape and you have multiple pin placements to practice hitting to as well as the basic 100, 150, 200 yard markers to gauge your distance with. There is also a large green with a sand trap for short game/putting practice. Price for a large bucket was a little high ($15) but grab a $2 off coupon out of any of the local magazine's to make it a little more reasonable.

Didn't play the par 3 course this time, but we have in the past and it is generally well tended to and a fun layout to play with your child, to tune up your short game, or give golf a try if you never have.

All in all, a little high on the price but a nice place to tune your game up.

1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is ok for anyone that has their own clubs to bring. If you need to use their free rental clubs, I suggest not going. The clubs they have are worse than any old clubs you find at garage sales. The guy behind the counter was not friendly either. Didn't want to provide assistance, but just wanted us to pick a size of bucket to buy.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This place always makes money and never puts a dime back into it. The range balls are so old it's a waste to hit them they are just bad. Just sell the place to someone with some integrity to make something good and give the people what they pay for. You guys are robbers How do you sleep

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had never even picked up a real good club, besides putt putt, and we decided to stop here and just give it a swing. We borrowed a couple drivers and purchased a couple baskets of golf balls and with a little instruction from the golfer (Bill) behind the counter, we had a very enjoyable learning experience! I would recommend Cane Patch Par 3 to everybody!! Loved it!!