“Just OK...”

Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach
Ranked #65 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This property presents itself well visually on the outside. The inside seemed to have had some updates, and our room even smelled of fresh paint. However, any updates have obviously excluded bedding. The comforter was nothing special. The pillows were mediocre, and the blanket was thin and barely pulled up enough to even keep your upper body warm...Our not so great night's sleep got even worse when the occupants of our neighboring room arrived back in their room at 4 AM. Apparently no one reminded them that this is a time when most people are asleep! After hearing their loud voices, banging doors, etc. through our walls for nearly an hour, they settled down to sleep...and we did, too. Unfortunately, what this meant was that we slept in later and when my husband made his way down to get some breakfast 15 minutes before the end of breakfast time, there was little left from which to choose...This was all capped off by him going to grab a piece of the about 5 remaining pieces of fruit when a not so polite lady in front of him proceeded to grab all of the remaining fruit and stick it in her bag, so he simply ended up at the Bojangles at the end of the road to get us some breakfast...Long story short...Getting a better rate must have meant we would share our experience with some not so well mannered people who have no regard for maintaining a quiet environment or taking only what they will eat for breakfast rather than what they will snack on throughout the day. There are too many places to stay in Myrtle Beach to leave tired and hungry, so we will definitely stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

It disappoints me your stay was not stellar! Our guest do like to celebrate all kinds of occassions here bringing them in at all hours. Sorry the night owls were next to you. It sounds like you come to Myrtle Beach more than once a year...give us another try...I'll make you a waffle in the morning! Or put in a special request for Breakfast, I'll see what I can do.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here for a week ,because our boys were playing in The Ripken tournament across the
highway.I picked it for price and convenience to field ,but it ended up being so much more.The rooms were so spacious and the bathroom was huge w/tons of counter space.Our Family of 5 slept very comfortably and the beds and even sofa sleeper were so comfy,which is rare.The front desk staff and office staff were so accommodating ,especially Chris!! He gave us a spare cooler to use at the beach and helped w/all our questions and even had a nail file for me :)
the location was perfect,less than 5 min from shopping,dining ,and entertainment and 10 min from an amazing public beach we frequented.The breakfast was perfect,something for everyone,even my very picky eater and coffee and ice water always available. It was truly a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Our room faced Frontage road and was still not noisy at all,not sure about others.maybe bring your o...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We Love the Ripken Teams! Thanks for choosing us! Please tell you friends!

Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Travel a lot for business. I found this Comfort Inn to be a good value. Staff were very pleasant as they should be. My room was clean and comfy.
The 2 things the hotel needs to work on. 1. Chair in my room was beat, arms showing padding, need to buy a slip cover for it at the least.I don't think Good Will would even take it as a donation.
2. Also it would be nice to furnish a desk chair for the desk.

Everything else was good!

• Stayed: August 2012

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We visited July 20-22 and had a great time. It was our first out of state vacation in 20 years and the only reason we picked this location is because we were members of their loyalty club, they had a free breakfast, and we had frequented their St Augustine location a number of times with no problems. After my wife booked it I looked at the reviews here (I know backwards huh?) and found some dramatically drastic differences of opinion but I also noticed that management seemed concerned with percieved problems. We had such a superior experience that I set up a trip advisor account just for the sole purpose of singing the praises of this staff. I understand that it may make me look like a shill so in the interest of trying to negate that thought I will say that the breakfast area was too small for the morning rush in which it seemed the entire building tried to come in at the exact same time and the elevator was very slow. Those were minor issues to me but listed just to illustrate I'm not living in a dream world. In EVERY SINGLE interaction with the staff they showed a willingness to be helpful , friendly and came across with what seemed GENUINE concern that we had an enjoyable stay. Some illustrations: After the booking was made we found that we could do another day time wise but not $$ wise. My wife called and they found a different package that helped lower our per day cost so the addition of the extra day did not break the bank. When I commented on a facebook post made by the hotel that we were excited about our upcoming visit it was responded to with pleasantries. When we checked in we found a personalized small welcome gift in our room and our bathroom towel folded into a swan. When we asked for dinning suggestions and directions at the front desk we were helped without feeling that we interupted other more important work. When we had breakfast we watched the room attendant be a tasmaian devil of activity with cleaning tables and keeping the food stocked. We saw a welcome sign for the various groups booked in during our stay. When we had a minor communication issue with room service it was addressed quickly and happily. I believe there was a family reunion going on along with a number of other groups, the hotel seemed at, or near, capacity yet we never felt that our single room was any less important than any other room or group of people. I'm in management and I understand more than the average bear that this type of experience DOES NOT happen accidently. It's a tribute to the leadership in this building that our visit to MB was an full. relaxing, and enjoyable one. Old hotel? Run down? Not worth the money? I couldn't say...I was enjoying myself too much. Thanks Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach, here's hoping our paths cross again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Keeper0499

Thanks for noticing! We work hard so you can have a great time! See you again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great location just a couple minutes from Broadway at the Beach. Very friendly staff. Clean room with plenty of space. We slept very well. No problems and no complaints. Even had a nice tv. We called down to the front desk to ask them to call us a cab and they had one there in under 5 minutes. They always said hello and goodbye. Very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks! Come visit us again soon! The weather is Great!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We booked this room on the fly because we were having so much fun in Myrtle Beach that we didn't want to leave! Luckily they were able to accommodate us. No complaints about this property at all. Great staff, clean room, and overall great experience. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thanks! When the snow flies in Jersey, We'll be waiting for you! Come on down!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I booked a group from my Church at the Hotel for July 10-12, 2012. The stay was excellent with clean rooms, a free hearty breakfast, and attentive staff. Everyone was courteous and tried to make sure our needs were met. The Hotel group salesperson was extremely nice to me and our group. This is an excellent Hotel for groups and families. The location is a short distance to Myrtle Beach and area atractions such as Broadway to the Beach and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

We LOVE Church groups, Family Reunions and all kinds of friendly people! Alison and Michelle in our group sales office are waiting to serve you! Thanks for writing the review too! Your group was a lot of fun! You don't have to wait until next summer.....your room is ready!