Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This place is gorgeous! Newly transformed, couldn't believe this was actually a Hampton Inn. Beautiful hardwood floors throughout entire1st level with numerous, comfortable seating areas complete with fireplaces. Antique furnishings with a tastefully done nautical theme. The breakfast area was huge, overlooking the ocean. Porch right off the breakfast area with at least 5 sets of wicker rocking chairs where you could enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the waves come in. 2 large indoor pools along with 2 hot tubs. Outside there were 2 pools with lazy rivers, a childs pool with numerous water park type attractions, a large adult pool and a childs pool located in the shade under part of the building, with wheel chair ramp. Outdoor play area for children with slides and swings. Parking garage was nice, plenty of spaces. Room was a little small but very clean and comfortable. Microwave and frige in room. Service was great. Everyone was very friendly.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maryjo W
Write a ReviewReviews (3,000)

Reviewed April 26, 2010

We booked this hotel based on the reviews a few months ago on Tripadvisor. And we agree with all the great reviews. This was a girl getaway vacation where there were four of us. We were on the 11th floor in a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite. The view was awesome and could hear the surf of the ocean! The space was large and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bunk beds were large enough for an adult female. Having the continental breakfast was nice. We had called the hotel and they recommended us getting a rental car since there are not a lot of restaurants in walking distance. Everything is in close driving distance to the hotel. We all want to come back with our families and will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ninemillers
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Arrived week of 4/12 for a short getaway. Based on only comfort level and quality of facilities (excluding the view and location) I would rank this as the third best Hampton Inn I've stayed at. For quietness, comfort of bed, cleanliness, and quality of breakfast I rank the Harrisonburg, Virginia as the best and Mount Pleasant, SC taking second. The Myrtle Beach Oceanfront is a nice place to stay with but a few little annoyances.

1) Automatic door closures need periodic testing and adjusting. There are 1 or 2 on our floor (5th or 6th floor - North tower) that would swing shut with a hard enough force that the walls reverberate and shook. Fortunately we did not have any late arriving guests during our stay. I have stayed at a lot of Disney World Deluxe hotels and that has always been my biggest complaint with them but I always felt Hampton paid better attention to this issue.
2) Within 30 minutes of checking in a bathroom faucet or shower from a nearby room was turned on but the sound seemed like it came from our own room. Both the wife and I jumped up and ran to our own bathroom to see if something happened. Luckily we did not hear it but one more time later that evening during our stay so I suppose that room must have been unoccupied for the duration of our trip. But wow it was loud.
3) The fridge was noisy. A rattle around the door that stopped when I touched it but restarted when I removed my hand. I shut it off at night and back on during the day.
4) Room was a little small - 2 queen. There are 2 bdrm suites available but pricey.
5) On our last night at around 2:30 AM an obviously drunk teenager or 20-something was yelling continuously from the beach towards all the hotels along the strip. He woke quite a few others I learned at the breakfast room. We like to sleep with the door cracked open to listen to the waves and as a white noise for any possible hall traffic. No fault of Hampton but keep in mind this may happen more frequently during the busy season.

The room was clean with but some sand on the balcony floor. Balcony table and chairs were also clean which is a common oversight and other hotels.
The dining area was a very nice environment. It overlooks the beach area, food and coffee was constantly fresh. Wide screen TV and a daily USA Today paper. A room I could stay in for hours but the north tower was freezing so we took our food to the south tower where it was much more comfortable. The parking garage was great although a little tight. Watch those blind turns. We had one close call with a teenage driver. Service was impeccable from the Jenny who took my reservation to the maintenance worker who voluntarily offered to return the luggage cart from the garage back to the check-in area as we were departing.

Would I stay here again? A strong yes. But not during the busy summer season.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank troutfisher704
Reviewed April 22, 2010

It's an Oasis on a strip of what look like run down 'has-beens' . The double suite was very comfortable and clean. My only complaint would be the lack of expected cable T.V. stations. No HGTV, Food Network, Bravo, MSNBC.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank WantValue4Dollar
Reviewed April 17, 2010

From the great ocean view from the front desk to the seaside breakfast room to the room amenities, the Inn was top-notch. The seaside decor reminded us of Disney's Beach Club at WDW. Everything was sparkling clean and the white wood plank walls charming. The staff was great...smiles all around and very helpful. Easy, convenient parking compared to other places at MB. We don't visit MB too frequently, but we've certainly found a new home for the times that we do. A home that invokes fond, 'wish we were back there' memories. Because of this experience we will now visit MB more often.
Thanks to all the wonderful staff!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank GoingStrong65
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I booked the room with Expedia - not a good representation of the room space. I filled out the information noting that I have 3 teenagers and an 11 year old traveling with me. My room was a double with no couch!! How did they expect us to fit? I was forced to get a rollaway bed for my almost 6 ft son. The closet was extremely small with only one bathroom. We managed, but it was miserable, and we were there for an entire week on Spring Break. Because I had a non-refundable, non-changeable reservation, I was stuck. I must say that thanks to the hotel manager, the rollaway bed was complimentary, once I explained our situation.
The hotel itself was very nice, and clean. The desk staff was friendly, and whenever we needed extra towels, they would bring them to our room right away! There are a few indoor pools, several outdoor pools, and the beach shoreline was just a few feet outside the gate from the outdoor pools. Overall the grounds were clean, parking was free. I liked the fact that we needed our room key to access the hotel from ANY entrance, including the pool area and the parking lot.
I may stay at this hotel again, but I would DEFINITELY book a double room suite. It's pretty pricey, so if you can get another adult to share the tab, you will be pleased. There is a bit of breakfast in the mornings. Not a made-to-order breakfast, but it is hot. The main items were there everyday (juice, cereal, etc.), and the hot items would vary from day to day. CALL THE HOTEL FIRST before booking!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank shaypd
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I read the reviews and saw that it was rated high and right on the beach. Glad I stayed here. What a beautiful hotel and the beach was breathtaking.

There is a pool out back (looked like mostly built for kids), a workout room, a business room with internet. And the rooms are so nice. I slept like a baby. And of course it is right off the beach. There is a microwave and frig. Traffic is horrible in Myrtle Beach. I recommend bringing food and beverages and eating in and spending the majority of the time on the beach (but that's just me.)

Gave them a 4 instead of a 5 because the breakfast was kinda lame. People around me kept asking about it and the gal serving kept talking about how great the breakfast was the day before. Nobody cares about the breakfast the day before. But that was not a big deal.

Definitely would stay here again. Highly recommend it. Underground parking - parking was free.

Wanted to mention there is a hotel maybe 2 hotels north of this one - think it was called Paradise. They angled the hotel like a V so that people on the side would get a better view of the beach. Most hotels are just a box. So you can see the beach, but not that well if you are on the side like I was. I might check out that hotel next time I go. But the Hampton was wonderful.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo